Ba travellers classes

Old Jan 27, 2018, 1:01 am
Original Poster

Question Ba travellers classes

Hi there
Just want to know if its really worth to travel on Premium economy? We been on a380 from LHR to miami on economy , but this time on same Flight try Premium economy.
And how early should we reserve seats ?
Thanks
Old Jan 27, 2018, 1:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
The ‘worth it’ question is down to you.

as to the seat question if you want specific seats then you’ll have to pay ( unless you have BA gold or Silver status or equivalent when it is free from the time of booking)
Old Jan 27, 2018, 1:14 am
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by UKtravelbear
The ‘worth it’ question is down to you.

as to the seat question if you want specific seats then you’ll have to pay ( unless you have BA gold or Silver status or equivalent when it is free from the time of booking)
... or free for Bronze/oneworld Ruby from 7 days out, or for everyone at check-in.

The OP’s previous posts suggests (s)he might well be travelling in a large group, perhaps 6 people. It is difficult to imagine that there will be that amount of seats left remotely close together in a WTP cabin at check-in, so certainly if statusless then this might be an occasion when paying would be a sensible move.
Old Jan 27, 2018, 2:29 am

Programs: Hilton HHonors, BAEC Silver
Again as already mentioned "worth" is always subjective and greatly differs from person to person, and often determined by personal circumstance.
For the last 5 years I have been lucky enough to travel this route twice a year on average both as a lonesome and with my family; the go to base is always WTP on the A380 service for us. If travelling ex-EU I would try and opt for CW on the return if the price is favourable as I seem to like my sleep these days, but if not I have always found the additional benefits of WTP more than reasonable value considering the vast majority of my travel is self funded.
Old Jan 27, 2018, 4:56 am

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
I value WT+ at about 25 USD per hour of flight (i.e. start with the cost of the cheapest Economy ticket. Add USD $25 per hour of flight. If WT+ costs less than that, it's a bargain.) It almost always costs less than that.

Last edited by CloudCoder; Jan 27, 2018 at 5:02 am
Old Jan 27, 2018, 4:59 am

Programs: BA- blue, BD,DL
The first time I was in WT+ I thought it was amazing. There was so much more legroom and space.
Ultimately it’s down to you if you think the extra cost worth it.
Old Jan 27, 2018, 6:06 am

Programs: Mucci Des Oeufs Brouilles et des Canards
As with paying to travel in any of the premium cabins it's down to opportunity cost. What could you do with the extra money spent moving up cabins?

Some have argued that they'd rather spend the difference on a nicer hotel room that they are going to use for longer. Or a fancy meal that they will be able to enjoy freshly cooked instead of reheated at 32,000 feet!

Others reply they'll sleep better in WT+, CW, First and therefore be more productive when they get to their destination or have less jetlag. Some want the extra room to work.

If I had a choice, I'd do WT as the day flight and WT+ as the overnight flight. I had an early WT+ flight out to MIA as a Ł65 upgrade offer. It was nice, but 8 hours pass fairly quickly. Coming back in WT we were so exhausted from our trip we actually slept with the help of a glass of red wine!

Ultimately it's down to your needs and ability to spend. If you need the extra comfort and want to spend the cash on it, then do it. If you coped fine in WT, then save your cash and splurge elsewhere.
Old Jan 27, 2018, 6:41 am

Programs: Hilton HHonors, BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by dddc
If I had a choice, I'd do WT as the day flight and WT+ as the overnight flight. I had an early WT+ flight out to MIA as a Ł65 upgrade offer.
I totally agree with your general consensus about the topic, and am very envious of your luck with that offer. Whilst I have nearly always booked WTP/CW on this route since my path with C-W-S initially crossed, if I thought this were the norm on the earlier flight I think if I may be tempted to try that.
Old Jan 28, 2018, 1:30 am

Programs: BAEC: Silver. Nothing else as TopCashBack trumps all hotel programs
For me. WT+ quite simple makes all the difference.
It's perfectly comfortable and just a nice sweet spot in my opinion. WT is pretty grim long haul but I love the seats and the smaller cabin size of WT+. I know people won't believe me but I actually prefer it to the coffin seats of CW.
armouredant likes this.
Old Jan 28, 2018, 3:04 am

All a matter of personal preference.

Did Orlando last summer with two in back row of WTP and me and the lad managed to nab the front row of Y both ways which was 2-3-2.
Old Jan 28, 2018, 5:26 am

Unless you can get it at a real steal of a rate (which I normally value at around 70% of the economy cost) then I don't bother with WT+. I mean I barely enjoy Club compared to other airlines. However depending on how much you fly you could look at putting up with economy for a few flights, saving the money you would have spent on WT+ and using it for Club on a future flight. I never really feel a premium economy product is really worth it, but then again, it's better than Y.
Old Feb 11, 2018, 2:18 am
Original Poster

Okay .. thanks for the responds .. We will try WTP this time :-)
Old Feb 11, 2018, 2:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, BA Silver, Accor Silver
I flew HKG-LHR in WT+ last month on the A380. The cabin is a massive 10 rows - not the intimate 3-4 row affair on other planes - and I thought the front pair of seats in Y in the small upper deck cabin looked great for 2 travelling together, especially on a daytime flight. Not sure what the score is with non status pax being able to pay extra to reserve these, though...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.