Search

BA Seating Policy Guide

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13, 2019, 7:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by KARFA
Originally Posted by billgrates3
I booked a trip on the BA website, SFO-LHR-ACC r/t, and the site did not charge me for any of the 4 seat assignments. In theory, I should have been charged for the row 62 seat on the upper deck. I was a bit surprised, but happy.
I think only 62A and K are deemed exit row seats. If you are in the two aisle seats 62B or J then these are not exit row seats.
On long-haul, it doesn't matter whether or not they're exit row seats. A oneworld Sapphire gets free seat pre-allocation from the time of booking, including any of the row 62 seats.
Old Apr 13, 2019, 9:14 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Globaliser
On long-haul, it doesn't matter whether or not they're exit row seats. A oneworld Sapphire gets free seat pre-allocation from the time of booking, including any of the row 62 seats.
i thought on long haul a sapphire can’t select exit row seats?

EDIT: post 3 seems to confirm this
Old Apr 13, 2019, 9:40 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Honors Diamond

i thought on long haul a sapphire can’t select exit row seats?

EDIT: post 3 seems to confirm this
I was able to select 62A as Silver for free last year, however I wasn't able to select an exit seat for free in long haul Y on a different flight.
Old Apr 13, 2019, 9:51 am

Originally Posted by S_W_S
I was able to select 62A as Silver for free last year, however I wasn't able to select an exit seat for free in long haul Y on a different flight.
ah. Maybe it’s just WT and WTP then?
Old Apr 13, 2019, 10:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Maybe it’s just WT and WTP then?
I have to say that I thought it was Y only, but it could include WT+.
Old Apr 13, 2019, 1:44 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Long haul Y or WT + Silvers cant pre book free exit seats. CW no issues. That's my experiences as a silver previously for a few years.
KARFA likes this.
Old Apr 13, 2019, 2:26 pm

Originally Posted by PETER01
Long haul Y or WT + Silvers cant pre book free exit seats. CW no issues. That's my experiences as a silver previously for a few years.
that was my experience as a silver too (admittedly a while ago)
Old Apr 13, 2019, 3:23 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold / Marriott Platinum

that was my experience as a silver too (admittedly a while ago)
It's true. Us poor silvers can't reserve them. Can any of you golds spare any change?
Old Apr 20, 2019, 1:43 am

Does anybody know if it is possible to get emergency exit row seats at airport check in, on a short haul flight for free if no one took them?

No status.
Old Apr 20, 2019, 2:30 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond *, IHG, Couples Romance Rewards
Originally Posted by let_BAegones_be
Does anybody know if it is possible to get emergency exit row seats at airport check in, on a short haul flight for free if no one took them?

No status.
I would suspect it would depend on whether 'theoretical seating' (ie the seat had a gold FF next to an empty seat) had blocked them. online check in might not make them available but I imagine airport check in could unblock them for a good reason (e.g. you were over 6' 3" tall)
Old Apr 20, 2019, 3:24 am

Originally Posted by firstlight
I would suspect it would depend on whether 'theoretical seating' (ie the seat had a gold FF next to an empty seat) had blocked them. online check in might not make them available but I imagine airport check in could unblock them for a good reason (e.g. you were over 6' 3" tall)
They aren’t blocked. I don’t think they are ever blocked. (?)
Available to purchase for Ł26. My question is whether you can get them for free at airport check in.
Old Apr 20, 2019, 6:29 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by let_BAegones_be
They aren’t blocked. I don’t think they are ever blocked. (?)
Available to purchase for Ł26. My question is whether you can get them for free at airport check in.
Yes, they can become available free of charge at the airport. But if a Gold or Silver takes a seat there beforehand, and the flight isn't too full, then yes Theoretical Seating can block you from getting access to these seats. TS will filter what seats that are made available to you, and for those without status it could be a fairly limited choice. At T-72 you should get a view of how things are running.
Old Apr 20, 2019, 8:02 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Yes, they can become available free of charge at the airport. But if a Gold or Silver takes a seat there beforehand, and the flight isn't too full, then yes Theoretical Seating can block you from getting access to these seats. TS will filter what seats that are made available to you, and for those without status it could be a fairly limited choice. At T-72 you should get a view of how things are running.
Thanks CWS! Its a fairly empty flight and all exit row seats are still available to choose for a fee. (T-6)
Based on your answer I hope to pick one of those at the airport.

Old Apr 20, 2019, 1:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Just wondering, for those Club Europe seats blocked for Gold members ( row 1 ); when do they open for Silver members, when I was Bronze I was able to reserve a 'row 1 seat' 3 days before my flight. I am currently assigned to a 29.5" seat in Club Europe onboard an A320neo. Seat 1A and 1C are already selected by Gold's so they are occupied but seat 1D and 1F still seams to be blocked. I have created a seat alert at expertflyer but I don't know it would just inform me when the seat is available for selection.
Old Apr 20, 2019, 3:01 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
Just wondering, for those Club Europe seats blocked for Gold members ( row 1 ); when do they open for Silver members, when I was Bronze I was able to reserve a 'row 1 seat' 3 days before my flight. I am currently assigned to a 29.5" seat in Club Europe onboard an A320neo. Seat 1A and 1C are already selected by Gold's so they are occupied but seat 1D and 1F still seams to be blocked. I have created a seat alert at expertflyer but I don't know it would just inform me when the seat is available for selection.
Depends on loads, so it is possible to be before T-72 hours on a full service. But otherwise it will be between 72 and 24 hours (OLCI).
ISTFlyer likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.