Wiki Posts
Search

Tesco and BA - 2013 master thread

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2014, 10:15 am
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond-Amb; Meliá & HH & Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by PETER01
Raffles has historically started the new Tesco Threads and the new one you have started doesn't have any information at all in the opening post [...]
Pretty much anyone -- including you @:-) -- can add a Wiki including the kind of information that Raffles typically posted at the start of these threads.
Old Jan 3, 2014, 10:20 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Originally Posted by IMH
Pretty much anyone -- including you @:-) -- can add a Wiki including the kind of information that Raffles typically posted at the start of these threads.
Indeed of course anyone can but if you look back many years Raffles is in my personal opinion the best person and the most knowledgeable poster to post a new annual thread on Tesco and BA keeping it in line with previous annual threads. It may be the case that he doesn't want to anymore due to HFP and how busy he is there but that I don't know.
Old Jan 3, 2014, 10:31 am

Programs: BA Gold. Iberia Plus Blue, Miles and More Blue, Gulf Blue, Tesco Clubcard, Elite PAL Mabuhay
Should this thread not be locked now the 2014 one has been opened?
Old Jan 3, 2014, 10:48 am
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond-Amb; Meliá & HH & Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by PETER01
Raffles is [...] the most knowledgeable poster [...] on Tesco and BA
For the record, my post wasn't intended to imply that Raffles is anything other than an expert on these matters. My point was that the advent of wikiposts means that it's easier for the community as a whole to ensure that only useful, current and accurate information appears at the top of a thread -- we no longer need to wait for an OP or a mod to amend the first post.
Old Jan 3, 2014, 11:39 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Originally Posted by IMH
For the record, my post wasn't intended to imply that Raffles is anything other than an expert on these matters. My point was that the advent of wikiposts means that it's easier for the community as a whole to ensure that only useful, current and accurate information appears at the top of a thread -- we no longer need to wait for an OP or a mod to amend the first post.
I think for the Tesco Master thread that may be indeed be a potentially good idea for a synopsis (too much information is there for a full Wiki, imo).

I think you are missing the point I made that it still needs all the relevant information about the Tesco on the first post as is on the previous Tesco threads and which also follows on from other Master Threads here on the BA Forum. This obviously includes how the Tesco programme actually works.

That is not the case with the new 2014 Thread and I still think Raffles
should be the creator of the new one (assuming he still wants to? or maybe he has already started working on a new one already?)

Nothing personal against the person who started the new one.I can see the good intentions which I appreciate but I don't agree with it and I would like to see it carry on in as previous years.
Old Jan 3, 2014, 12:22 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

Now that we have a 2014 thread in place, I will close this one.

Please follow the Tesco Clubcard related discussion here - http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...er-thread.html

Prospero
Moderator: BA forum

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.