Fog Warning - 12th December

Old Dec 11, 12, 12:09 am
BOH
Original Poster

Programs: IC Hotels Spire, BA Gold
Fog Warning - 12th December

Bad fog is forecasted tomorrow at LHR up until about 11:00

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2647216

Am travelling back from VIE at 18:40 tomorrow night - hopefully!
Old Dec 11, 12, 12:32 am

Programs: BA Gold, LH SEN , A3*G & others less exciting that don't fit in my wallet
Forecast seems to have been wrong .. no fog in sight . lovely cold and clear morning

I think Fog is a fairly difficult thing to forecast precisely, perhaps some of the more meteorologically inclined folks can explain ... and it looks as though (fortunately) they seem to have got it wrong this morning anyway
Old Dec 11, 12, 12:37 am

Programs: Who cares ?
deleted

Last edited by sparkythehamster; Jan 10, 13 at 10:32 am
Old Dec 11, 12, 12:39 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by EvilDoctorK View Post
Forecast seems to have been wrong .. no fog in sight . lovely cold and clear morning

I think Fog is a fairly difficult thing to forecast precisely, perhaps some of the more meteorologically inclined folks can explain ... and it looks as though (fortunately) they seem to have got it wrong this morning anyway
Are you Evil Doctor Who? Traveled into the future in your tardis to see tomorrows weather
Old Dec 11, 12, 12:54 am

Programs: BA Gold, LH SEN , A3*G & others less exciting that don't fit in my wallet
D'oh .. too quick off the mark !
Old Dec 11, 12, 1:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
The fog is coming for my birthday!
Old Dec 11, 12, 1:19 am

Programs: FlyingBlue Platinum Elite / BAEC Silver
EEEEEEK!

I hope my 18.40 to MAD isn't delayed because of this. I only have 1h05 in MAD for my connection...

EDIT: If there are delays, and I am at the airport early, how likely is IB to let me onto an earlier flight, instead of letting me miss my connection? Anyone with experience here?
Old Dec 11, 12, 4:20 am

Programs: AA EXP, MR LT PPE, Arise Mucci des Hommes de Fer
Originally Posted by Sixth Freedom View Post
The fog is coming for my birthday!
Happy Birthday (12 12 12)! My wife's birthday also!!
Old Dec 11, 12, 7:01 am

Programs: BA Bronze
Originally Posted by pianoamit View Post
EEEEEEK!

I hope my 18.40 to MAD isn't delayed because of this. I only have 1h05 in MAD for my connection...

EDIT: If there are delays, and I am at the airport early, how likely is IB to let me onto an earlier flight, instead of letting me miss my connection? Anyone with experience here?
Bit of a hit or a miss. Snow has caused my wife and I problems twice in the past when flying ABZ - LHR - SIN - SYD. The first time BA were excellent. Turned up early at the airport knowing there was an earlier flight with plenty seats and shifted onto it no problem. The next time we were more relaxed and called BA who said that our original flight would leave on time and therefore would not transfer us. In the end our original flight was 3 hours late in arriving and departed for LHR 4 hours late. In the interim it became apparent that we would not make the SIN connection. and no availability for any later flights that day or the next day. Ended up, at BA's expense, in the Radisson Edwardian at Heathrow overnight and a CX flight via HKG to SYD the next morning. Due to evening arrival in SYD had another forced overnight in SYD instead of what would normally have been an early morning arrival and drive to friends had we caught our original flight. To be fair BA covered all costs and acknowledged that we should have been changed onto the earlier flight. 10,000 BA Miles too for each of us.

Last edited by charlesrhona; Dec 11, 12 at 7:03 am Reason: Spelling
Old Dec 11, 12, 9:22 am
formerly known as lady1964

Programs: BA Bronze
Originally Posted by TheAAdmiral View Post
Happy Birthday (12 12 12)! My wife's birthday also!!
My daughter's 18th birthday today

Oh and the reason I posted is because I'm about 12 miles from STN and it's foggy here, freezing fog too, really awful so hope there's not too many delays tomorrow.
Old Dec 11, 12, 10:03 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hhonors Silver, Accor Club Silver and many others at the lowest level
The visibility is getting very low indeed here near EGTR. The TAF for LHR says it will be down down to 200m overnight.
Old Dec 11, 12, 10:10 am
BOH
Original Poster

Originally Posted by tdng View Post
The visibility is getting very low indeed here near EGTR. The TAF for LHR says it will be down down to 200m overnight.
What or where is "EGTR" ???
Old Dec 11, 12, 10:14 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hhonors Silver, Accor Club Silver and many others at the lowest level
Originally Posted by BOH View Post
What or where is "EGTR" ???
Elstree Aerodrome. I went for a run up to the airfield perimeter at dusk today as the fog set in. EGTR is the ICAO code like EGLL is the code for Heathrow.
Old Dec 11, 12, 10:15 am

Programs: FlyingBlue Platinum Elite / BAEC Silver
I believe EGTR is the airfield in Ellstree.... no?
Old Dec 11, 12, 10:20 am
BOH
Original Poster

Originally Posted by tdng View Post
Elstree Aerodrome. I went for a run up to the airfield perimeter at dusk today as the fog set in. EGTR is the ICAO code like EGLL is the code for Heathrow.
I reckon 95%+ of folks on here would not have a clue what EGTR is. "Elstree Airfield" surely much better to say??

Search this Thread
Search Engine: