Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

seats changed [e-mails advising you've been evicted from your row 64 seat]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

seats changed [e-mails advising you've been evicted from your row 64 seat]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21, 2013, 8:30 am

Programs: BA Exec Silver
Originally Posted by mdj1
Interesting, So if you've been moved you will be entitled to a full refund as you haven't been given the seat of your choice.

Doesn't matter what T&C's BA have, if you have paid to "select" a seat and you didn't get that selection you are entitled to a refund.
interestingly this was my take on it too - we will see what they say to get out of it
Old Jan 21, 2013, 8:43 am

Location: Northumberland (The big bit between Newcastle & Scotland).
Programs: BAEC & VS.
Something seems to be up - I have just received the mail saying I have been moved out of 64K (paid to select it) and I have been put into 64A.

MMB map shows 64K still empty??

I did actually avoid 64A to begin with due to the small chance of being moved due to it being the "cot" seat.

I wonder if their has been a glitch with the computer system seeing as so many folk have today been moved out of upper deck seats.

My flight involved is LAX-LHR early April (no change to the earlier LHR-LAX yet)

BAT 21
Old Jan 21, 2013, 8:45 am

Programs: BA Exec Silver
called BA - agent states they have a 'note' about all of todays seat changes - and the are 'looking into it'
Old Jan 21, 2013, 8:54 am

[My flight involved is LAX-LHR early April (no change to the earlier LHR-LAX yet)

Well I spoke too soon.... Just had another mail saying now moved from 64K to 64A on the outbound LHR to LAX in mid March

What the heck is going on?

Bat 21
Old Jan 21, 2013, 9:22 am

Programs: BAEC, HHonors Gold, Amex
I've also just got notification that I've been moved from 64K to 64A.

Annoying, as I paid the money specifically for that seat (although 64A was the other one I would have considered paying for). I will be interested what information others come up with.

I think we should be due a refund if we don't get the seats we specifically paid for, but I really want to be upstairs and if I ask for a refund then I can see myself ending up on the main deck, so I'm not sure how I will deal with it.

JFK-LHR in early May, by the way.
Old Jan 21, 2013, 9:26 am

This is just getting crazy now....

I had 64A/B/J/K booked (and paid Ł640 for return seat selection) so that my wife, myself and my parents were seated together.

My wife and I (in 64A/B) got shifted earlier today, and now my parents (in 64J/K) just got shifted into my original 64A/B seats!!

What the heck is going on here ???
Old Jan 21, 2013, 9:28 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt 5+ Badge

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Mucci des Salons Ouvrants
Happened to my parents booking today as well - just on the phone to BA now.......... I paid so that they could sit next to each - now they are not and I would not have paid for these seats

aks120
Old Jan 21, 2013, 9:35 am

Aye it's well weird.

I spoke to the exec club and the chap there didn't know why it's happening.

He did say that we should be good for seat booking refunds -but best to do it after flights incase we loose our upper deck seats all together.

It seems to be something to with them not wanting anyone in 64K - to be used as a crew seat maybe?

I still reckon computer glitch though

Bat 21
Old Jan 21, 2013, 10:23 am

Programs: BAEC
Same thing happened to me today as well- LHR to JFK in March moved from 64A/B to 63A/B. As long as we're still UD I'm not too bothered but somewhat bemused
Old Jan 21, 2013, 10:44 am

Originally Posted by KeithJenner
I've also just got notification that I've been moved from 64K to 64A.

Annoying, as I paid the money specifically for that seat (although 64A was the other one I would have considered paying for). I will be interested what information others come up with.

I think we should be due a refund if we don't get the seats we specifically paid for, but I really want to be upstairs and if I ask for a refund then I can see myself ending up on the main deck, so I'm not sure how I will deal with it.

JFK-LHR in early May, by the way.
http://www.britishairways.com/travel...s/public/en_gb

Unfortunately my take would be that they have changed your seats to what they deem a suitable alternative ( in non-flyertalk eyes).
It may be one of those scenarios where you should all keep in contact via PM and request the refund after flying . As they try to fob each one of you off, with varied excuses, you will have collective evidence from other flyers that they moved you for none of the reasons quoted in their blurb.
Hope that makes some semblance of sense
Old Jan 21, 2013, 11:16 am

Programs: CX Green | UA Silver | Marriott Lifetime Platinum | Hyatt Globalist | Hilton Gold | AA EXP
Originally Posted by hydargos
hy,
i've just received this e-mail from Ba customer service:

Dear Sir,
you seats are changed.

For operational reasons we had to change the seats of your booking

We did our best to guarantee you that new seats are like the old ones

thank in advance

BA customer service

anyone can tell me what operational reasons mean?

"like the old ones".... i had 64A 64B; Now we are in the main deck........
At least you got the notification. I was on BA172 two weeks ago - check-in agent at JFK changed my seat (63K to 14B) w/o saying anything (and no one at the check-in counter picked up the phone when the agent the lounge tried to sort it out for me).

Which seats on the main deck? Though UD is better, the front/smaller cabin on the main deck (12-14) isn't that bad ...
Old Jan 21, 2013, 11:37 am

Add me to the list!

Had paid for 64 A and B both ways between Heathrow and Seattle in late march. They moved us to 63 A and B outbound and left us totaly unallocated for the return!

Our original seats were still showing as available but when we tried to re-select them it gave us an error.

does anyone know why this has happened?

Who will be in our seats!

Not amused.
Old Jan 21, 2013, 11:47 am

Programs: Just a lowly Blue ;(
Just remembered that I booked some friends in to 64 j/k fo an LAS flight later in the year and they've been moved to 64 a/b
Old Jan 21, 2013, 11:47 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, MUCCI, Elite Fan of MO, ALL Accor Live Gold
Very weird as I too had email today moving me from 64K to 64A

It doesn't bother me that much as 64A is also a great seat, but when I go into MMB it still shows 64K being available . I didn't try to change it back for fear of losing 64A.

Old Jan 21, 2013, 11:49 am

Programs: Just a lowly Blue ;(
I wonder if YF can shed any light?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.