Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FT Do - Jersey C.I. 27 April 2013

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2013, 2:24 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH D, Rad VIP, Marriott G

Actually, I will want a window seat to take cloud pics so you may still be in with a chance to get a seat in row 1 Yahillwe!
Old Jan 7, 2013, 2:53 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Count me in. Not got my shifts for March onwards yet but I will work around it. I'm happy to pick you up as well T8.
Old Jan 7, 2013, 3:28 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, HH Silver, A Club
Originally Posted by T8191
I will have to trawl to find the local folks. They were a bit non-involved last time, which is a bit sad.
Jersey based lurker here who may be on for it
Old Jan 7, 2013, 4:22 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Uncle T, can you put me down as a maybe please?

I am off on a long weekend on those dates and the C.I is a place I would really like to go back to and what better excuse than a FT Do!

Cheers

Pete
Old Jan 7, 2013, 6:25 pm

Programs: BA Gold, LH SEN, HH Gold
Please add me as a maybe. Never been to Jersey but have been intending to go for quite a while now. Would be a great opportunity (if work allows me to go)
Old Jan 7, 2013, 6:29 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver,clubcard,clubcard plus, BA Amex................ And Mucci x3 ;)
Originally Posted by PETER01
Uncle T, can you put me down as a maybe please?

I am off on a long weekend on those dates and the C.I is a place I would really like to go back to and what better excuse than a FT Do!

Cheers

Pete

Now would you be going direct or.................... Indirect

cs
Old Jan 7, 2013, 6:30 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver,clubcard,clubcard plus, BA Amex................ And Mucci x3 ;)
Originally Posted by rossmacd
I would have said yes, but forgot that the LGW-MAN route finishes on 30th March (), therefore I would have to do the LHR-LGW shuffle, which have always tried to avoid....

Let me try talk myself into it...

There is a way .................

Flyertalk style
MAN-LHR-EDI-LGW-JER return

cs
Old Jan 7, 2013, 9:44 pm

Am considering this.. BA2770 over in the morning then BA2775 back in the evening. Would that allow enough time to participate at all?

I'm not a drinker so wasn't planning to booze on anyway!
Old Jan 8, 2013, 4:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
1. Updated this far. Looks like 17 plus 9 possibles. Eeeek!!!

2. @ flashware - No problem there, it seems to me. You hit JER at 0925, and have a couple of hours free to sight-see or shop. We'll meet up at 1200 for drinks/lunch for a couple of hours (Lunch is available 1200-1430). Last year some then stayed on at The Bar, others went shopping/sightseeing, and sub-groups formed to do whatever in the evening.
Old Jan 8, 2013, 4:53 am

Perfect! Let me check the options for getting into town then I'll make a decision. Trying to go cheap and cheerful!
Old Jan 8, 2013, 4:57 am

According to FlyBe there's a bus:
Jersey Airport by public transport
It is also possible to travel to and from the airport by bus as there is a bus route between the airport and St Helier. Some buses have Wi-Fi internet access, which may be useful if you are travelling on business.

Would that be what I'd need?
Old Jan 8, 2013, 5:10 am

I'd quite like to tag along, this would probably put me into bronze and set me up well for qualifying for silver this year. Would anyone be kind enough to guest me into a lounge?
Old Jan 8, 2013, 5:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Originally Posted by flashware
According to FlyBe there's a bus:
Jersey Airport by public transport
It is also possible to travel to and from the airport by bus as there is a bus route between the airport and St Helier. Some buses have Wi-Fi internet access, which may be useful if you are travelling on business.

Would that be what I'd need?
Just so - the No 15 [double-decker] goes from outside Arrivals to the main terminus (Liberation Station, where you want to get off/on) and beyond. Our new bus operator has a website here - bus every 20 minutes, and I think the fare may be £1.50 or so.

Loads of info for you, and indeed everyone, on ThisIsJersey.
Old Jan 8, 2013, 5:11 am

Originally Posted by 0hnoes
I'd quite like to tag along, this would probably put me into bronze and set me up well for qualifying for silver this year. Would anyone be kind enough to guest me into a lounge?
If you're on the same flight that I'll book I'm happy to guest. Alternatively the CE fare isn't too bad so if you booked that you'd get lounge access anyway?
Old Jan 8, 2013, 5:13 am

Originally Posted by flashware
If you're on the same flight that I'll book I'm happy to guest. Alternatively the CE fare isn't too bad so if you booked that you'd get lounge access anyway?
Silly me, I meant into the FLounge

I think I'd probably do a day trip too, so it would be the same flights you mentioned (in CE)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.