BA Seating Policy Guide

Hide Wikipost
Old Jan 6, 21, 7:38 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: Prospero
Wiki Link
Print Wikipost

Old Jan 8, 20, 4:22 pm

Originally Posted by plunet View Post
at least not on a mobile browser
On mobile or in app (which is just the web site in disguise...), you should have a "Key" button above the seat map with this information as well.
Old Apr 18, 20, 9:38 pm

Programs: Free Agent
I am planning travel way in advance for two elderly who do not have mobility issues but will need to be seated together in CW, will BA accommodate free seat selection?
Old Apr 18, 20, 11:49 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton, IHG, Couples Romance Rewards
Originally Posted by miamiflyer8 View Post
I am planning travel way in advance for two elderly who do not have mobility issues but will need to be seated together in CW, will BA accommodate free seat selection?
Well you can ask but the general consensus is no, not without paying unless one of them has elite status(bronze or better). However the middle seat pairs are next to each other and generally underused so you will probably be able to get these at online check-in.
Old Apr 19, 20, 9:22 am

free seating is available for certain health/mobility issues if you caĺl in
Old Apr 19, 20, 9:50 am

Originally Posted by firstlight View Post
Well you can ask but the general consensus is no, not without paying unless one of them has elite status(bronze or better). However the middle seat pairs are next to each other and generally underused so you will probably be able to get these at online check-in.
Sadly they are only AY+ Basic so I'll try the options you guys suggested.

What exactly are "middle seat pairs?" . I am not a regular here at the BA forum so not too familiar with your terminology
Looking at the seat map it means to be either B and D or D and F?

https://seatguru.com/airlines/Britis...eing_787-9.php

Originally Posted by Hawk777 View Post
free seating is available for certain health/mobility issues if you caĺl in
Will do, good suggestion. Thanks!
Old Apr 21, 20, 1:08 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton, IHG, Couples Romance Rewards
Sadly they are only AY+ Basic so I'll try the options you guys suggested.

What exactly are "middle seat pairs?" . I am not a regular here at the BA forum so not too familiar with your terminology
Looking at the seat map it means to be either B and D or D and F?

https://seatguru.com/airlines/Britis...eing_787-9.php

Will do, good suggestion. Thanks!
Depends on the plane configuration, I apologise from your handle I assumed it was a Miami / London flight and quite often that is a 747 (different circumstances now). In that case clubworld has 8 across and the middle seats are E and F. Window seats A and K. Aisle seats are B,D, G and J. If your flying configuration is a 787 then the above map applies and I would guess middle seat and one of the aisle seats next to it will be less popular than a window / aisle pair. Seatguru can give you the exact plane configuration for your flight in normal times, at the moment I expect plane configurations to change a lot so it may not be entirely accurate.
Old Apr 21, 20, 2:06 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
. Seatguru can give you the exact plane configuration for your flight in normal times, at the moment I expect plane configurations to change a lot so it may not be entirely accurate.
thebasource.com is more accurate (massively so in fact) compared to seatguru. The latter is currently showing a cabin layout for aircraft which were scrapped 2 years ago, in a seating configuration removed 6 years ago. It's an advertising sink site.
Old Apr 21, 20, 1:13 pm

Depends on the plane configuration, I apologise from your handle I assumed it was a Miami / London flight and quite often that is a 747 (different circumstances now). In that case clubworld has 8 across and the middle seats are E and F. Window seats A and K. Aisle seats are B,D, G and J. If your flying configuration is a 787 then the above map applies and I would guess middle seat and one of the aisle seats next to it will be less popular than a window / aisle pair. Seatguru can give you the exact plane configuration for your flight in normal times, at the moment I expect plane configurations to change a lot so it may not be entirely accurate.
You are not the first to assume the destination is Miami here in FT, once even had an AA agent assume it.

The flight in question is LHR-ATL in December, so I hope we get the 787-10 or 359.

Thanks for your help!
Old Jul 8, 20, 5:52 am

Seat selection with holiday bookings

Hi everyone. Really hoping this will make be a simple question, but I have searched the forums and wider internet and I canít seem to find an answer.

I have just received my first gold card. Iím looking to book a flight & car hire package through ba holidays - with some BA and some AA flights.

I realise that I should be able to select my seats for free at the time of booking, but during the Ďholidaysí booking g process (at least up to payment) seat selection is not an option.

Is there a way to do this? Or will it be a case of going straight to manage my booking once I have paid?

many thanks all,

Chris
Old Jul 8, 20, 5:13 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Chrisnichols View Post
Hi everyone. Really hoping this will make be a simple question, but I have searched the forums and wider internet and I canít seem to find an answer.

I have just received my first gold card. Iím looking to book a flight & car hire package through ba holidays - with some BA and some AA flights.

I realise that I should be able to select my seats for free at the time of booking, but during the Ďholidaysí booking g process (at least up to payment) seat selection is not an option.

Is there a way to do this? Or will it be a case of going straight to manage my booking once I have paid?

many thanks all,

Chris
From memory I've never seen a seat selection screen before finishing the booking as a GCH. Once booking is complete and you have your PNR just log into MMB and the seat plans will be available. It will transfer you to AA for seats on their services, this will also show your AA PNR (or record locator in their parlance). One thing to note is if you have only just attained status it can take a while for it to register on AA's systems. To my knowledge if you've reached Gold after previously being Silver you will have access to the same seating choices.
Old Jul 9, 20, 12:07 am

Excellent, thank you!
Old Jul 15, 20, 1:14 pm

Programs: BA Executive Club (Silver), Le Club Accor (Silver)
Hi all, quick question, as a lowly Bronze, if I want to nab a specific seat on a flight departing on a Friday at 10am, from when exactly can I do so for free? Is it the previous Friday at 10am or just after midnight when the previous Friday commences? Cheers!
Old Jul 15, 20, 1:16 pm

Programs: BA, Hilton
Originally Posted by kingstontoon View Post
Hi all, quick question, as a lowly Bronze, if I want to nab a specific seat on a flight departing on a Friday at 10am, from when exactly can I do so for free? Is it the previous Friday at 10am or just after midnight when the previous Friday commences? Cheers!
10am, it is based on flight time rather than just day.

​​​
kingstontoon likes this.
Old Jul 15, 20, 1:27 pm

Programs: BA Executive Club (Silver), Le Club Accor (Silver)
Originally Posted by BertieBadger View Post
10am, it is based on flight time rather than just day.

​​​
Great, thank you. I scrolled back a few years but couldn't see that specific question.
BertieBadger likes this.
Old Jul 15, 20, 1:35 pm

Programs: BA, Hilton
Originally Posted by kingstontoon View Post
Great, thank you. I scrolled back a few years but couldn't see that specific question.
The info is scattered about a bit, I just knew it because I'd wondered about it before Just for reference, here is an older post by the esteemed Globaliser confirming it to me (the thread also confirms that selection became available at the expected time)

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/30328989-post22.html
kingstontoon likes this.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: