Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Refused lounge access [flying domestic; no recognition of same day qualifying flight]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Refused lounge access [flying domestic; no recognition of same day qualifying flight]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 3, 2013, 6:57 am

Programs: ABBA
Originally Posted by shorthauldad
Q: Who stated this was BA policy?
Based on observation that this problem still occurs. It's a simple problem, and BA could stamp it out easily. It's not just one member of the lounge staff that refuses to pay attention, we've had reports of the managers too.

There are 3 lounges. 3 sheets of A4 stating that access is granted for people with a boarding pass in CE would be easy to put out. The fact BA refuse to do this, despite the numerous complaints made, means that it is their de-facto policy.

3 options
1) It's not BA policy, BA have made this clear numerous times, BA lounge staff are deliberately refusing access knowing full well access should be granted, and they need to be fired quickly.
2) It is BA policy to refuse entry
3) BA are too incompetent to print 3 pieces of laminated paper out, one for each lounge, stating that in this instance access is granted.

If it's 3, and BA know this is a problem (as they do), then it's defacto BA policy anyway.
Old Jul 3, 2013, 8:02 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Tamsin - what else is there to say?
There is still an ongoing problem getting miles and TPs after MFUs/paid upgrades from WT+ to CW - does that mean the refusal to give them is BA policy since it is something they could have fixed and have not?
Old Jul 3, 2013, 10:08 pm

Originally Posted by Jenbel
There is still an ongoing problem getting miles and TPs after MFUs/paid upgrades from WT+ to CW - does that mean the refusal to give them is BA policy since it is something they could have fixed and have not?
That's not a simple fix. Not as simple as some laminated signs.
Old Jul 3, 2013, 11:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Originally Posted by paulwuk
That's not a simple fix. Not as simple as some laminated signs.
Is not this post from a little over 6 months ago still relevant:
Originally Posted by lhrworker
Inbound club europe and club world / First passengers, whichever flight they are transferring onto can use the lounge.

The staff were wrong and the correct information is in the lounge guide which is on the desk in a folder.

Here is the correct information

http://img102.imageshack.us/img102/5...sengersac3.jpg
Old Jul 4, 2013, 2:57 am
Company Representative - British Airways

Dear all

I just wanted to clarify that tickets connecting to Club Europe from a domestic sector are eligible for lounge access. When this arose before we did re-issue the lounge policy guide to the lounge teams and also followed up with internal communications.

I have asked for this to be re-iterated to avoid this happening again. Many apologies for the issues this caused to the most recent poster on this

Warm regards

Nicci
Old Jul 4, 2013, 3:32 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by BA Executive Club
Dear all

I just wanted to clarify that tickets connecting to Club Europe from a domestic sector are eligible for lounge access. When this arose before we did re-issue the lounge policy guide to the lounge teams and also followed up with internal communications.

I have asked for this to be re-iterated to avoid this happening again. Many apologies for the issues this caused to the most recent poster on this

Warm regards

Nicci
Thanks for posting this Nicci. As a previous traveller who has encountered access problems your precise definition is the one that flyertakers should accept as what is expected and should be the norm.
Old Jul 4, 2013, 6:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Dear all

I just wanted to clarify that tickets connecting to Club Europe from a domestic sector are eligible for lounge access. ...
Great stuff ... now to be certain, is the policy the same for tickets connecting to a domestic sector from Club Europe?

e.g. On a Club Europe flight from Paris to London connecting to a economy sector to Aberdeen.
Old Jul 4, 2013, 11:37 am

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by serfty
Great stuff ... now to be certain, is the policy the same for tickets connecting to a domestic sector from Club Europe?

e.g. On a Club Europe flight from Paris to London connecting to a economy sector to Aberdeen.
Yep - 100% - I like the extract a couple of posts up that states 'inbound and outbound connecting flights'

Thanks again to Nicci for requesting this be re-iterated - hopefully both the inbound and outbound aspects please!!

Last edited by EDIflyer; Jul 4, 2013 at 11:51 am
Old Jul 4, 2013, 11:48 am

Dear all

Warm regards

Nicci
Thanks for taking the time to perform an outstanding Two Ronnies Response by clarifying the position for problem that did not exist.

The problem is connecting to a domestic flight, from a Club Europe flight when on an Avios Redemption booking.

Can you provide a hard written response confirming access in these circumstances?
Old Jul 4, 2013, 12:20 pm
Company Representative - British Airways

Refused lounge access [flying domestic but no recognition of same day CE flight]

Apologies if I was unclear - this applies to flights connecting to and from a domestic flight and that is what is being re-iterated

Nicci
Old Jul 4, 2013, 7:35 pm

Originally Posted by serfty
Is not this post from a little over 6 months ago still relevant:
Not unless Stuttgart still departs from T1, I believe that page is at least 5 years old

There is obviously a belief that CE to Domestic does not give lounge access coming from somewhere. It's a very specific situation.

So what happens next month when 3 of us (Gold, Silver, Bronze) arrive at Galleries North after a CE flight onto a domestic, and are rejected because

" Look you're a short haul inbound passenger, so just like the arrivals lounge you don't get access to that, that's lounge is only for inbound long haul J and F passengers only, same goes for this lounge. "
A simple poster on the desk visible to the passenger to point at is all that's needed. They can do this at Newcastle.

As for recent reassurances

I was denied entry in April 2012, 11 months ago, Nicci herself came on here and said that Lounge managers had been alerted to this fact and that still months later there are issues (with duty managers even not being aware of the correct policies).
15 months since they knew there was a problem. How long does it take to send an all-staff-email along the lines of:

There has been some confusion over lounge access for our valuable passengers that pay your wages.

Anyone arriving on a CE flight and departing on a same day Domestic flight has lounge access. Failure to allow access will result in immediate dismissal
No, I maintain that BA as a whole is unwilling to solve this. I'm sure that BA Executive Club is correct, as far as her department goes, but BA as a whole is a different beast.

If I go to a shop and say "our policy is to always give receipts", however receipts are not given, for months, or years, on end, I call BS to their printed policy.
Old Jul 5, 2013, 10:02 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
Surely, if you're concerned, the best thing to do is phone BA and get them to email you stating you're entitled to lounge access.

If everyone did this, the extra work load should soon get them to sort out making sure all staff are aware of the policy.
Old Jul 9, 2013, 4:33 pm

Apologies if I was unclear - this applies to flights connecting to and from a domestic flight and that is what is being re-iterated

Nicci
That's great re the clarification. But is this the case with a stopover in London? I was refused in Manchester because of the stopover of more than 24 hours, though I got some Avios compensation when I complained. But then on my next reward flight from with a stopover, I did get access, albeit with an email printout saying that I did.
Old Jul 9, 2013, 6:34 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, Iberia Oro, SkyTeam - Elite Plus, Le Club Accor - Platinum
Just to say I had a great experience at Glasgow a week or so back. Was allowed into the lounge because I had a connecting CE flight within 24 hours even though they were separate bookings.

I was worried that because the CE flight was the next day I wouldn't be allowed access, however, upon explaining my flight from LGW was at 8am, and as such a same day connection wasn't possible, I was allowed in.

I somehow don't think the same would have occurred if I'd tried to get access in similar circumstances at LHR.
Old Jul 29, 2013, 8:43 am

Programs: MUCCI, BA Blue, IHG Gold
Dear all

Warm regards

Nicci

Will printing this forum response extinguish the fierce tongue a lounge dragon?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.