Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Manchester Do and Concorde Tour 15 March 2013

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 8, 2013, 5:43 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
Print Wikipost

Manchester Do and Concorde Tour 15 March 2013

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16, 2013, 10:14 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by RedVee
Will be a link to this page from the Wikipost when I've spoken to a very nice Mod
No need - I did it for you I think I get access as I'm an ambassador.
Old Jan 16, 2013, 11:53 am

Programs: Meow Mix
Hello Fellow FlyerTalkers!

Just booked my room at the Hilton near the airport and have managed to convince my other half that FT Do's are safe, sane, fun and informative.

Can someone please add angeloedades+1 to the list.

I hope to be able to sort out how I am getting there this week too .

/AE
Old Jan 16, 2013, 12:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: NZ *Gold
Originally Posted by angeloedades
Hello Fellow FlyerTalkers!

Just booked my room at the Hilton near the airport and have managed to convince my other half that FT Do's are safe, sane, fun and informative.

Can someone please add angeloedades+1 to the list.

I hope to be able to sort out how I am getting there this week too .

/AE

That's great, looking forward to meeting him. Let us know if you want to do the Concorde Tour too? And hopefully it'll be a chance to celebrate your exam results too

DYKWIA - I had missed your Ambassadorialness - forgive me. I now have 10 other thread housekeeping requests.............

Last edited by RedVee; Jan 16, 2013 at 12:25 pm
Old Jan 17, 2013, 12:58 am

Programs: FlyingBlue Platinum Elite / BAEC Silver
I still want to come, but the Pater might be arriving for a visit on that night, and I have a concert the next night in Folkestone (probably as far from MAN as possible in England..). I'll let you guys know. Both myself and the OH would love to make it.
Old Jan 17, 2013, 8:46 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by pianoamit
I still want to come, but the Pater might be arriving for a visit on that night, and I have a concert the next night in Folkestone (probably as far from MAN as possible in England..). I'll let you guys know. Both myself and the OH would love to make it.
If your dad doesn't fly in, the journey from Manchester to Folkestone isn't too bad.

e.g Manchester Piccadilly leaving at 10.15 a.m. gets into Euston 12.23, five mins walk* to St Pancras to catch the 13.12 to Folkestone which gets in at 14:07 - and all for Ł23.50 standard advance, Ł48 for First advance.

* you can do this on the underground but walking is less of a faff, IMHO

And in other news, after having said I wouldn't stay at the Deansgate Hilton on a Friday night, I have now rebooked there on the Anyweekend rate. Using the points saved to better effect at The Hilton Park Lane in a few weeks time, and will get double points plus the 2500 points 24 hour flash promo. Won't be in the Deansgate Lounge anyway during happy hour!
Old Jan 17, 2013, 9:53 am

Programs: FlyingBlue Platinum Elite / BAEC Silver
Thanks RedVee... Although I was thinking of flying to LCY if already playing the BA game... It'll be a new membership year, and the points don't come on their own...

But I'll definitely consider it...
Old Jan 17, 2013, 9:56 am

Programs: Meow Mix

That's great, looking forward to meeting him. Let us know if you want to do the Concorde Tour too? And hopefully it'll be a chance to celebrate your exam results too

DYKWIA - I had missed your Ambassadorialness - forgive me. I now have 10 other thread housekeeping requests.............
We are going to have to miss the Concorde tour this time around but there is still the Do to look forward to!

PS. If anyone is able to guest the +1 into a Lounge that would be appreciated .

/AE
Old Jan 17, 2013, 11:39 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by angeloedades
We are going to have to miss the Concorde tour this time around but there is still the Do to look forward to!

PS. If anyone is able to guest the +1 into a Lounge that would be appreciated .

/AE
Which flights are you taking? Have a look in post #5 towards the end to see who might be on the same flights as you
Old Jan 18, 2013, 6:47 am

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Platinum, HH Diamond, Hertz PC,
Looks like my footie match has been moved to later pm KO so will no longer be considering travelling to Manchester on Friday evening - so I'll therefore not be attending.
Old Jan 18, 2013, 7:31 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Physci
Looks like my footie match has been moved to later pm KO so will no longer be considering travelling to Manchester on Friday evening - so I'll therefore not be attending.
Ah, shame, but thanks for the update.
Old Jan 21, 2013, 1:02 pm
Original Poster

For those of you who haven't booked a hotel yet, just a heads up that the Doubletree Piccadilly has now dropped from the silly price it was originally showing and is currently at Ł88 - convenient for those arriving by train or heading off to the airport on Saturday morning, and about 8 mins walk to the main "do".

The Radisson Blu at the airport is down to Ł68 too if Club Carlson is your thing. Both of those are AP rates without breakfast, but if you are HH Gold or better then you'll get breakfast with your status. CC perks less likely IME, unless you get an upgrade to a business class room.
Old Jan 21, 2013, 1:06 pm

Programs: BAEC: Bronze, Al Fursan: Gold
Have booked the Marriott Renaissance, so I'm on for the double, here and Jersey!
Old Jan 21, 2013, 1:19 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by AflyR
Have booked the Marriott Renaissance, so I'm on for the double, here and Jersey!
^

I'm gutted I'll miss Jersey, had a great time last year.

I've added you to pick up number 4 from the city centre to get you to the Concorde Tour, but let me know if one of the other pick ups makes more sense for you depending on your travel plan.
Old Jan 21, 2013, 1:47 pm

Programs: BA/EC Silver
For those of you who haven't booked a hotel yet, just a heads up that the Doubletree Piccadilly has now dropped from the silly price it was originally showing and is currently at Ł88 <snip>
Thanks for the heads-up: done. And thanks also to Toothy for the lift!
Old Jan 21, 2013, 2:54 pm

Programs: BAEC: Bronze, Al Fursan: Gold
^

I'm gutted I'll miss Jersey, had a great time last year.

I've added you to pick up number 4 from the city centre to get you to the Concorde Tour, but let me know if one of the other pick ups makes more sense for you depending on your travel plan.
Thanks RedVee I'll be coming down the M6 from work and then driving into Manchester so can take 2/3 with me from the Concorde tour into town.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.