Upgrade Misquote in MMB

Old Dec 6, 2012, 8:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA - Blue > Bronze > Silver > Bronze > Blue
Upgrade Misquote in MMB

I suspect this has occurred to someone else before, or at least someone knows the answer to why!

On a forthcoming booking, it states that I can upgrade a sector (WT+ to CW) for £208.80, however having selected this and the full, detailed pricing comes up, it then quotes £737.00

At £208.80 its slightly tempting from a WT+ dayflight at £737 in no way worth it (to me)!

If I decide to upgrade, do you think I will be able to actually get the £208 quote over the phone, or is this more likely to be an error than the, then given, larger price of £737?
Old Dec 6, 2012, 9:05 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Originally Posted by Cap'n Benj

If I decide to upgrade, do you think I will be able to actually get the £208 quote over the phone, or is this more likely to be an error than the, then given, larger price of £737?
My guess is that it's more likely to be £737, since £208 is an abnormally low price for a WT+ to CW upgrade.

Last edited by LTN Phobia; Dec 6, 2012 at 9:12 am
Old Dec 6, 2012, 9:08 am

Programs: BA Silver (Oneworld Sapphire), VS Silver, Skywards Blue, UA General, Qantas Bronze.
You might find that the rate to upgrade to J for the low price is temporarily sold out. Keep an eye on MMB and it may reappear (I had this recently with a WT+ - J upgrade which was there one minute, gone the next, and when priced up it turned from £499 to £2k+ - it then went on to reappear later).

It's also possible that it was a mis-priced offer.
Old Dec 6, 2012, 9:16 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by LTN Phobia
My guess is that it's more likely to be £737, since £208 is an abnormally low price for a WT+ to CW upgrade.
It does seem v low, they're selling the seat for a v low price too though, so I thought it just may be the Upgrade fee and fare change from my WT+ fare.

As you say though it does seem unrealistic, so I wasn't overly shocked when I saw the higher fee on the following page.
Old Dec 6, 2012, 9:17 am

It does seem v low, they're selling the seat for a v low price too though, so I thought it just may be the Upgrade fee and fare change from my WT+ fare.

As you say though it does seem unrealistic, so I wasn't overly shocked when I saw the higher fee on the following page.
Maybe it was the fare difference yesterday when CW sale was on.
Old Dec 6, 2012, 9:21 am
Original Poster

Maybe it was the fare difference yesterday when CW sale was on.
Sounds like a potential reason, the cheap price is still there to book from scratch though.

Im more intrigued that they get the initial price from a different source, doesn't seem like the best source
Old Dec 6, 2012, 9:25 am
Suspended

Programs: BA Gold, BA Lounge Rats, BA Audit Survivors, CW Kitchen Defender, CX Noodle Connoisseurs Club
How many people on the booking?

Maybe there's only one seat for £208.80 but since you need more it quotes the higher price?
Old Dec 6, 2012, 9:29 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by PanGalactic
How many people on the booking?

Maybe there's only one seat for £208.80 but since you need more it quotes the higher price?
There's two but it says "£208.80 per adult to upgrade to Club World on this flight"...so if that is the case, its still an error
Old Dec 6, 2012, 10:02 am

There's two but it says "£208.80 per adult to upgrade to Club World on this flight"...so if that is the case, its still an error
There could be only one seat left at £208.80, in which case you will not get that price if there are two in the booking.
Old Dec 6, 2012, 11:14 am
Original Poster

There could be only one seat left at £208.80, in which case you will not get that price if there are two in the booking.
As I say it says 208.80 per adult, so its still wrong somewhere!
Old Dec 6, 2012, 11:22 am

As I say it says 208.80 per adult, so its still wrong somewhere!
What I am saying is that it's probably irrelevant that it says "per adult". Even if there is only one seat left at that price, it will probably still show the lowest upgrade fare for one passenger. I doubt the system is clever enough to do display the [lower fare difference + higher fare difference]/2 in the case of there being two passengers on the booking but there is only one seat at the lowest fare, if it is indeed the case that there is only one special offer fare left.

Does it say "special online offer" or something to that effect?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.