Wiki Posts
Search

QF/BA SIN lounge - Things are Changing!

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2013, 1:38 am
uk1
Suspended

Originally Posted by Genius1
The former First lounge is now the temporary Business lounge whilst the former Business lounge is refurbished and expanded.

The current First lounge is the Emirates lounge for QF pax (not BA, I think).
You're right. Evidently what was the F lounge until last May then became the business lounge and as you know it all changed a few days ago.

A few moments after I posted yesterday the lounge became pretty dire and we left to get a bit of peace and quiet outside. The current arrangements for F pax at SIN is disgraceful not enhanced by a BA12 last night having a bed that didn't work, no IFE, no power sockets, no lights etc, (all the K seats) and apart from one CC they were pretty unenthusastic. The CSD came and looked at my chair - didn't say a word to me or my wife, didn't introduce himself or apologise on behalf of BA. Horrible experience added to the bizzare T3 food experience on the way out. Not really a worthwhile product based on our experience.
Old Feb 10, 2013, 5:00 am

Programs: BA Gold
Does anybody know if the situation has changed for BA F Pax at Singapore?
The QF forum and the QF website have plenty of nice details of alternative lounge arrangements for their First customers (i.e. the Emirates lounge), so surely BA aren't putting F Pax in the Business lounge still, given its overcrowding?
Incidentally the BA website is still insisting both the Biz & First lounges are open...

Last edited by ChemicalWoody; Feb 10, 2013 at 5:01 am Reason: Typo!
Old Feb 10, 2013, 5:05 am

Programs: BA Gold IHG Ambassador Spire Shangri La Diamond
We are there right now. Business and first are sharing the same lounge, emirates was only available if your flight was qf first (ours is business with gold cards)
Lounge is crowded and the food offering v poor considering - lucky we were not planning to eat. Oh and showers not fully operational, they have problems with the water heater so it's lukewarm only
Old Feb 10, 2013, 5:25 am

Originally Posted by thegreatmrsj
We are there right now. Business and first are sharing the same lounge, emirates was only available if your flight was qf first (ours is business with gold cards)
Lounge is crowded and the food offering v poor considering - lucky we were not planning to eat. Oh and showers not fully operational, they have problems with the water heater so it's lukewarm only
That's pretty common with those showers, happens all the time...
Old Feb 24, 2013, 2:56 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Mucci Champion des Champions, BAG4L, *A Gold, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz Gold, Avis President
Thumbs down

We were there on Friday. It was absolutely full without even a single spare place to sit. We stood around until someone left. Went to get SWMBO some champagne but the bottle was empty. Wandered to the other bar - same story. The two ladies who were trying to keep everything topped up didn't have a chance.

Hardly a F experience.
Old Mar 9, 2013, 3:53 am

Programs: BAEC Gold for Life
Lounge Choice at Singapore for BAEC Gold

I am travelling through Singapore (to and from Australia) next week, whilst the First lounge is closed for refurbishment. As a BAEC Gold, I think I have the choice of the Emirates lounge, the BA/Qantas Business lounge or the SATS Premier lounge. Has anyone got experience of these and suggest the best option (I try to take a shower between the LHR/SIN and SIN/SYD sectors as it relaxes me for the next sector!). Thanks
Old Mar 9, 2013, 3:58 am

I'm curious about the Emirates lounge access... why do you think that's an option?
Old Mar 9, 2013, 4:12 am

Programs: ABBA
Because qantas f pax get to use the EK lounge, and the op mistakingly believes he has access based on his access to qantas f lounges when flying oneworld.
Old Mar 9, 2013, 4:16 am

Aaahh - yes, now I see the connection.

Anyone know how long the lounge will be closed for refurb? I'm going through SIN in April.
Old Mar 9, 2013, 4:20 am

Programs: ; BAEC Silver; Qantas FF Gold; Hertz Gold, Accor A-Club Gold
Originally Posted by JSM8
I am travelling through Singapore (to and from Australia) next week, whilst the First lounge is closed for refurbishment. As a BAEC Gold, I think I have the choice of the Emirates lounge, the BA/Qantas Business lounge or the SATS Premier lounge. Has anyone got experience of these and suggest the best option (I try to take a shower between the LHR/SIN and SIN/SYD sectors as it relaxes me for the next sector!). Thanks
I was there on Saturday. No choice you must go to the BA-QF business lounge. Showers are good but lounge is absolutely jammed. Food is pretty poor. Emirates is only open to QF members, not oneworld
Old Mar 9, 2013, 4:32 am

So I dont have the option of the Emirates lounge (I was reading the blurb on the QF website for where to go until the new lounges open.....
Old Mar 9, 2013, 4:35 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by jdbelfast
I was there on Saturday. No choice you must go to the BA-QF business lounge. Showers are good but lounge is absolutely jammed. Food is pretty poor. Emirates is only open to QF members, not oneworld
As a BAEC Silver / Gold you also have access to Cathay's Skyview lounge. I did this when visiting a couple of weeks back without issue.
Old Mar 9, 2013, 4:38 am

Sounds like Cathay might be a better option that an overcrowded unrefurbished BA business lounge
Old Mar 9, 2013, 4:40 am

Originally Posted by JSM8
So I dont have the option of the Emirates lounge (I was reading the blurb on the QF website for where to go until the new lounges open.....
Are you flying QF?
Old Mar 9, 2013, 4:46 am

Flying BA to Syd but QF back from MEL, both through SIN. J class both ways unless the upgrade stars are in alignment!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.