Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tesco and BA - 2013 master thread

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4, 2013, 7:26 am

Programs: Avios Hunter
the dyson,pan,wine and tesco products are back on the MR redemption pages, don't look quite so attractive as the last time !
Old Jan 4, 2013, 8:50 am

Programs: BAEC, KOP 305
Originally Posted by tangey
the dyson,pan,wine and tesco products are back on the MR redemption pages, don't look quite so attractive as the last time !
Indeed - what a start to the year!
Old Jan 4, 2013, 9:29 am

Originally Posted by Wozza2404
Now I despise Tesco, and my nearest one is 10 miles away (Sainsburys and Asda are both less than 2 miles).

Is it worth me braving the retail park purely for the clubcard points (and therefore Avios)?
Yes, very much, if you walk there.
Old Jan 4, 2013, 3:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
The first batch of names have been added to the first post as potential Tesco credit card referrers.

PM me if you want adding as well.
Old Jan 4, 2013, 3:10 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA Gold, BA Lounge Rats, BA Audit Survivors, CW Kitchen Defender, CX Noodle Connoisseurs Club
Originally Posted by Raffles
The first batch of names have been added to the first post as potential Tesco credit card referrers.

PM me if you want adding as well.
Thanks Raffles, you forgot to add yourself to the list by the way

Might it be worth explaining how the referrals work?

ie: you apply for the card, then fill out this form once you actually have it.
Old Jan 4, 2013, 3:44 pm

Programs: BAEC, HHonors Gold, Amex
I just checked my Amex redemptions page again, and when looking at the detail of my Tesco redemptions, it seems to have changed slightly. Under the tracking bit it says Reward followed by a number and my full address is now listed, which I'm sure wasn't yesterday.

Not sure if that means anything.
Old Jan 4, 2013, 3:48 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by KeithJenner
I just checked my Amex redemptions page again, and when looking at the detail of my Tesco redemptions, it seems to have changed slightly. Under the tracking bit it says Reward followed by a number and my full address is now listed, which I'm sure wasn't yesterday.

Not sure if that means anything.
Is that when you expand the order? My address has definitely been there since I made the order.
Old Jan 4, 2013, 3:54 pm

Programs: BAEC, HHonors Gold, Amex
Originally Posted by Paralytic
Is that when you expand the order? My address has definitely been there since I made the order.
Maybe it's just me then, but I didn't think it was there yesterday.
Old Jan 4, 2013, 3:57 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, IHG Platinum Ambassador, Club Carlson Gold
Originally Posted by KeithJenner
Maybe it's just me then, but I didn't think it was there yesterday.
My orders have also updated this evening with delivery details - definitely were not there yesterday.
Old Jan 4, 2013, 3:58 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA Gold, BA Lounge Rats, BA Audit Survivors, CW Kitchen Defender, CX Noodle Connoisseurs Club
Originally Posted by Paralytic
I'm pretty sure it just said:

Delivery Description
United Kingdom

As it still says for Mrs P's still "In Progress" orders.
Old Jan 4, 2013, 4:41 pm

Programs: BA, *A, Hertz Goldstar, Mucci wannabee, Waitrose, safari Oleg
I'll take a guess that if other items are marked as sent and other things like Dyson items ordered are still "in progress", the Dyson may well be a product that is drop shipped....
Old Jan 4, 2013, 4:48 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by h15t0r1an
I'll take a guess that if other items are marked as sent and other things like Dyson items ordered are still "in progress", the Dyson may well be a product that is drop shipped....
I'd assume it's all drop shipped personally.

I doubt if Amex keeps a warehouse full of stock of all the reward items.

Even the Tesco gift cards are probably drop shipped, otherwise some poor amex employee is going to have a lot of stamps to lick soon
Old Jan 5, 2013, 5:52 pm
Suspended

Blatently tea leafed from www.paidtoshop.co.uk thanks to dtm15 for posting.......

X-X-N-F-R-Q - 200 bonus points when you spend £50 or more by 24th Feb
X-X-J-P-H-G - 200 bonus points when you spend £50 or more by 24th Feb
X-X-M-3-R-H - 200 bonus points when you spend £50 or more by 24th Feb

(remove the -, I put them in to hopefully foil the search engines)

+ 400 bonus points when you have completed all 3 shops.

The codes worked on 2 out of our 3 accounts so I just bought pretty much a year's worth of household stuff including:

364 dishwasher capsules
240 washing capsules
48 kitchen rolls
144 toilet rolls
12 fairy liquids

Lord knows where I'm going to put all this stuff

Hopefully I haven't forgotten anything and all I'll need to buy for the forseeable future will be actual food! (Using the gift cards Amex are hopefully going to send me soon )

P.S: There's a lot of stuff on offer at the moment but some of the offers end tuesday so don't waste too much time
Also, the codes are valid until end of April but you need to get the stuff delivered or click and collect by 24th Feb to get the extra 400s. I worked everything out on a spreadsheet first then put the orders together and can see I got around £450 of stuff for £300 based on the special offers.

I used my Amex Gold so also got another 650 odd points for that plus the clubcard points will exchange to about 5,500 odd avios.

Happy Shopping everyone, Good luck, I hope the codes work for you! Enjoy!

P.P.S Sorry prospero for posting my shopping habits, I couldn't resist but you have to admit, it is quite funny buying so much toilet paper, right?

P.P.P S If you are going to buy toilet paper, get the cushelle 24 roll packs even though they aren't on offer they are cheaper than the sale ones! (about 35p per roll)

Last edited by PanGalactic; Jan 5, 2013 at 6:14 pm
Old Jan 5, 2013, 10:40 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AA Lifetime Gold 1.8mm, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold et al
Originally Posted by PanGalactic
Blatently tea leafed from www.paidtoshop.co.uk thanks to dtm15 for posting.......

X-X-N-F-R-Q - 200 bonus points when you spend £50 or more by 24th Feb
X-X-J-P-H-G - 200 bonus points when you spend £50 or more by 24th Feb
X-X-M-3-R-H - 200 bonus points when you spend £50 or more by 24th Feb

(remove the -, I put them in to hopefully foil the search engines)

+ 400 bonus points when you have completed all 3 shops.

The codes worked on 2 out of our 3 accounts so I just bought pretty much a year's worth of household stuff including:

364 dishwasher capsules
240 washing capsules
48 kitchen rolls
144 toilet rolls
12 fairy liquids

Lord knows where I'm going to put all this stuff
Thanks for posting - I might just bite.

When I see these offers I'm reminded how much the return from Tesco has diminished. 'Every little helps' of course but, for me, the bulk purchase and storage requirement seems a little excessive for such a relatively paltry return. Occasionally there is something really worth grabbing but they're pretty rare these days.

There was a time not so long ago that 1,000 points were awarded for single purchases of quite low priced items.
Old Jan 5, 2013, 11:50 pm

Programs: Chase Ultimate Rewards
A bit off topic, but I want to lament on how us Yanks do not have any program like Tesco vouchers in the United States.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.