Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA Lounge Database | Far East

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1, 2012, 6:25 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel
Original Poster

Arrow BA Lounge Database | Far East

Background image credit: Foster+Partners

i Preface
Welcome to the Far East edition of the BA Lounge Database. This thread contains details of all the lounges currently available to BA passengers in this region. Each lounge card contains basic reference information plus a background image, carefully selected to provide you with a flavour of what's in store at each location. Links to comprehensive member reviews, pictorial, and discussion threads relating to individual lounges will be added in due course.

If you typically use a mobile app to browse the site, you will instantly notice a sub-optimal presentation. This thread does happen to be image intensive and I make no apologies for this. So using a standard web browser is definitely recommended.

Please note while best efforts are taken to keep abreast of the opening hours listed in this thread (and on the oneworld lounge site), lounge opening times are subject to routine changes. At outstations, the hours of opening at BA operated/contract lounges are reliably adjusted to align with BA’s flight schedules.

For full information on lounge access eligibility, we have a separate thread covering that: BA lounge access guidelines. All the information you need is contained there.

ii Index
The database is organised in alphabetical order by country, then city. Please follow the section links below:

China
Hong Kong
Japan
Malaysia
Singapore
South Korea
Thailand

iii Other regions

Last edited by Prospero; Oct 24, 2020 at 4:25 am
Old Dec 1, 2012, 6:26 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel
Original Poster

China

PKX Beijing Daxing

The "BCS International Premier Lounge" is also available to BA passengers, located near Gate E93. More information to follow

PVG Shanghai Pudong

Last edited by Prospero; Oct 24, 2020 at 4:25 am Reason: Update Beijing
Old Dec 1, 2012, 6:26 pm
Original Poster

Hong Kong

HKG Hong Kong First Class Lounges

HKG Hong Kong Business Class Lounges

Note: the rear exit which provides a convenient shortcut to Gates 15 and 16 is operational when the BA flights are called. For more information on the QF lounge and to join the discussion, see Hong Kong International Business Lounge

Genius1 shared a pictorial review of The Wing, The Cabin, The Bridge, and Qantas business class lounges here

Last edited by Prospero; Oct 24, 2020 at 4:25 am Reason: Gate updates
Old Dec 1, 2012, 6:27 pm
Original Poster

Japan

KIX Osaka Kansai

HND Tokyo Haneda
Note: Japan Airlines is currently refurbishing its lounges at Haneda. The refurbishment programme started 1 July 2019 with the closure of the Sakura Lounge Skyview (due to reopen at the end of October), with phased closures of other lounges to follow. The works in full is due for completion at the end of March 2020.

Not a lounge but certainly an interesting place to kill a few hours

Last edited by Prospero; Oct 24, 2020 at 4:26 am Reason: Remove NRT
Old Dec 1, 2012, 6:28 pm
Original Poster

Malaysia

KUL Kuala Lumpur

Last edited by Prospero; Oct 24, 2020 at 4:27 am Reason: General update
Original Poster

Singapore

SIN Singapore

SIN lounge & Concorde Bar Concept

Current evening hours: 17:30 to 20:00 and 22:30 to 02:30

Last edited by Prospero; Oct 24, 2020 at 4:27 am Reason: Update SIN
Original Poster

South Korea

ICN Seoul

Last edited by Prospero; Oct 24, 2020 at 4:28 am Reason: General update
Old Dec 1, 2012, 6:29 pm
Original Poster

Thailand

BKK Bangkok

Last edited by Prospero; Oct 24, 2020 at 4:28 am Reason: Update JL lounge
Old Dec 2, 2012, 8:58 am
Original Poster

Thank-you to all who have assisted with this project over the past months and years even. While the re-construction of the lounge database continues, I am pleased to be able to launch this section, which as you can see synchronises nicely with the new routes BA is launching in December, and more importantly the Grand FT Seoul Excursion.

While this is largely intended as a reference thread, I'd like to encourage the discussion, joy, and criticism of particular lounges, so please do feel free to join the existing thread discussions or start a new thread if none currently exist. The images are brighter than before and the text is larger. Also the lounge cards are a fraction of their previous size and now much less demanding on bandwidth, which I know many of us will appreciate especially when accessing the information on the move.

If you have any comments relating to the information displayed in the lounge cards within this section, please add your comments here.
Old Dec 2, 2012, 9:13 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
BKK Qantas / BA lounges - the opening hours have changed to take account of the flights running out of BKK. The sign on the Business lounge says 1530 opening, and on First it says 1700 hrs. However last week they were rather later than that in actually opening (I suspect because the incoming BA flight was a bit late).

BKK Cathay lounge - more or less OK, but there are actually 2 lounges. One in the G area as described, and another lounge nearer the E/G intersection (and the first one you will come across from check-in, but not from West Flight Connections).

HKG Cathay First Wing remains closed until the CNY 2013. But it will be great when it re-opens!

Last edited by corporate-wage-slave; Dec 2, 2012 at 9:19 am
Old Dec 2, 2012, 9:59 am

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
Although I did not use them last week, I am pretty sure that there are showers in the HKG QF/BA First lounge at the end of a corridor passed the WCs?
Old Dec 2, 2012, 10:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by TravellerFrequently
Although I did not use them last week, I am pretty sure that there are showers in the HKG QF/BA First lounge at the end of a corridor passed the WCs?
I believe this to be the case: although I haven't been in this lounge for a little while myself, there always have been showers in this lounge dating right back to when it housed both the first and business class lounges for BA and QF.
Old Dec 2, 2012, 12:35 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Globaliser
I believe this to be the case: although I haven't been in this lounge for a little while myself, there always have been showers in this lounge dating right back to when it housed both the first and business class lounges for BA and QF.
Yes there are definitely showers in the Qantas first lounge in HKG, turn right at the main food area, into the back alcove, to the main WC area and the showers are at the end.
Old Dec 3, 2012, 7:22 pm

Are you interested in lounges BA/OW members can access but that BA doesn't currently fly to? If so i can help update as i travel around the region.
Old Dec 3, 2012, 8:55 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Originally Posted by phol
Are you interested in lounges BA/OW members can access but that BA doesn't currently fly to? If so i can help update as i travel around the region.
Thank you, but I think we are trying to focus on airports to which BA fly at the moment.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.