LHR to BKK using avios to get married

Old Feb 3, 2013, 11:52 am
Original Poster

LHR to BKK using avios to get married

Please help, my self and my fiance would love to get married in Thailand in Spring 2014, looking at the next 12 months, I have not found ANY award seats in Club world for 2 people using AVIOS. Am I missing a trick here? I know I cannot book spring 2014 yet, but availability for any date ever seems to be zero to BKK.
To note, I will be using my 241. Also, I cant see anything for singapore either in Club.
Old Feb 3, 2013, 11:56 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Honors Diamond, Mucci de buveur de gin
Well I knew avios had their uses but getting married with them?!

Old Feb 3, 2013, 12:02 pm

Programs: GGL, BA lifetime Gold, Many Hotel Sparkles
Hi there, if you're at BA.com then you're at the right place.

Try here on points 2 and onwards for general strategy stuff.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...tart-here.html

Try and get into the region and then use reward flight saver to hop to where you want to end up. There isn't a secret to it, just making the best redemption you can by being as flexible as possible.

Have a great time planning
Old Feb 3, 2013, 2:09 pm
Original Poster

Its either fly business with AVIOS or premium with Thai air (good prices) and use the AVIOS for another time.
It just seems there is no availability in Club to BKK EVER, no availability to SIN in club, very very little to Hong Kong. So I guess I am stuck.

If I call the helpline, can you book earlier than on the website?
Old Feb 3, 2013, 2:12 pm

Programs: Accor PLT,Thai Silver, HH Dia, SPG Titanium (LT Gold), Aegean Gold, BA Silver
I have just been searching and there is award availability in J on MH to KUL so could be an opportunity there. If LHR does prove a blank try CDG. A romantic stop in paris enroute might set the tone nicely.

edit - just seen you want to use the 241
Old Feb 3, 2013, 2:19 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by pappap647
Its either fly business with AVIOS or premium with Thai air (good prices) and use the AVIOS for another time.
It just seems there is no availability in Club to BKK EVER, no availability to SIN in club, very very little to Hong Kong. So I guess I am stuck.

If I call the helpline, can you book earlier than on the website?
you may be lucky at 355 days out but doubtful. BKK, SIN and SYD are the WORST routes to get availability on in club and first - esp with fixed dates. You may find closer to the time like a couple of weeks before that something opens up.

Personally i'd look at other options. Pay wt+ and hope somethign opens up for upgrade or buy a biz class ticket with thai or finnair. (obviously means you cant use the 241)

PS> Helpline can see the same buckets as we can so prob not much use. And at 355 days before, reward avail opens up at midnight so by time call centre opens, seats could be gone.

Do a search for avios reward avail to syd, sin and bkk on here - loads more information available.

Last edited by GavT_london; Feb 3, 2013 at 2:33 pm
Old Feb 3, 2013, 2:30 pm

Programs: BA Executive Club, Emirates Skywards
I bagged a couple of F seats on a 2-4-1 to BKK but it wasn't easy. I had to be 100% flexible with dates and incredibly persistent. There was some availability at T-355 but it didn't hang around for long. One additional constraint for me was limited availability of seats for our MAN-LHR connecting flight.
Old Feb 3, 2013, 2:46 pm

Programs: MUCCI; BAEC Lifetime Gold; Marriott Bonvoy Emeritus Titanium; Hertz#1, Avis Presidents Club
BKK availabilty has never been good and has got worse now there is not the QF option. HKG has usually been better so you could use the 241 for there and get a CX flight to BKK.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.