Tesco and BA - 2013 master thread

Old Jan 3, 2013, 2:47 pm

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Originally Posted by PanGalactic
Nope, the points show up on your receipt and go on to your tesco points balance together with your shopping
Ok great. Is this an offer that's on all year, or is it a timed promo?

I'm assuming that buying 5 x Ł100 cards would only give 5 x 150 points?
Old Jan 3, 2013, 2:51 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA Gold, BA Lounge Rats, BA Audit Survivors, CW Kitchen Defender, CX Noodle Connoisseurs Club
Originally Posted by Wozza2404

I'm assuming that buying 5 x Ł100 cards would only give 5 x 150 points?
I've only seen Ł20 cards for sale unfortunately, but you get 150 points per Ł50 worth whatever the denomination
Old Jan 3, 2013, 2:54 pm

Programs: BAEC, HHonors Gold, Amex
There are also some Ł10 cards available as well, so you can get to exactly Ł50.

A warning for anyone who may consider getting Costa gift cards. I bought a couple as I sometimes find myself on the motorway without any cash, only to find the cards aren't accepted there.
Old Jan 3, 2013, 2:56 pm

Originally Posted by Wozza2404

I'm assuming that buying 5 x £100 cards would only give 5 x 150 points?
I've only seen £20 cards for sale unfortunately, but you get 150 points per £50 worth whatever the denomination
So if for example you buy £150 of next gift cards in one transaction , you will get 450 CC points? Or would you need to buy them in separate transactions?
Old Jan 3, 2013, 3:01 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Most of my orders have gone to "order completed". I can't find out what that exactly means. Does that mean they have been shipped and should see them shortly?

Thanks
Old Jan 3, 2013, 3:05 pm

Originally Posted by limbosongs
Most of my orders have gone to "order completed". I can't find out what that exactly means. Does that mean they have been shipped and should see them shortly?

Thanks
Mine are same, when I click on details of one of the orders I see a space for a 'tracking number' but isn't populated so I'm guessing they haven't been physically posted yet. Then again I've never ordered from MR before so not sure if it always/ever gets populated.
Old Jan 3, 2013, 3:26 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA Gold, BA Lounge Rats, BA Audit Survivors, CW Kitchen Defender, CX Noodle Connoisseurs Club
Originally Posted by Richyo
So if for example you buy Ł150 of next gift cards in one transaction , you will get 450 CC points? Or would you need to buy them in separate transactions?
Buying together is fine.
Old Jan 4, 2013, 12:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Raffles: How about a Tesco credit card referral offers list please ?
Good point.

If the have the Tesco credit card and would be happy to accept 1,000 CC point for naff-all work by referring another FT'er, please PM me!

I will add the names into the first post.
Old Jan 4, 2013, 1:48 am

Programs: BA Bronze, HH Diamond, A-Club Plat, Club Carlson Gold Elite, Marriott Gold, IHG Spire Ambassador
Buying together is fine.
That's good to know. Thank you.

Chris
Old Jan 4, 2013, 4:34 am

Programs: British Airways
My pan has been showing complete since yesterday, but my Tesco gift cards, which I ordered about 6 hours before the pan are still showing "In progress". Points were deducted immediately.

Fingers crossed
Old Jan 4, 2013, 4:39 am

Programs: BAEC, HHonors Gold, Amex
Originally Posted by twanny76
My pan has been showing complete since yesterday, but my Tesco gift cards, which I ordered about 6 hours before the pan are still showing "In progress". Points were deducted immediately.

Fingers crossed
The fact that the pan completed first is to be expected. People were reporting them as completing very quickly, whereas all Tesco cards took until the next day, so that wouldn't worry me.

However, I'm surprised that your cards are still showing as in progress. Is anyone else still stuck at that stage.

To be honest, I'm still not convinced this is a done deal yet. Every email I get, I'm expecting it to be from Amex explaining their mistake, and crediting the points back. I won't believe it until the cards arrive, which I suspect is still a good few days away.
Old Jan 4, 2013, 4:46 am

Programs: BA Silver
I missed the Tesco cards, but put an order in for the griddle, Dyson and wine. The Dyson is still saying "In progress" but the other two are saying "Order Complete".
Old Jan 4, 2013, 5:17 am
MBX

I ordered the pan and Dyson yesterday morning around 8am... The pan is complete but the Dyson is still in progress...
Old Jan 4, 2013, 5:36 am

Originally Posted by MBX
I ordered the pan and Dyson yesterday morning around 8am... The pan is complete but the Dyson is still in progress...
This seems to be the norm. Same for me for orders placed Wednesday night.
Old Jan 4, 2013, 5:46 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Originally Posted by trickster
This seems to be the norm. Same for me for orders placed Wednesday night.
And me.

Dyson ordered 8pm Weds night - In Progress.
Wine ordered 8pm Weds night - Completed.
Pans ordered 8am Thurs morn - Completed.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.