QF/BA SIN lounge - Things are Changing!

Old Apr 10, 2013, 5:11 am

Originally Posted by themapelligroup
Is the restaurant and cocktail bar only available for QF platinum (OW emerald) or for all lounge users?
Everyone! They have table service as well.
edit: Quality of the food is amazing. I hope they can keep up the level after the "honeymoon period".... Lot's of aussie staff around btw.

I'm not too keen on the dining tables - reminds me of everyone sitting down for school dinner. Would have preferred seperate tables, like in the SYD F lounge.
They have also separate tables for diners (like in the school I went to...

But this definitely is no F lounge. For example only JW Black, no blue. =)

Last edited by tentativetraveller; Apr 10, 2013 at 5:29 am
Old Apr 10, 2013, 5:14 am

Originally Posted by BA-Flyer
Now that the QF lounge has opened, BA can close theirs for a refresh. It would not have been practical for both airlines to close their lounge at the same time.
The lounge is now (7.15pm) kinda full. I would guess 4/5 of capacity. And until tomorrow it is only open for business/first/ow status travellers that travel on Qantas operated flights.

Last edited by tentativetraveller; Apr 10, 2013 at 5:28 am
Old Apr 10, 2013, 5:40 am
uk1
Suspended

Now that the QF lounge has opened, BA can close theirs for a refresh. It would not have been practical for both airlines to close their lounge at the same time.
But hasn't it just been reopened a few weeks ago and won't it always be a mixed lounge ie no F lounge for BA pax?

The new QF lounge looks better than the Sydney one which has gone downhill a bit over the last few years imho.
Old Apr 10, 2013, 6:50 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by uk1
But hasn't it just been reopened a few weeks ago and won't it always be a mixed lounge ie no F lounge for BA pax?

The new QF lounge looks better than the Sydney one which has gone downhill a bit over the last few years imho.
If I understand correctly, what always used to be the joint First lounge remained open thoughout the refurbishment of what is now the Qantas Singapore lounge. Depsite now being re-branded as the BA lounge, nothing else has changed.

Rumour is that later in the year BA will refurb their lounge to bring it in line with the Galleries brand.
Old Apr 10, 2013, 7:27 am

Programs: BAEC Blue
If I understand correctly, what always used to be the joint First lounge remained open thoughout the refurbishment of what is now the Qantas Singapore lounge. Depsite now being re-branded as the BA lounge, nothing else has changed.

Rumour is that later in the year BA will refurb their lounge to bring it in line with the Galleries brand.
I hope so. I've got a 241 booking in Jan to SYD and ba.com forced me to book the outbound as 2 sectors so I have 2.5 hours to spend in SIN, I'd rather this was spent in a nice new lounge. There's always the new QF if not although it sounds like it's going to be pretty full from the reports already.
Old Apr 10, 2013, 8:49 am

Programs: BA Gold, Geek platinum
Which means it will still be miles worse that the QF lounge (at least judging by the pics). At least I know which way to head when I travel through SIN in a couple of weeks.
Old Apr 10, 2013, 10:00 am

Programs: BA Gold, TK Elite, AZ CFP
I will be in SIN in June before heading to SYD, I will get to the airport early to try this new (apparently) fantastic lounge
Old Apr 10, 2013, 6:47 pm

Originally Posted by duncas
I hope so. I've got a 241 booking in Jan to SYD and ba.com forced me to book the outbound as 2 sectors so I have 2.5 hours to spend in SIN, I'd rather this was spent in a nice new lounge. There's always the new QF if not although it sounds like it's going to be pretty full from the reports already.
SIN airport is one of the best for spending time as a transit passenger. There is a swimming pool, butterfly garden, cinema and plenty of shops and places to eat.
Old Apr 11, 2013, 12:39 am
Suspended

And here's the official announcement.
Old Apr 11, 2013, 5:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Confirmed that BA will be closing the existing lounge in September for a Galleries makeover. No mention of a separate First section though.
Old Apr 11, 2013, 5:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: QF P1 (OWE) LTG (OWS)
Originally Posted by Genius1
Confirmed that BA will be closing the existing lounge in September for a Galleries makeover. No mention of a separate First section though.
Was just reading the same thing here http://www.ausbt.com.au/ba-to-open-n...n=home-flipper

Click on the full report link to see the full article & photos of the QF lounge.

*thanks to moa999 over on AFF
Old Apr 11, 2013, 6:35 am
uk1
Suspended

So where will BA F pax go between closure of the existing and September?
Old Apr 11, 2013, 6:38 am

Originally Posted by uk1
So where will BA F pax go between closure of the existing and September?
Wouldn't they just use OneWorld rights to access the QF lounge?
Old Apr 11, 2013, 7:50 am

20 shower suites in the QF lounge sounds like an improvement, although priority is given to Chairman's Lounge and Platinum One members.
Old Apr 11, 2013, 8:11 am

Programs: QF Plat./OW Emerald + Life Gold, IC Plat. Royal Ambassador, etc.
Originally Posted by tentativetraveller
.... Lot's of aussie staff around btw.
QF flew out a small team of their Flounge managers etc from SYD, who spent weeks in SIN setting up the place and training the staff etc, with the intent of it being able to quickly replicate the quite-rightly acclaimed SYD and MEL Flounges. (Whether that standard is maintained, as you say, will remain to be seen). Plus, depending when you were there, others of the Aussie staff may have been there for the grand opening etc.

Look forward to seeing the place myself in due course, looks like a genuine upgrade has happened... first piece of positive news from QF in a while!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.