Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA Fleet and Travel Class Guide

Search this Thread

Old Aug 31, 2013, 5:54 am

Thanks for the response. I eventually found some info from ba.co.uk here.

I've never seen Euro Traveller extend into the forward cabin, albeit 4 or 5 flights...

Palmer
Old Sep 1, 2013, 12:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by Palmer
I've never seen Euro Traveller extend into the forward cabin, albeit 4 or 5 flights...
I've had it on a couple of flights. I much prefer it when the whole of the forward cabin is CE, although not with every seat occupied - I once had that going to IST, with 50 pax in the cabin. Luckily I was in Row 1
Old Sep 2, 2013, 4:22 pm

Originally Posted by Genius1
I've had it on a couple of flights. I much prefer it when the whole of the forward cabin is CE, although not with every seat occupied - I once had that going to IST, with 50 pax in the cabin. Luckily I was in Row 1
I was in Row 7 (and Euro Traveller), when I booked it! Bumped to Row 12 at OLCI! Oh well, I know my place...

Palmer
Old Oct 2, 2013, 3:43 am

Programs: BA Silver. London Cycling Campaign. TfL Oyster
Thales IFE on four-class 777-200s

Thanks Prospero for this constantly referred to thread. Anyone: can I have an update please on install of Thales across the fleet. Apologies as I probably have seen references to upgrade plans scattered across other threads but can't find now

1. 777-200 [G-ZZZA/B/C] all Thales. Got it.

2. 777-200ER [G-VIIseries / GE90 powered]
Fleet guide lists five aircraft still with Upgraded TES. Are these five slated for Thales or will they remain TES?

3. 777-200ER [G-YMMseries / RR Trent powered]
The nine aircraft in fleet guide still with Upgraded TES. Again, are any of these slated for Thales?

I don't care about the 777-300s or any three class 777!

Pedantically, I think any Thales install also gets the new WTP and WT seat but if there are divergences there that info welcome too.

Thanks,
NTFM
Old Oct 2, 2013, 1:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by NoTiersForMe
Pedantically, I think any Thales install also gets the new WTP and WT seat but if there are divergences there that info welcome too.
You have your aircraft correct - those aircraft that don't have Thales (5 G-VII*, all G-YMM* and all 3-class) have Rockwell Collins (Upgraded TES). Both are AVOD, Thales is just newer with HD screens and greater connectivity.

Thales = new WTP/WT products and vice versa.
Old Oct 2, 2013, 1:28 pm

Location: London, England, UK, Europe, The World, The Universe
Thales installation has ended. Although I am wondering if they might install Thales to aircraft that don't have Thales when their next D check comes in a few years time
Old Oct 2, 2013, 4:10 pm

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by diontd
Thales installation has ended. Although I am wondering if they might install Thales to aircraft that don't have Thales when their next D check comes in a few years time
There are 747s younger than the G-ZZZ* 777s. With the last 747s slated to go in 2023, I'm sure another round of refurbs will happen in the next couple of years.
Old Oct 18, 2013, 7:26 am

Programs: BA Gold, BMI, ANA, HH Blue, SPG Gold

Am I correct in thinking that all LHR-JFK 777's have Thales fitted?

The reason I ask, is that wife and I have flights booked in J on the above route. Both are on 777 chosen in the belief that they have Thales. If not it may be better to switch to a 744 operated flight and go for upper deck.

Last edited by botham; Oct 18, 2013 at 7:59 am Reason: Addition
Old Oct 18, 2013, 7:41 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, MUCCI, Elite Fan of MO, ALL Accor Live Gold
deleted
Old Mar 20, 2014, 5:06 pm

Programs: OW/AA, DL, UA; Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Palmer
From recollection the divider between Club Europe and Euro Traveller on the short haul 767 is fixed. Which row does Club Europe finish at and which row does Euro Traveller start at?

Thank you.

Palmer
I was just trying to work this out for an upcoming UK domestic flight (EDI - LHR ). Granted, the flight is "only" an hour, I've already got an exit row (altho' aware those are a bit narrower).

Can't tell if seats at the front are club euro spaced or not...
Old Mar 21, 2014, 3:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by botham
Am I correct in thinking that all LHR-JFK 777's have Thales fitted?
JFK uses a mixture of 77W and 4-class 772. All 77W have Thales, and most (but not all) 4-class 772 have Thales - there's no way to tell before booking.
Old Mar 21, 2014, 5:12 pm

Originally Posted by skye1
I was just trying to work this out for an upcoming UK domestic flight (EDI - LHR ). Granted, the flight is "only" an hour, I've already got an exit row (altho' aware those are a bit narrower).

Can't tell if seats at the front are club euro spaced or not...
There is a divider. When I posted the question, I hadn't realised that they could divide the smaller front cabin section on the 767, although the Club seats go well beyond this.

Seating is 2-3-2, with the middle seat (of the 3 bit) blocked in the Club Europe section. Of course, as a Domestic, these seats won't be blocked.

Palmer
Old May 17, 2014, 6:56 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel
Original Poster

Housekeeping notice

The fleet section received an update today. No doubt, given the rate of aircraft retirements and fresh deliveries this thread will be out of date before the month is out.
Old May 18, 2014, 8:19 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel
Original Poster

Housekeeping notice

The Travel Class section also received a big update today.
Old Jul 13, 2014, 12:13 pm

Programs: AY Platinum (OWE), SK G(*G), BW Diamond
Will be flying LGW-MCO in fall, should be a 3-class 777 but what are the changes of getting 300R and where to find the code at MMB as I only see 777 jet in the flight description. I am strongly considering any type of upgrade available (working trip, only Y allowed...which was annoying as WT+ was only 200€ more expensive) but maybe for 2000 WT+ might not be worth it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.