Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA Lounge Database | Far East

Search this Thread

Old Sep 26, 2017, 2:04 am

Originally Posted by criso
As long as BA refresh my status before friday I should be silver for my return trip SIN - LHR. I will probably head to the airport straight from work with the flight leaving at 23:15 so will have a few hours to kill and probably want to eat.

Looking at the lounge database on BA's site it seem to suggest I could use either the BA or the Qantas lounge as it says

"Access for eligible customers traveling on any oneworld member airline" and lists both sapphire and emerald as eligible classes.

Have I interpreted that correctly?

Is is also still the general consensus that that the Qantas lounge is better? Also which is likely to be quieter from 8pm onwards?
Yes you can use either. The odd BA loyalist aside the general consensus is the Qantas lounge is superior although with a few hours to kill you could see for yourself, they are right next to each other.

Both airlines have flights leaving late evening. The QF lounge is bigger but in my experience a lot of BA/CX passengers use it so its hard to say which will be busier.
Old Sep 26, 2017, 7:11 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Thanks. Of course it all depends on my status updating on time otherwise I won't be able to use either.
Old Sep 27, 2017, 5:26 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors Diamond; A3 *Nothing ; BA Exec. Club Gold
Originally Posted by Geoggy
Just to check from what i've read - we are flying Club from KUL to LHR - we should head to the KUL Platinum Lounge as that is the best one? We have 6 hour layover from our flight into KUL on Air Asia from Vietnam.
Do you have any status?
I flew from KUL earlier this week and as a BA Gold could use the Malaysia Airlines golden lounge, first class section.

I don't know the platinum lounge.

For sure you can use the MH Golden Lounge business class section.

Globalist

Last edited by Globalist; Sep 27, 2017 at 5:35 am Reason: Dumb typo
Old Sep 27, 2017, 5:31 am

Programs: RJ Gold, AZ E+, Air Asia Platinum
Originally Posted by Globalist
Do you have any status?
I flew from KUL earlier this week and as a BA Gold could use the Malaysia Airlines golden lounge, fist class section.

I don't know the platinum lounge.

For sure you can use the MH Golden Lounge business class section.

Globalist
Platinum Lounge= First Class Section of the Golden Lounge.
Old Oct 30, 2017, 5:15 am

The new CX lounge in Singapore T4 opens tomorrow, press preview taken place already:

https://www.ausbt.com.au/cathay-paci...s-class-lounge

I am not sure if it counts as BA eligible for the purposes of this guide as you cannot access T4 without a boarding pass for a flight from that terminal. Anyway I am there on Wednesday and can happily get a picture if images are needed.
Old Oct 30, 2017, 6:12 am

Programs: British Airways Executive Club Gold
The Deck at HKG which used to be the G16 lounge will be open in January!
Old Dec 13, 2017, 5:12 am

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Geoggy
Just to check from what i've read - we are flying Club from KUL to LHR - we should head to the KUL Platinum Lounge as that is the best one? We have 6 hour layover from our flight into KUL on Air Asia from Vietnam.
note to self : BA check in desks at KUL don’t open until 3 hours before flight time. Why I didn’t think of that I don’t know. Spending arduous 3 hours in the KLIA Premium Access lounge which I was told was the only lounge before security in the airport.

food poor - drinks worse. But it’s about 4 degrees cooler than the main terminal and quiet so probably worth the 16USD we had to pay. Only 40 minutes until check in opens. Hooray
Old Mar 24, 2018, 4:22 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel
Original Poster

Recent changes at BKK, HKG, and KUL added to the directory. Note, Cathay Pacific's lovely Cabin lounge will be closing at the end of April
Old Sep 14, 2018, 8:18 am

Programs: BAEC (Gold), PC (Plat), HH (Gold), MR (Gold)
Bubbles updates for HND:

CX doesn’t have any (I have visited twice, once a year ago and once this week).

JL Sakura and Sakura Skyview were Cava-only this week. I’ve never visited these before so this is my only data point.
Old Nov 3, 2018, 12:35 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel
Original Poster

Update on the Qantas Hong Kong Lounge. The rear exit only door is now operational again. I was informed it is unlocked at intermittent times of the day but is available for use when BA flights are called.
Old Nov 3, 2018, 5:19 am

Programs: BA GGL, CCR; RyanAir MillionMiler :( ;
Originally Posted by Prospero
Update on the Qantas Hong Kong Lounge. The rear exit only door is now operational again. I was informed it is unlocked at intermittent times of the day but is available for use when BA flights are called.
i am leaving hong kong on QR tomorrow. Suggestions for best lounge for a couple of hours please? Im guessing this secret door to BA plane wont be any use to me?!
Old Nov 3, 2018, 7:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by wanderingjock
i am leaving hong kong on QR tomorrow. Suggestions for best lounge for a couple of hours please? Im guessing this secret door to BA plane wont be any use to me?!
Hi,

Although the oneworld.com site says for Qatar the lounge is Plaza Premium , you can use any oneworld lounge.

Assuming you do not have a Oneworld Emerald card, travelling in J gives you access to

Qantas
Cathay The Wing J
Cathay The Pier J
Cathay The Deck
Cathay The Bridge

I like the Pier J ( last time at the Bridge I found it a little crowded) and the Deck ( very close to the Qantas lounge)

Ah, sorry on my tablet I did not see your BAEC Gold status in your profile.

In which case you have also
Cathay The Wing F
Cathay The Pier F

Both are very good ( I personally like the Pier better) but the Wing is close to security from landside and has a dedicated champagne bar ( you can try all of them if time permits but it is a bit of a walk from the Wing to the Pier)

Regards

TBS
wanderingjock likes this.
Old Nov 3, 2018, 8:19 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by wanderingjock
Yesterday's QR boarded from Gate 34 (or thereabouts) so the Bridge or Pier would be convenient for that one.
wanderingjock likes this.
Old Nov 4, 2018, 4:01 am

Not technically a BA accessible lounge but i know a lot use it - as of tomorrow the CX Arrivals lounge at HKG will be closing. The nearby Plaza Premium arrivals lounge will also close at some point soon as the whole area is being redeveloped for the 3rd runway.
Old Nov 25, 2018, 5:32 pm

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, A3*Gold, AA Plat, HH Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Marriott Plat
ICN

BA now gives Gold card holders an invitation to the Asiana First Lounge. Very nice it is too with fine food and drink options including Champagne and Hagen Dazs ice cream

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.