Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Avios Ticket - Cancel Outbound Leg and Keep Return?

Avios Ticket - Cancel Outbound Leg and Keep Return?

Old Jul 16, 13, 5:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, BA, Mucci: Sir Roger des Directions Routières, PCR
May I ask the experts a similar but not identical question about a 2-leg one way Avios reservation?

If I have a RFS booking say MAN-LHR-ZRH with a >24 hour stopover in London, could I cancel the MAN-LHR leg and keep the LHR-ZRH leg?

Thanks.
Old Jul 16, 13, 12:15 pm

Programs: British Airways/Oneworld
It should be possible, you'd pay GBP40 again for the reroute but I would have had no qualms about doing that for you.
Old Jul 16, 13, 2:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, BA, Mucci: Sir Roger des Directions Routières, PCR
Thanks, good to know.

I won't know if it will be necessary for a while, hopefully not.
Old Mar 13, 18, 4:20 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Came across this thread and looking to see current information.

I'm trying to use Avios to book an AA flight from OGG to PHX. Because AA is trying to force connections, there are currently no seats available if I try to book this directly but if I look for OGG-PHX-TUS there are seats on the OGG-PHX segment. Trying to avoid the multi-segment to save the 7500 avios per ticket. I called the EXP desk to see if they could free them up for me but no luck

So my question is, if I were to book the OGG-PHX-TUS through BA, could I then call BA and ask to have the PHX-TUS segment cancelled? I assume I might have to pay a small fee but would get my 7500 avios back. Again, just looking for updated information and to see if anyone has tried similar

Search this Thread
Search Engine: