Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2013

Old May 17, 2013, 11:13 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: KARFA
This thread is archived - there is a Galleries First (Flounge) LHR 2014 menu thread here.

This thread gives the current catering options for the Galleries First Lounge (Flounge) in LHR terminals 3 and 5. This lounge is open to BAEC Gold and oneworld Emerald card holders. Passengers flying BA on a First ticket can also use the Concorde Room. The catering supplier was changed on 2 May 2013 to BaxterStorey.

The current catering options in the First lounge can be found in the first post in the thread, or you can click here. For photos: click here.

Catering options - other LHR lounges
Concorde Room (CCR) LHR : menus 2013 - T5 only
Galleries Club lounge LHR: Dining menu and food options 2013 - T3 and T5.
International Lounge Terminal 1 LHR - catering options from May 2013 - T1 international flights

For the lounges in Gatwick and UK domestic lounges in Newcastle, Manchester, Edinburgh, Glasgow and Aberdeen:
First Lounge London Gatwick (North terminal): Catering options from April 2013 - see post 2 for the text of BA's leaflet on the supplier changeover.
Galleries Club Lounge Gatwick (North Terminal): Catering options from April 2013
UK Domestic lounges (outside London) - catering arrangments from April 2013

For information on the BaxterStorey changeover:
New lounge catering contract : BaxterStorey replaces Compass - eff 1 May 2013
Your recent feedback on catering in our lounges - Note from BA Executive Club.
Print Wikipost

Galleries First (Flounge) LHR: Dining menu and food options 2013

Old May 14, 2013, 6:04 am

Programs: BA Gold IHG Ambassador Spire Shangri La Diamond
Best of British or Best of British incompetence?

Sadly the lounge is depressing to a point of being an embarrassment, I am travelling with an overseas client shortly and I think given what I have seen these past few weeks I will entertain them elsewhere, perhaps at the Caviar and Champagne Bar downstairs - of course this maybe is BAs grand cost cutting plan, that I do not guest in my travelling companion

I like the idea of postit notes, just go around sticking them
Messages like

*where is my cake
* where are my crisps

and certainly a "Danger Norovirus Risk" at any of the dip in jars

T5 Galleries First should be a flagship lounge, sadly the flag has fallen so far down the mast, its not even a death we are now having to remember, its a national "disaster "
Old May 14, 2013, 6:29 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by apacuk
I've just hopped to the B Gate lounge.

Interestingly there is a more comprehensive selection here than in the F Lounge.

Same gloop as in the F Lounge, plus
Chilli Con Carne (edible)
Baked Beans

Salad Bar has more bowls than F Lounge plus some sort of quiche.

There's also two soups - I didn't notice any soup in the F Lounge.

Again, if I could work out how to upload pictures I would.

Conclusion: there's a larger selction of food available in Galleries B than in the F Lounge. Which is clearly bizarre.

Andrew
Please don't highlight this because you know what will inevitably follow - the enhancement of the B lounge to ensure that the Flounge remains 'better'...
Old May 14, 2013, 6:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Could I suggest that describing this as an national disaster or insult to all British cooking might be going a touch over the top?
Old May 14, 2013, 6:58 am

Programs: Lots, some no/low status some high status, can't be bothered to list them :-)
Originally Posted by Swanhunter
Could I suggest that describing this as an national disaster or insult to all British cooking might be going a touch over the top?
I'm sure it was tongue in cheek but it made me laugh.
Old May 14, 2013, 7:08 am

Programs: BA Gold IHG Ambassador Spire Shangri La Diamond
Originally Posted by Private Pyle
I'm sure it was tongue in cheek but it made me laugh.
Indeed, the use of quotes was the clue, however there is a serious point, if you cannot showcase the best of British here, what hope is there BA?
Old May 14, 2013, 9:05 am

Programs: BA Gold, Flying Blue ivory
We now have 17 pages of comments on BA's flagship lounge, most of them negative.

I would have expected BA to make a comment on the situation by now. One of the main reasons I switched from KLM to BA was because the BA lounge is better than the T4 Skyteam lounge. I POUG some tickets, just to keep my gold card for the Flounge.

It really is that important to us!

BA: If you're listening, could you let us know what's going to happen ?
Old May 14, 2013, 9:13 am
Suspended

What happened to the walkers shortbread and fruitcake? Also the weight watchers cookies and chocolate muffins?
Old May 14, 2013, 9:17 am

Programs: BAEC Gold; Priority Club Gold
Unhappy

Having been loyal to BA for many years, this debacle caused me to try Emirates for a flight to Hong Kong. I am now in the EK J lounge at HKG - the food is a revelation, even in this out-station. It knocks the slop in the F lounge into a cocked hat. And the J lounge in the A concourse at DXB is simply extraordinary.

Given the superiority of the Emirates J class seat on the A388 over that of CW (and the better service, catering, AVOD, wines), I am now struggling to see why I should continue to fly BA. The F lounge used to be the reason I wanted to keep my Gold Card; now I can't see the point and will probably allow it to lapse.

BA have botched previous "enhancements", but they have set a completely new level this time. I am flying back to Hong Kong in J on Monday. It will not be with BA.
Old May 14, 2013, 9:24 am

Programs: MUCCI, BA LTG/GGL/CCR, AF PLAT, ETHIHAD AND LH USELESS PLASTIC
This is just a farce. Nobody has anything good to say about the changes.

Based on my own terrible experiences I have written to Keith Williams and Frank van der Post.

I am amazed and saddened that no BA representative has had the guts to respond in order to explain what has happened

The internet is the first place people go to find reviews... and this board may not be classed as social media (with the importance attributed to the same by Henkybaby) but BA would be foolish to underestimate its importance.
Old May 14, 2013, 9:28 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by correctioncx
What happened to the walkers shortbread and fruitcake? Also the weight watchers cookies and chocolate muffins?
Walkers shortbread has been replaced with Island Organics' version. Personally I think it's a lot tastier, but you'll have seen the hygiene concerns ad, er, nauseum. Personally it doesn't bother me much, and there are tongs provided, but I'm a minority of one it appears. Fruitcake is now served approx 14hrs to 17hrs as a fruit loaf. Vastly tastier. That is served from a sandwich box or large plate, and with tongs again. Weight watchers cookies have gone - always was a bit silly really in my opinion, but goodness were they much pilfered. One gentleman filled a medium sized shopping bag every other Monday morning with them, I wonder how he is coping, but they obviously didn't work. Muffins of various flavours generally appear at breakfast and sometimes in the afternoon.
Old May 14, 2013, 9:29 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Walkers shortbread has been replaced with Island Organics' version. Personally I think it's a lot tastier, but you'll have seen the hygiene concerns ad, er, nauseum. Personally it doesn't bother me much, and there are tongs provided, but I'm a minority of one it appears. Fruitcake is now served approx 14hrs to 16hrs as a fruit loaf. Vastly tastier. That is served from a sandwich box or large plate, and with tongs again. Weight watchers cookies have gone - always was a bit silly really in my opinion, but goodness were they much pilfered. One gentleman filled a medium sized shopping bag every other Monday morning with them, I wonder how he is coping. Muffins of various flavours generally appear at breakfast and sometimes in the afternoon.
So nothing to take away to enjoy on the flight anymore? I love those super sweet walker fruitcake
Old May 14, 2013, 9:31 am

Programs: Sir CT-UK - Streaker pour les autres.
Originally Posted by correctioncx
The have gone

The kids will be most upset when they next past through. Thank got the ice cream is still there
Old May 14, 2013, 9:31 am

Originally Posted by dera
Ok so, in the interest of science, I took one for the team and ate everything on the main menu and on the buffet apart from the sandwiches.
Never been to GF, how many items are on the main? 10 or so?
Old May 14, 2013, 9:35 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Polomarc
Never been to GF, how many items are on the main? 10 or so?
See post one, but six main meal options and 3 dessert options.
Old May 14, 2013, 9:40 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by CT-UK
The have gone

The kids will be most upset when they next past through. Thank got the ice cream is still there
The ice cream drawer is in galleries club? Not first?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.