Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

New lounge catering contract : BaxterStorey replaces Compass - eff 1 May 2013

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 2, 2013, 2:45 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: corporate-wage-slave
This thread gives details of the changeover of catering supplier to British Airways lounges in the UK in April to June 2013. The new supplier is BaxterStorey, taking over from Compass / Restaurant Associates. For details of the current catering arrangements in specific lounges please see below

LHR lounges - terminals 1, 3 and 5:
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR : menus 2013 - T5 only
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2013 - T3 and T5.
Galleries Club lounge LHR: Dining menu and food options 2013 - T3 and T5.
International Lounge Terminal 1 LHR - catering options from May 2013 - T1 international flights. This is due to change to BaxterStorey on 12 June 2013.

For the lounges in Gatwick and UK domestic lounges in Newcastle, Manchester, Edinburgh, Glasgow and Aberdeen:
First Lounge London Gatwick (North terminal): Catering options from April 2013
Galleries Club Lounge Gatwick (North Terminal): Catering options from April 2013
UK Domestic lounges (outside London) - catering arrangments from April 2013

There's various methods to give feedback on the catering changes. These include:
  • The lounge guest book - comments left here are read by BA and BaxterStorey managers on site.
  • Twitter - tweet @British_Airways and @Baxter_Storey your experience at the time.
  • Through BA.com - its useful for BA to hear what you think whether you're a high tier point earner or just an occasional business class traveller.
  • Your recent feedback on catering in our lounges - Note to this forum from BA Executive Club (which says they are monitoring feedback in that thread).
Print Wikipost

New lounge catering contract : BaxterStorey replaces Compass - eff 1 May 2013

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28, 2013, 1:30 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Geek platinum
Originally Posted by Oxon Flyer
so, the big day is nearly here. Wonder who'll be the first to report back from T5 tomorrow ?

I bet after all the anticipation it will be exactly the same as before!
Old Feb 28, 2013, 1:31 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Originally Posted by Joely
I bet after all the anticipation it will be exactly the same as before!
I'm expecting reports of a red carpet, hog roast and caberet.

We shall see.....

Wonder who'll be the first to report back from T5 tomorrow ?

Double points for picture reports, BTW.
Old Feb 28, 2013, 1:41 pm

I'm expecting reports of a red carpet, hog roast and caberet.

We shall see......
I wonder if the horse burger will make a surprise return...
Old Feb 28, 2013, 3:14 pm

Are they taking over the catering at Gatters too?
Old Feb 28, 2013, 3:16 pm

Programs: BA Gold. Kangorucci. NZGE.KLM Gold. VS gold
I hope they haven't TUPEd the gyoza recipe: such a travesty
Old Feb 28, 2013, 4:02 pm

Programs: Skywards
Originally Posted by Dave_C
Are they taking over the catering at Gatters too?
Seems to be most of the UK lounges

http://www.baxterstorey.com/news/bax...rways-contract

The five-year contract will see BaxterStorey providing customer dining for tens of thousands of travellers a year at 14 First Class and Galleries Lounges across the UK, as well as the Concorde Room at London Heathrow’s Terminal 5.
Old Mar 1, 2013, 6:26 am

So anybody been to GC, GF or the CCR today? Any improvement? Any sign of a return of the horse burger?
Old Mar 1, 2013, 6:32 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Anyone want to join me for brunch in T5 GF tomorrow for a life-posting update on the new catering?
Old Mar 1, 2013, 6:41 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, BA Amex PP
I will be in the F lounge tomorrow morning and will see what the breakfast offerings are like, that said I don't really have an informed view of what it was like before as I was Silver up until a short while ago and when I did fly F a couple of times I used the CCR!
Old Mar 1, 2013, 6:58 am

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
Will report back from CCR on Tuesday morning
Old Mar 1, 2013, 6:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA LTG + GGL, SPG LTP, HHonors Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador
I'm in the CCR and it seems to be the same as usual to be honest!

I've chatted to some of the staff I know so some of the same nicest, friendly faces are still here at least ^ I caught the tail end of breakfast and that menu was identical to what I remember from before. Now looking at the lunch menu it seems pretty much the same type of offerings as usual (e.g., wonton soup and lamb shoulder), bar recently noted changes (e.g., the chicken burger).

The familiar fairly minor lapses in the "If I Ran The CCR, Then...(TM)" stakes we all love to discuss are still in evidence. But other than that it's the usual fairly calm, relaxed and rather nice place to be.

One of the staff suggested they didn't expect to see any changes (including a new uniform) until April time.

I'm also in tomorrow but I doubt it'll be any different then either.

Last edited by G-BOAC; Mar 1, 2013 at 7:12 am
Old Mar 1, 2013, 8:08 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
I was also in CCR this morning. The only thing different I noticed was one new face, perhaps a supervisor, wearing a temporary LHR security badge. Food, service, staff and menu all unchanged so far, other than beef still being off the menu.
Old Mar 1, 2013, 11:13 am

Programs: BA Gold, Flying Blue ivory
I'm in the LHR Galleries First at the moment. Looks completely unchanged. Same staff, same menu, and same problems getting served

The only difference is that there now seems to be 'music'. Sounds like some sort of Buddha Bar chill out CD playing.
Old Mar 1, 2013, 12:13 pm

Programs: Demoted to gold, Cats protection
Originally Posted by SpurMan
Sodexho is worse. I am sure people visiting patients in NHS hospitals are admitted 2 hours later with food poisoning!
They used to do our school canteen until there was an outcry from the kiddies, the headmaster let the kids do the whole tendering process and appoint who they liked best and now there arent any more complaints
Old Mar 1, 2013, 1:11 pm

I guess existing stock and the obvious handover process means that there won't be a whole new range of catering initially.

So will probably need to wait a few weeks before you can get caviar, quails eggs and chateau d'yquem in galleries north

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.