Can't select seat?

Old Feb 3, 2013, 6:07 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, Marriott Plat
Can't select seat?

Hi folks, I'm on the 218 at the beginning of March in club. MMB is saying 'seat choice available' but when I click through to choose no seating map appears.

Any thoughts? Might the plane change?
Old Feb 3, 2013, 6:51 am

Programs: BA Blue
Perhaps you have been upgraded?
Old Feb 3, 2013, 6:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Most likely there was some change made in the BA schedule or seatmap and MMB cannot cope.

I would try calling BA.

It is unlikely that an upgrade would have been completed now for a flight in March.

Old Feb 3, 2013, 6:58 am
Original Poster

An upgrade would be lovely Micheli, especially as I'm going 'round the world in 5 days' (literally ) but I can't believe that is the reason this far out.

OK, will try calling thanks SF
Old Feb 3, 2013, 8:04 am

Programs: BA Blue
There was a thread floating around about this recently, but I can't seem to find it, relating specifically to DEN flights. I'm also due to fly DEN-LHR in the coming weeks and have the same issue. According to the other thread it's because they have rostered a 4-class 777 to operate the route on the dates the map is missing. I guess depending on load they may open up F seats to some CW pax with CW food/service.
Old Feb 3, 2013, 8:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by micheli
Perhaps you have been upgraded?
The earliest operational/service recovery upgrades are processed is around 36 hours before departure.
Old Feb 3, 2013, 8:15 am

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Platinum, HH Diamond, Hertz PC,
Originally Posted by Swanhunter
The earliest operational/service recovery upgrades are processed is around 36 hours before departure.
DEN is a three class service so you can't be upgraded from CW.

I am on 218 on 7 March and can select my seats.
Old Feb 3, 2013, 8:20 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Originally Posted by peck
Hi folks, I'm on the 218 at the beginning of March in club. MMB is saying 'seat choice available' but when I click through to choose no seating map appears.

Any thoughts? Might the plane change?
Since your flight is still some time away, perhaps give it a few days in case they are doing an aircraft swap, and if the seat selection is still not working then, contact BA?
Old Feb 3, 2013, 8:34 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Dave Z
There was a thread floating around about this recently, but I can't seem to find it, relating specifically to DEN flights. I'm also due to fly DEN-LHR in the coming weeks and have the same issue. According to the other thread it's because they have rostered a 4-class 777 to operate the route on the dates the map is missing. I guess depending on load they may open up F seats to some CW pax with CW food/service.
Thanks Dave, maybe that's the reason. There are certainly strange things happening - I called the gold line up and the operator tried to reserve me a seat (although there were no window seats left ). This was a couple of hours ago, and it has not appeared in MMB. She had no idea why I can't reserve a seat in MMB. I'm travelling on the 5th btw

Weird. Anyway I suspect I'll be such a jet-lagged mess I won't care where I'm sitting

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.