Wiki Posts
Search

BA flights: Sabre vs Galileo...

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1, 2013, 3:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Silver, HHonors Gold
BA flights: Sabre vs Galileo...

Just looking at the loads for my flight to LAS next Tuesday , looking to see if any Row 1 seats are available (just to say I have 'done' row 1). Am in 2A, so not a disaster (far from it, though am the 'wrong' side for me in 2A, as I am right handed, so would be nice to bag 1K), but looking on the loads it flags a difference between Sabre:

[KVS Availability Tool 7.1.2/Diamond - Sabre: Availability/FS/US]

TUE 05 Feb 2013

BA 275 LHR 15:40 LAS 18:20 744 F6 A5 ......

and Galileo

[KVS Availability Tool 7.1.2/Diamond - Galileo: Availability/ETR/JP]

TUE 05 Feb 2013

BA 275 LHR 15:40 LAS 18:20 744 0 F5 A5

Why does it show F6 on Sabre, and F5 on Galileo?. Seat map shows 5 seats free, bar row 1, which is still blocked as not T-72, so is there still a row 1 seat free?.

Oh, and too early to know if it's NF or not?

I know, first world problems , but am interested to know where the difference comes from.
Old Feb 1, 2013, 4:07 pm

Programs: BA Gold, IC Ambassador, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Fairmont Platinum
I think you are confusing loads (which is confidential BA commercial information) and the number of seats that BA is willing to sell.

BA will oversell if the historic data indicates that there are likely to be no-shows.

F is a bit different as they will want to try to avoid downgrades or bumping people.

The other difference is that all F tickets offer free seat selection - hence you are seeing 5 seats free and (may be) a further first row seat which will show as taken if you are not gold. However, don't forget that F does not just dump you in a seat. When you first go to MMB, it says "seat selection available" and you allocate yourself a seat from there. I am not sure, but I think if you don't choose a seat, you do not appear on the seat map.

I don't know why the systems show different seats for sale, I afraid.
Old Feb 1, 2013, 4:27 pm
DVT

Programs: BA Bronze
I would suggest that one system is ahead of the other and they might actually show the same in a number of hours.
Old Feb 1, 2013, 4:31 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by DVT
I would suggest that one system is ahead of the other and they might actually show the same in a number of hours.
That's what I thought, but was exactly the same yesterday...
Old Feb 1, 2013, 4:33 pm

Programs: BA Gold (OWE), Tesco Blue, TK Elite (*G), Oyster Diamond Jubilee edition
Originally Posted by SpurMan

Becouse one is Point of Sale US and the other one Japan? Just guessing, no idea what represents in this case, but different POS would explain it.

Different market - different demand is expected.
Old Feb 1, 2013, 4:49 pm
KVS
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Arrow

Just looking at the loads for my flight to LAS next Tuesday
More precisely, you are looking at Availability:

http://Help.KVSTool.com/#Q38

, looking to see if any Row 1 seats are available (just to say I have 'done' row 1). Am in 2A, so not a disaster (far from it, though am the 'wrong' side for me in 2A, as I am right handed, so would be nice to bag 1K), but looking on the loads it flags a difference between Sabre:

Code:
TUE  05 Feb 2013

BA         275     LHR   15:40     LAS   18:20     744      F6 A5 ......
and Galileo

Code:
TUE  05 Feb 2013

BA         275     LHR   15:40     LAS   18:20     744  0   F5 A5
Why does it show F6 on Sabre, and F5 on Galileo?.
Originally Posted by haasha
Becouse one is Point of Sale US and the other one Japan? Just guessing, no idea what represents in this case, but different POS would explain it.

Different market - different demand is expected.
That is correct -- the difference in Availability is due to the POS (and is quite normal) -- this is explained at

http://Help.KVSTool.com/#Factors

Originally Posted by FrancisA
I am not sure, but I think if you don't choose a seat, you do not appear on the seat map.
Indeed, just because someone can pre-select a seat, does not mean that they actually will do so:

http://Help.KVSTool.com/#Q2
http://Help.KVSTool.com/#Q3
Old Feb 2, 2013, 5:20 am
Original Poster

Thanks guys, that makes sense. And a dummy booking for 6 on BA shows the flight as available.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.