Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

'Golden Ticket' - Recognising Outstanding Service - launched on a permanent basis

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

'Golden Ticket' - Recognising Outstanding Service - launched on a permanent basis

Search this Thread

Old May 21, 2014, 1:39 pm

Programs: BA GGL, BA Amex Prem, Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, Sir Crazy8534 de l'ordres des aides de Pucci
Originally Posted by BA.MF.CSM
I find that sad to read, it would be nice if they meant something to you, but I understand your point of view.

From our perspective on MF, for CSMs certainly, and for the airline as a whole, looking to the future, we are calibrated each year in regards to incremental pay and company bonus. Golden tickets is one way, for us, to help build our portfolio when it comes to the end of the year, and so I would suggest they are of more value to us, with us working in an incentivised environment.

I suppose if they are of no real value, for example, on WW, one would end up feeling that way about the scheme maybe.

Kind regards

BA.MF.CSM
That is very interesting, hadn't really appreciated the difference between CC groups in that respect.
Old May 21, 2014, 1:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Your idea of having say a £10 voucher from M&S, I would give manager one of these so that I didn't have to waste my own time coming in early so they can say well done.
I get all the thanks I need from directly from my customers.
Old May 21, 2014, 1:54 pm

Programs: BA GGL, BA Amex Prem, Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, Sir Crazy8534 de l'ordres des aides de Pucci
Originally Posted by Can I help you
Your idea of having say a £10 voucher from M&S, I would give manager one of these so that I didn't have to waste my own time coming in early so they can say well done.
I get all the thanks I need from directly from my customers.
It's just a shame there aren't more people like that in some other industries!
Old May 21, 2014, 3:12 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, SPG Gold
I'd be a little happier if more of you golden travellers would sit down in WT or WT+ and give my crew "down the back" more of an opportunity to see a Golden Ticket....
Old May 21, 2014, 3:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
If I had gold ticket to give to a purser, you would get one. ^
One of the really unfair things about these tickets is that there is less chance of any of the great crew who only work in the WT cabin ever receiving one.
Old May 26, 2014, 9:38 am

Programs: BA, *A, Hertz Goldstar, Mucci wannabee, Waitrose, safari Oleg
Originally Posted by sammyh25
I'd be a little happier if more of you golden travellers would sit down in WT or WT+ and give my crew "down the back" more of an opportunity to see a Golden Ticket....
Thanks for the hint. I for one will bear that in mind.
Old Jun 28, 2014, 2:58 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt 5+ Badge

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Mucci des Salons Ouvrants
I gave out my first Golden Ticket today - paper version - to a crew on the MAD-LHR flight. I was in ET and I did not get upgraded, I didn't get special treatment nor was not even acknowledged as a GCH but I watched the crew in action on a difficult flight and thought they did an awesome job. I would have slapped some of the pax but they all got on with their job with a smile and a laugh despite a delay, a very long delay to the next flight, too much carry on luggage and some quite rude pax!

However what struck me was how much my Golden Ticket meant - I handed it over quite inconspicuously and when the cabin crew member realised what it was they came over to thank me a couple of times and then again on the way out of the door! I have not handed one out before but have had it lurking for a year or so for just such a flight as todays. I am glad now that I waited for the right moment and didn't hand it out for run of the mill stuff!

Maybe they do mean something to some cabin crew!

aks120

Last edited by aks120; Jun 28, 2014 at 3:04 pm
Old Dec 24, 2014, 5:11 am

Programs: LH FTL, BA Silver, Thameslink Delay Repay
Finally gave mine out yesterday, and it couldn't have been more well deserved.

Absolutely packed pre-Christmas LHR-OTP, yet the crew were utterly fantastic. One crew member stood out in particular from the minute we boarded, going out of her way to help people with their bags and always offering up a smile and a cheeky joke. This continued on throughout the service despite a bunch of annoying pax and it was really obvious that she just has "the knack".

I popped back to the galley after the service to hand out my customary Christmas chocolates to the crew (they're working up until Christmas Eve after all, they deserve a little treat!) and gave her the ticket along with a few nice words about just how awesome I thought she is and I do think it was very well received
Old Apr 4, 2016, 5:43 pm
formerly known as DeltaNYC

Programs: AC SE100K / BA Bronze / Marriott Ambassador (LT Plat) / Hilton Diamond / IHG Plat
Sorry to revive an old thread, but is it still possible to get hard copies of these golden tickets? I see a link on my EC page to fill one out online, but it would be great to be able to hand out hard copies in person.
Old Apr 4, 2016, 6:14 pm

Programs: British Airways Executive Club
Originally Posted by Far Siren
Sorry to revive an old thread, but is it still possible to get hard copies of these golden tickets? I see a link on my EC page to fill one out online, but it would be great to be able to hand out hard copies in person.
The online ones are so much better as the issuer writes down the exact reason why the recipient warrants the Golden Ticket and this is then transcribed into a letter which goes on our file and a copy of which is sent home. The little wallet sized cards we just get and then have to take to a manager to put on our files.
Old Jun 30, 2016, 9:59 am

Programs: BAEC GGL CCR, HHonors DIA
I just wrote one out too, does this mean I can submit endless golden tickets?
Old Jun 30, 2016, 11:34 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, TK Elite, HHonors Lifetime Diamond
Question: I wanted to submit a golden ticket online to a fantastic CSM on my flight from EWR, however, I am asked to provide the name which I don't know. Will the ticket reach its receipent if I indicate that she was a member of cabin crew working my aisle or her role (I am pretty sure that she was a CSM). She was so amazingly nice and led her team in such a way that it was one of the best CW flights I had...Would be a shame if I could not give the ticket to her.

Thanks.
Old Jun 30, 2016, 11:56 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Andriyko
Question: I wanted to submit a golden ticket online to a fantastic CSM on my flight from EWR, however, I am asked to provide the name which I don't know. Will the ticket reach its receipent if I indicate that she was a member of cabin crew working my aisle or her role (I am pretty sure that she was a CSM). She was so amazingly nice and led her team in such a way that it was one of the best CW flights I had...Would be a shame if I could not give the ticket to her.
If you can give the flight number, date, cabin and seat number, they can probably work it out, though it could be trickier in WT on the larger aircraft. The working assignment information is kept for a while and I know they go to a bit of effort to find out the person being praised.
Old Jun 30, 2016, 1:15 pm

Programs: BAEC Blue
Originally Posted by Andriyko

Thanks.
I don't qualify for golden tickets, but I'm a frequent user of the online "thank you" form. Like you, Andriyko, I want to get the name right and, in my case, I always find that the most stressful bit. There's the challenge of trying to read the person's name badge without looking like a stalker, then, once I've successfully navigated that minefield, there's the further challenge of shrugging off the wine/TATL amnesia and trying to remember the name I went to such lengths to observe. If staff ever get to see them, they must pray they never encounter me - rambling, jet-lagged fool that I am - ever again. Still, I enjoy the process every time; I know from FT that staff appreciate the effort and it certainly passes some time both on the plane and on the train journey home.
Old Jun 30, 2016, 1:21 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by frank_poulankh
I don't qualify for golden tickets, but I'm a frequent user of the online "thank you" form. Like you, Andriyko, I want to get the name right and, in my case, I always find that the most stressful bit. There's the challenge of trying to read the person's name badge without looking like a stalker, then, once I've successfully navigated that minefield, there's the further challenge of shrugging off the wine/TATL amnesia and trying to remember the name I went to such lengths to observe. .
On board or at your departure, go to the CSM/CSD and say you're sending in a Thank You, and get them to scrawl down the name for you. Since it indirectly reflects well on them I'm sure they would assist. As for amnesia, my trick is that I've downloaded the form onto my gadget so I can fill it in offline when airborne and press Send when taxi-ing to the gate. If they are downroute they may even get to hear while still over there, which is always extra good I feel. I had a thank you back when returning from SYD recently, not knowing I'd have the same crew on the return.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.