Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 6, 2013, 5:41 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: LDNConsultant
This is a community-maintained wiki post. Please add important information to it or correct outdated information by clicking the "Edit" button below!

Lucrative runs that have been reported under £3/TP - current availability not guaranteed
Route | Booking class | Fare | Booking channel | TPs | £/TP | credit

American Airlines

SFO-LAX-MIA-CUN | A/A/I | £498 return | aa.com | 620 TPs | £0.80/TP | chris1979
ORD-STL-DFW-SJU | A/A/I | £458 return | aa.com | 520 TPs | £0.88/TP | timezonehopper
SFO-LAX-MIA-CUN-MIA-LAX-LAS | A/A/I/I/A/A | £581 round trip | aa.com | 620 TPs | £0.94/TP | courtster
AMS-LHR-LAX-SFO-JFK-LHR-AMS | I/I/A/A/I/I | £1641 round trip | aa.com | 630 TPs | £2.60/TP | mccorry
IST-LHR/LCY-JFK-EZE-MIA-LHR-IST | I/I/I/I/I/I | £2106 round trip | aa.com | 790TPs | £2.61/TP | nth_utsera_sth_utsera
45 day advance purchase required, minimum stay 7 days.

British Airways
LGW-MLA | R | £248 return | ba.com | 160 TPs | £1.55/TP | LDNConsultant
LGW-RAK | R | £280 return | ba.com | 160 TPs | £1.75/TP | mfgr
Book by 31/12/13 for this price.
JER-LGW-AMS | J/R | £259 return | ba.com | 160 TPs | £1.62/TP | joejet
LGW-JER | R | £181 return | ba.com | 80 TPs | £2.26/TP
LGW-AMS | R | £199 return | ba.com | 80 TPs | £2.49/TP
BRU-LHR//LCY-JFK-SEA (last bit on AA) and back | I/I/A | £1,529 return | probably have to phone up | 920 TPs | £1.66/TP | stifle
Outbound 12/4-27/4 or 25/6-24/8, min stay Sat night, ticket by 2/1/14

Royal Jordanian
BEY-AMM-AQJ | D | £255 return | rj.com | 160 TPs | £1.59/TP | DeanB

Malaysia Airlines
SIN-KUL-KCH | D | S$660 return | malaysiaairlines.com | 160 TPs | £2.12/TP |HPN-HRL
DEL-KUL-BKK | Z | INR41,666 return |malaysiaairlines.com | 360TPs| £1.15/TP| Seshy
DEL-KUL-NRT | Z | INR92,395 return |malaysiaairlines.com | 560TPs| £1.64/TP| Seshy
ICN-KUL-SYD/MEL | Z | KRW1,582,600 return |malaysiaairlines.com | 560TPs| £1.65/TP| armagebedar
SIN-KUL-DXB | Z | S$1084 return | malaysiaairlines.com | 360 TPs | £1.50/TP | qasr (+long haul equipment on KUL-DXB)
SIN-KUL-TPE | Z | S$1078 return | malaysiaairlines.com | 360 TPs | £1.49/TP | qasr
SIN-KUL-DEL | Z | S$1018 return | malaysiaairlines.com | 360 TPs | £1.41/TP | qasr
SIN-KUL-KTM | Z | S$1006 return | malaysiaairlines.com | 360 TPs | £1.39/TP | qasr

Qatar Airways
CAI-DOH-BKK | £759 return | D/D/D/A | 360 TPs | £2.10/TP ExpatSomchai
DME-DOH-SGN | I | £1255 return | qatarairways.com | 560 TPs | £2.25/TP |continentalclub
Print Wikipost

BA Tier Point runs | 2013 master thread

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28, 2013, 1:39 pm

Programs: FT
trying to figure out a trip from YYZ-FRA. now if i can manage to do some things to add to the TP's for a little xtra that would be nice...right now, LH and AC are slightly more than BA, i might actually see if my TA's will use BA....booking would be in CW. still not sure if having silver would make any difference but why not give it a shot. leaving mar 14 and return 21. also, anyway to check if your corporate TA is a "BA Preferred TA" in case some F space opens for MFU?

i have seen some add ons via LHR from FRA to JER to be a few hundred but not sure if others...perhaps FRA-LHR or LGW to AMS?
Old Jan 28, 2013, 2:11 pm

Programs: British Airways Executive Club
Hi Everyone.
I have just joined and thought I would say hello.

I am interested in BA tier points run for flights from Manchester UK. I am on the brink of getting my silver card and my membership runs out the beginning of May.

Any help appreciated. I have some time off in Feb so could do a flight around then.
Old Jan 28, 2013, 2:18 pm

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Originally Posted by Quietlyconfident
Hi Everyone.
I have just joined and thought I would say hello.

I am interested in BA tier points run for flights from Manchester UK. I am on the brink of getting my silver card and my membership runs out the beginning of May.

Any help appreciated. I have some time off in Feb so could do a flight around then.
Welcome to FT.

How many TPs do you need?
Old Jan 28, 2013, 2:34 pm

Hi Thanks for replying

I need 80 TP but could do with it as cheap as possible.
Old Jan 28, 2013, 2:41 pm

Programs: BA Silver, United, HH, club Carlson
Ok so. With my two business trips now booked I have worked out I will be in deficit of 140 TP to retain silver before 8 march. I want some quick TR from ORD anytime from 28 feb to 2 march. Any suggestions - cheaper the better of course
Old Jan 28, 2013, 3:03 pm

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Originally Posted by Quietlyconfident
Hi Thanks for replying

I need 80 TP but could do with it as cheap as possible.
Get the train to Gatwick and do the LGW-JER run in CE for £181. That will get your 80TPs.

You can fly from MAN, but the cost pushes to the £300 mark, and nets just 100TPs, so the train may be a cheaper option.
Old Jan 28, 2013, 3:07 pm

Thank you

That is most helpful
Old Jan 28, 2013, 6:58 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
Just about finished now. Just the flight from hell to come.
My final AA flight from SJU, back in Y, wasn't too bad. About 6 seats free on the plane and bumpy coming into MIA. Easy 10TP and 2500? Avios for that.
Silver really does help getting you onto the plane before most of the others with their "carry-on".

In the Premium Lounge at MIA now at the E gates which are probably nearer Orlando the amount of walking it takes to get there!
Nice lounge with loads of different side rooms, loads of doors leading to kitchens etc and soups, wraps, veggies, crisps and an open BA style bar.
Old Jan 28, 2013, 10:13 pm

I also like the Miami Premium lounge. I've never understood why so many people here don't like it. It's no Flounge, but for a US outstation I think it's up there among the best.
Old Jan 29, 2013, 12:13 am

Just a heads-up to any JER TP runners ...

... I flew LGW-JER-LGW last night (BA2776 out, BA2777 back), and although it wasn't actually a TP run (finishing off the final leg of one ex-JER ticket, and doing the first Domestic leg of an Avios redemption ticket since ex-JER = no APD as discussed elsewhere! )

However, when we disembarked BA2776 we were handled rather strangely. I don't know JER that well at all but it felt like we were fed through the International arrivals process but with no staff on the passport desks (but we did have to walk past the passport desks...). This meant no way to go straight to the lounge for my return flight, instead a fairly rapid dash through Customs/Arrivals, out into the car-park, across to Departures, back inside the building, quick scan of the boarding card, re-clear security - and they were thorough - back through the "shopping mall", and all the way back to the gate/lounge area.

I queried at several points how/why the flight arrival was being handled but was fobbed off with the usual "it's the new EU security rules" / "we have to re-screen you for everyone's safety" / "it's the way we always do it" rubbish!

I had time to visit the lounge for less than a minute to grab a bottle of water and then boarded again for the return flight.

Perhaps it's part of BA's "Health and wellbeing" drive - they want to make sure I get some exercise even if it's only achieved by making me sprint round the terminal at JER
Old Jan 29, 2013, 12:17 am

Originally Posted by shorthauldad
Just a heads-up to any JER TP runners ...

... I flew LGW-JER-LGW last night (BA2776 out, BA2777 back), and although it wasn't actually a TP run (finishing off the final leg of one ex-JER ticket, and doing the first Domestic leg of an Avios redemption ticket since ex-JER = no APD as discussed elsewhere! )

However, when we disembarked BA2776 we were handled rather strangely. I don't know JER that well at all but it felt like we were fed through the International arrivals process but with no staff on the passport desks (but we did have to walk past the passport desks...). This meant no way to go straight to the lounge for my return flight, instead a fairly rapid dash through Customs/Arrivals, out into the car-park, across to Departures, back inside the building, quick scan of the boarding card, re-clear security - and they were thorough - back through the "shopping mall", and all the way back to the gate/lounge area.

I queried at several points how/why the flight arrival was being handled but was fobbed off with the usual "it's the new EU security rules" / "we have to re-screen you for everyone's safety" / "it's the way we always do it" rubbish!

I had time to visit the lounge for less than a minute to grab a bottle of water and then boarded again for the return flight.

Perhaps it's part of BA's "Health and wellbeing" drive - they want to make sure I get some exercise even if it's only achieved by making me sprint round the terminal at JER
Does seem to happen sometimes, though for me only about 20% of the time thus far when I've been to JER
Old Jan 29, 2013, 3:38 am

ILOVEYOU!

How could there be anything more romantic than presenting your loved one a valentines boarding pass with the following fare basis?

Code:
Fare 1: Carrier BA ILOVEYOU ROM to LON (rules)
Passenger type ADT, round trip fare, booking code I
Covers FCO-LHR (Business)
£103.47
Fare 2: Carrier BA ILOVEYOU LON to ROM (rules)
Covers LGW-FCO (Business)
£103.4
Old Jan 29, 2013, 4:01 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
Originally Posted by angatol
How could there be anything more romantic than presenting your loved one a valentines boarding pass with the following fare basis?

Code:
Fare 1: Carrier BA ILOVEYOU ROM to LON (rules)
Covers FCO-LHR (Business)
£103.47
Fare 2: Carrier BA ILOVEYOU LON to ROM (rules)
Covers LGW-FCO (Business)
£103.4
£206 for LGW-FCO return? Doesn't seem to be loaded on BA.com or ITA.
Old Jan 29, 2013, 4:03 am

Originally Posted by nux
£206 for LGW-FCO return? Doesn't seem to be loaded on BA.com or ITA.
That's just the base fare, and it's FCO-LGW/LHR just for us romantic Italians-ish peeps.
Old Jan 29, 2013, 4:06 am

Looks like the fare is being quoted Rome to London not London to Rome.

Yeah, posts crossed in the ether

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.