BA fare discounts with AARP Master Thread

Old Jan 15, 2014, 6:28 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by lwildernorva
FYI. Although both the Chase and AARP discounts are now operational, it appears that BA may have fixed the software glitch that allowed stacking.
Oh, bummer That's a shame.
Old Jan 15, 2014, 7:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/LTP, BA GGL/CCR/GfL, HH D/LTD, SPG/MR Plat/LTP
Originally Posted by tooblue
As they say: age has its privileges. AARP also offers a good rate at Hilton Hotels. Generally the rate is as good as AAA but it includes late check-out (when available, of course but I've never been refused). Then again, I am, like you, a Hilton HHonors Diamond Member; so that would probably do the trick too. AARP rate at Hilton is not as good as Advance Purchase rate but it is fully refundable and useful for those 'will I, won't I?' stays.
Beeing an AARP member, I guess you are prepared for a late check-out...
Old Jan 15, 2014, 8:54 pm

Programs: Amex Plat, AA, BA Silver, Marriott Plat, Choice Gold, HHonors Gold, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by golfmad
Oh, bummer That's a shame.
Test booking done only, but I've done those before with success; this afternoon, not so much. I'll happily be proven wrong. . .
Old Jan 17, 2014, 12:02 pm

Programs: Free Agent
Still on for me

Originally Posted by lwildernorva
Test booking done only, but I've done those before with success; this afternoon, not so much. I'll happily be proven wrong. . .
Test booking also, did not proceed to purchase page. Perhaps we should not advertise further (or at least use less obvious terminology) in order to keep the Google eyes at BA from finding and stopping that specific deal..

Yes, yes, paranoia, they already know, et cetera...
Old Jan 17, 2014, 12:26 pm

Programs: BA Silver; VS Gold; HHonors Diamond; Amex Centurion; IHG Platinum; Club Accor Platinum; TfL Oyster.
Originally Posted by onobond
Beeing an AARP member, I guess you are prepared for a late check-out...
Sounds better than an early departure.
Old Jul 11, 2014, 9:28 am

AARP log in now required?

The public BA page now sends you over to AARP to log in before accessing the offer. Tried registering on that site, but it doesnt work for me in a couple of browsers.

Any ideas on a workaround here? The offer now states an expiration date of Oct 14 2014, btw.
Old Jul 11, 2014, 9:51 am

Originally Posted by jigri2003
The public BA page now sends you over to AARP to log in before accessing the offer. Tried registering on that site, but it doesnt work for me in a couple of browsers.

Any ideas on a workaround here? The offer now states an expiration date of Oct 14 2014, btw.
It certainly has changed but still works OK for me. I used it earlier this week for a booking and secured the $400 discount in combination with the 10% Chase discount (applied at checkout). I used Safari on my MacBook Pro and didn't encounter any problems.
Old Jul 11, 2014, 9:55 am

So you logged into AARP.org before getting the discount? I assume you have a paid AARP membership?

Would you mind sharing the link/process/page just before it took you to the BA reservations page?

It certainly has changed but still works OK for me. I used it earlier this week for a booking and secured the $400 discount in combination with the 10% Chase discount (applied at checkout). I used Safari on my MacBook Pro and didn't encounter any problems.
Old Jul 11, 2014, 9:59 am

Sure. This is the page I use to start with:

https://www.britishairways.com/en-us...ember-benefits

Then click on the "Log in to your AARP account here" link. (Yes, I have a $16 AARP account although I'm still under 50 )

Then click on the "Verify membership" link.

And it should take you to a "Plan your journey page" that says "AARP member discounts on BA" at the top.

So you logged into AARP.org before getting the discount? I assume you have a paid AARP membership?

Would you mind sharing the link/process/page just before it took you to the BA reservations page?
Old Jul 11, 2014, 10:00 am

Then, if you have a Chase Visa card you can enter the 10% discount code as a promotional code before you pay.
Old Jul 11, 2014, 10:06 am

Ah, so there's the rub. I'm just a registered user of the site. The "Plan your journey" page sounds like what BA sent you to automatically before this new process. Would you be able to share that, or is it individually identifiable in some way?

Or, of course, I could just take the one time $16 hit

Then click on the "Verify membership" link.
And it should take you to a "Plan your journey page" that says "AARP member discounts on BA" at the top.
Old Jul 11, 2014, 10:18 am

Ah, so there's the rub. I'm just a registered user of the site. The "Plan your journey" page sounds like what BA sent you to automatically before this new process. Would you be able to share that, or is it individually identifiable in some way?

Or, of course, I could just take the one time $16 hit
I will PM it to you. Having said that, surely a potential $400 saving per trip warrants the $16 annual fee? @:-)
Old Jul 11, 2014, 10:20 am

I will PM it to you. Having said that, surely a potential $400 saving per trip warrants the $16 annual fee? @:-)
No doubt!
Old Jul 11, 2014, 10:26 am

No doubt!
I'm not convinced the link will work for you. I just tried it from a different browser and it doesn't seem to know about the 'AARP verification' part if that step is missed. Does it work for you?
Old Jul 11, 2014, 10:41 am

I think it isn't working. The initial price quote doesnt seem to be less than OTAs. Unless the discount shows later in the process?

I'm not convinced the link will work for you. I just tried it from a different browser and it doesn't seem to know about the 'AARP verification' part if that step is missed. Does it work for you?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.