Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 17, 2013, 11:19 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: KARFA
This thread is archived - there is a Concorde Room (CCR) LHR 2014 menu thread here.

This thread gives the current catering options for the Concorde Room (CCR), which is airside by South Security. This lounge is open to passengers flying BA on a First ticket or Concorde card holders. The catering supplier was changed on 2 May 2013 to BaxterStorey.

The current catering options in the CCR can be found in the first post in the thread, or you can click here. For the JFK CCR, see this post for a recent menu (hat tip: francismc)

Catering options - other LHR lounges
Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2013 - T3 and T5.
Galleries Club lounge LHR: Dining menu and food options 2013 - T3 and T5.
International Lounge Terminal 1 LHR - catering options from May 2013 - T1 international flights

For the First lounge in Gatwick and UK domestic lounges in Newcastle, Manchester, Edinburgh, Glasgow and Aberdeen:
First Lounge London Gatwick (North terminal): Catering options from April 2013 - see post 2 for the text of BA's leaflet on the supplier changeover.
Galleries Club Lounge Gatwick (North Terminal): Catering options from April 2013
UK Domestic lounges (outside London) - catering arrangments from April 2013

For information on the BaxterStorey changeover:
New lounge catering contract : BaxterStorey replaces Compass - eff 1 May 2013
Your recent feedback on catering in our lounges - Note from BA Executive Club.
Print Wikipost

Concorde Room (CCR) LHR : menus 2013

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 2013, 8:03 am

Programs: BA GGL & CCR, *G, HH Diamond, Accor Platinum, Ritz Gold
Day 2 Update

Second day in a row here for lunch, and less shine on the shoe than yesterday.

Positives:

Goat cheese starter tasty and refined.
Chicken main fairly tasty.

Room for Improvement:

Despite a personal greeting from one server who recognised me, the rest are fairly inattentive today, missing simple concepts like clearing finished dishes in a timely manner, and filling empty glasses.

Goat cheese starter good but cold. It was cooked, and should be served warm.

Chicken was tasty but a bit too simple. Just a skinless, boneless breast that looked rather sad.

Fondant potato with chicken was inedible...cooked until dead.

Conclusions:

I still think there is an impovement, but in a lounge where BA goes through the trouble of serving LPGS, the dining experience should be better than what you get at a nice office canteen. With the previous caterer, it was a poor office canteen, but still.
Old May 3, 2013, 8:55 am

Programs: BA Gold, *A Silver
Originally Posted by Yahillwe
If you will be there next friday am, let's have coffee... we might be on the same flight.
I would love to, will PM you when I'm there. MrsMagyaar has a spa treatment booked for 10.20am... We're on BA177 at 13.05 but MrsM wants to get there pretty early
Old May 3, 2013, 9:54 am

Programs: BA Silver
Thanks for the update c-w-s.
I'm also looking forward to trying it out next Friday, sadly I think I'll be too late to meet Yahillwe or magyaar.

Oh, and if this thread is being monitored for suggestions, can I vote for an all-day breakfast option
Old May 3, 2013, 10:07 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by sl1ppy
... Oh, and if this thread is being monitored for suggestions, can I vote for an all-day breakfast option
... and perhaps a spicy option too, noodles/pasta ... especially so now the BKK and SIN flights leave from T5 ^
Old May 4, 2013, 5:53 am

Location: AA Lifetime PLT , BA Silver , BD RIP , HH Gold, SPG / Marriott PLT , EF Subscriber
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
... ... especially so now the BKK and SIN flights leave from T5 ^
Not for me..There's no First Class from 26 Oct to BKK, thankfully I can endure the MH A380 suites via KUL
Old May 4, 2013, 7:07 am

Programs: Mucci (Chevalier de Sagesse), Betty Ford Alumnus, BA Gold, ScaryTeam Elite+
Tomato and basil soup in the CCR today. 'Mushroom's Oorf!'
Old May 4, 2013, 8:11 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Originally Posted by pazza2000
Here for Breakfast in two weeks time. Waffles and Eggs Benedict is what I had my eye on, both seem to be now gone.
Plane Food does Eggs Benedict (as well as the smoked salmon instead of ham version). If you can't find what you want at the CCR there is nothing stopping you from paying to eat elsewhere.
Old May 4, 2013, 9:32 am
G_G
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK E+
Originally Posted by LTN Phobia
If you can't find what you want at the CCR there is nothing stopping you from paying to eat elsewhere.
And even to fly another company @:-)
Old May 5, 2013, 2:19 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Cheeseboard in Concorde Room

The BA Burger

And close up:

Note that though it is described differently from the Flounge burger, it is identical except that it may be served on different style of platter. Personally I think this burger looks and tastes a lot better than the previous version, and has a tastier bun too.

Here is the double slated cheese board from the Concorde Room.

From the front, the cheddar, Stilton and Yarg. This is served with Oliver biscuits, quince jelly and cider and apple chutney. The butter is also a new addition.

Last edited by corporate-wage-slave; May 8, 2013 at 2:39 pm Reason: More photos
Old May 5, 2013, 3:22 pm
Suspended

are the tea sandwiches gone? They said they were "out" at the CCR on the 4th- but now reading this maybe they have been done away with?
Old May 7, 2013, 2:59 am

Location: 15 minutes west of LHR, Stockholm, or somewhere inbetween.
Programs: BAEC Gold GGL, CCR, GfL, Mucci des Recherches des Consommations Exotiques.
Originally Posted by elitetraveler
are the tea sandwiches gone? They said they were "out" at the CCR on the 4th- but now reading this maybe they have been done away with?
I did see a fellow PAX with a plate of sandwiches in the CCR yesterday, so I think they're still on.

bjorns
Old May 7, 2013, 3:36 am

Hate to be pedantic but thought I'd point out a typo in the OP:

Caesar salad with Britsh chicken breast
Old May 7, 2013, 3:59 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by elitetraveler
Originally Posted by bjorns
I did see a fellow PAX with a plate of sandwiches in the CCR yesterday, so I think they're still on.

bjorns
The sandwiches are still on, plus the hot sandwiches from Flounge are also available, I will update the first post with details in due course.
Old May 7, 2013, 4:01 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by 0hnoes
Hate to be pedantic but thought I'd point out a typo in the OP:
No problem, thanks for pointing it out, duly corrected.
Old May 9, 2013, 4:31 pm

Programs: VS FC Gold, BA EC Gold, Amex Centurion, EK Gold, ex-G-ATVK driver
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
... and perhaps a spicy option too, noodles/pasta ... especially so now the BKK and SIN flights leave from T5 ^
Tobias, please be careful when posting, BKK flights at least are still T3, I just had a panic about my BA9 tomorrow where I've organised valet parking etc., had to recheck everything.

Cheers, Howard

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.