Wiki Posts
Search

BA Customer Relations

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4, 2012, 8:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Silver
Thumbs up BA Customer Relations

Not sure if this belongs somewhere else, but here goes..

Had an awful pair of BA flights last week on Friday/Saturday. Outbound LHR > CDG was delayed by around 45 mins and on Saturday my first CDG > LHR (12.45) was cancelled [fog] and the second (14.45) was delayed by an hour.

On a short hop it can be really irritating when delays happen so I was pretty hacked off (plus I was late to my brothers engagement party on Saturday due to the late arrival and of course London Underground..). The inbound captain's apology for the 'slight' delay (1 hour delay on a 50 minute flight) didn't do much to perk up my mood.

Anyway, gave BA a call today and I must say customer relations were great. I just wanted to rant really and quite honestly I probably expected 1,000 avios or so as a goodwill gesture - but I got significantly more, which made me feel like the extent of my complaint had been fully appreciated. It doesn't make up for being late to a big family party, but it is some consolation!

This isn't the first time I've had to call them but every time I've been very impressed with their service and attitude. Perhaps it's good they're closed on weekends because I don't think I'd have been as polite on Saturday afternoon!

Sometimes I wonder why I pay a premium to fly BA.. experiences like this answer that question for me..
Old Dec 4, 2012, 9:05 am
Suspended

Programs: BA Gold, BA Lounge Rats, BA Audit Survivors, CW Kitchen Defender, CX Noodle Connoisseurs Club
Originally Posted by nerdyasif
quite honestly I probably expected 1,000 avios or so as a goodwill gesture - but I got significantly more,
Care to elaborate with an amount?

It's quite OK to talk about "money" here on FT even though it's not normally the done thing in British culture

There's another thread going on here at the moment where BA seems to have given a far more a generous payout than would normally be expected. Maybe it's a new policy?
Old Dec 4, 2012, 9:17 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Silver
Hehe, funny you should say that! I was going to mention the amount and second-guessed myself out of it.. But, as you asked, it was 20k.

I did feel it was on the high side, but needless to say I didn't complain

That's usually the amount I'd expect for a long-haul CW complaint. Then again, two delays and one cancellation in 24 hours is pretty poor form I guess.
Old Dec 4, 2012, 9:55 am

Programs: BA GfL, TK *G+
20k for a minor delay and fog. thats enough for 2 rtn trips to Paris!

did you complain to LU as well, would be interested to hear what Boris gave you as compo
Old Dec 4, 2012, 10:03 am

Last edited by angatol; Mar 1, 2015 at 1:02 am
Old Dec 4, 2012, 10:50 am

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
I had a recent niggle with the IFE on a couple of flights recently. I called the first time to say a thank you to the crew and mention the IFE issue. The second time within the week I couldn't call but decided to email instead. The email was picked up within a couple of days by the same CS agent and the response was personal, addressed the issue, hardly any cut & paste. Very good all round and nice to get a professional response both on the phone and by email. A big thumbs up to Customer Relations on this one..
Old Dec 4, 2012, 11:09 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
I must admit, I've only been flying BA for a few months, but the customer service from BAEC is a cut above what I've been used to with EK.

One of the reasons I've started to choose to fly BA.
Old Dec 4, 2012, 2:48 pm

I e-mailed a complaint approx 3 weeks ago, had the auto reply but nothing since.

Is their backlog that long? Do I need to chase it or should I just sit and wait patiently?
Old Dec 4, 2012, 3:19 pm

Programs: BA Silver, PC Plat, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by AllTheNines:19796061
I e-mailed a complaint approx 3 weeks ago, had the auto reply but nothing since.

Is their backlog that long? Do I need to chase it or should I just sit and wait patiently?
I think a polite reminder wouldn't be out of order given the wait. Like others, I've received "custom" responses from the same member of staff when emailing, usually within a day.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.