Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Special mentions to BA staff who excel at what they do

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Special mentions to BA staff who excel at what they do

Search this Thread

Old Dec 22, 2012, 5:13 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel
Original Poster

Smile Special mentions to BA staff who excel at what they do

I know we traditionally frown on the naming non management staff on the open forum (and for good reason too), but the mod team thought it might be lovely to relax this rule for just one special thread.

So in marking this season of good will, we'd like to invite you to choose one BA member of staff who made a positive lasting impression with you, or one you feel personifies the motto "To Fly. To Serve" and express your own personal thanks to that individual.

First names and positive thanks only, please. If you wish, you may add the flight number/date. We'll leave this entirely at your discretion.

Our own little ba.com/thanks.

Over to you….

Prospero
on behalf of the BA Moderator team, Seasons Greeting
Old Dec 22, 2012, 5:19 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
The main persons to whom my big "thank you" goes to is Nicci here (BA Executive Club). I know she is often online late at night or on weekends which is beyond the call of duty, even though she is here in an official capacity.

Also the BA cabin crew members here who are very helpful with information etc. In particular, littlegirl has been extremely helpful with catering info etc and deserve a special mention. BBB and PG for making me smile or laugh or both, etc etc... and that all of their efforts are made in their own volunteer capacity and I would very much thank all of the BA staff members who voluntarily participate here to help us, or to make us laugh, or even to tell us off

Last edited by LTN Phobia; Dec 22, 2012 at 6:01 am
Old Dec 22, 2012, 5:21 am
BOH

Programs: IC Hotels Spire, BA Gold
Sunrisegirl
Old Dec 22, 2012, 5:27 am

Programs: BA, VS, LH, HHonors
I find Littlegirls contributions here highly valuable and informative.

I have came across some gem's when flying who have made a real difference. Followed up with Welldone's but sorry I don't remember their names

Last edited by crystal_cad; Dec 22, 2012 at 5:45 am Reason: creation of new words
Old Dec 22, 2012, 5:29 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel
Original Poster

Thank-you Hugo ^

A familiar crew member who I have noticed on several short shuttle flights to EDI and also looked after me so well on the BA004.

Not to forget Nicci and all our BA staff members who provide such wonderful contribution to our community, and in their own time too.
Old Dec 22, 2012, 5:40 am

Programs: BA gold
BBB.

And a couple of others who are lurking, Gemma and Lisa. Another has an unsual first name which could identify her, but I'll call her G.

I echo the other mentions as well. Very many thanks and hope you have a good Christmas, whether at home, up in the air or in some far flung corners of UK, Europe and the World.
Old Dec 22, 2012, 5:52 am

Programs: BA, SAA and HHonors Pleb
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2.1; en-za; HTC_Wildfire_A3333 Build/FRG83D) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Godfrey and his crew on yesterdays 12h30 JNB - DUR. Even though ORTI was a complete shambles, they did a superb job.
Old Dec 22, 2012, 5:55 am

Programs: BA Gold, Starwood Gold, Hilton Diamond VIP, Shangri La Jade, Amex Plat
For me, it's the entire Special Services team at JFK. They just know how to make you feel welcome. It's like having friends around. And when I've had issues or problems this year, they just get it all sorted. No faff. No red tape. They use initiative and get things done. Really refreshing. If only all customer service was like this.

Just in JFK CCR now on last flight of the year (OF on a JFK route!) and they've all been cheery and helpful as normal.
Old Dec 22, 2012, 5:55 am

As well as echoing the thanks to the FT crew contributors...

Barry from our LHR-ICN flight on the 7th Dec. Not only was he charming, accommodating and witty, but his upbeat manner and personal excitement at also visiting Seoul for his first time made the trip so much more fun for us.

He didn't take a break during the whole flight (he said he preferred to keep busy rather than sitting down for an hour), meaning he was always available and happy to fetch whatever we fancied or just stop by for a chat.

Personalities like these help me prefer BA.
Old Dec 22, 2012, 7:24 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by BOH
Sunrisegirl
^

Not done any flying this year but I nominate adrianjc32.....the calm professional attitude he shows on this forum especially when under fire from angry punters epitomises everything BA is to me.
Old Dec 22, 2012, 7:56 am

I'll cheat and name two

Katherine who looked after us in Club Europe going to Verona. She appeared on the Gatwick airport documentary recently so I imagine BA already knows she is very good. Not sure whether the returning flight might have had limited champagne stocks though as she definitely kept us well lubricated for the two hour flight.

Raul (sp) who looked after us from sydney to singapore in first coming back from our honeymoon. An absolutely charming man who made us both feel very special.

There were both lovely people and the reason why when BA are good they are very good.
Old Dec 22, 2012, 8:37 am
G_G
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK E+
Two nominations :

Paul in CE flight BA2665 december, 5th : efficient, friendly and classy service ^

The members of the LGW's Galleries First

Seasons Greeting
Old Dec 22, 2012, 8:40 am

Programs: BA Silver
A special thanks to Euro Purser Baldrick!

As well as being the only person I've ever met called Baldrick, he looked after us both very well on a Copenhagen flight, was charming and entertaining and you wouldn't know he had been a steward with BA since 1974. Definitely still loved his job.
Old Dec 23, 2012, 10:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
Everyone on this board, PG, BBB, Littlegirl, Sunrisegirl, adrianjc32, TCX69, Lite, lgw29, CIHY, sammyh25 (?), and I probably forgot one or two others.

Plus, Debbie from Eurofleet on my first BEY-LHR operated by BA crew (but still BA8183). Such a change from bmi. New cabin helped too!
Old Dec 23, 2012, 11:07 am

Programs: BA Gold IHG Ambassador Spire Shangri La Diamond
Gail in the BA lounge at Edinburgh, always remembers all her guests and where they have recently travelled to

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.