Search

BA Lounge Database | Far East

Search this Thread

Old Nov 25, 2018, 5:38 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Tafflyer
ICN

BA now gives Gold card holders an invitation to the Asiana First Lounge. Very nice it is too with fine food and drink options including Champagne and Hagen Dazs ice cream
I am sure I used the Asiana F lounge a few years ago when in CW? Has something changed? I think I was HBO on that trip so just went to the Asiana lounge and got pointed to the F side.
Old Nov 26, 2018, 5:52 pm

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, A3*Gold, AA Plat, HH Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by KARFA

I am sure I used the Asiana F lounge a few years ago when in CW? Has something changed? I think I was HBO on that trip so just went to the Asiana lounge and got pointed to the F side.
I don’t know if it has changed but it was different to what appeared in the lounge options for ICN.
Old Dec 4, 2018, 3:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
FWIW, an email just received from CX says:-
CLUB NOTICE

Operational hours change for The Wing, First and Business Class and The Deck

From 16 December 2018, The Wing, First and Business Class lounges at Hong Kong International Airport will extend their daily operations from 5:30am until the last departure. The Deck will open from 5:30am to 00:30am – the same as The Bridge and The Pier First and Business Class lounges. We welcome eligible members at our highly acclaimed lounges to rest and unwind before flying.
I can't actually see any difference between these "new" hours and those in the individual lounge entries in the lounge post for HKG. But if present lounge hours are actually different from what's stated in the HKG lounge post, they're changing back.
Old Dec 4, 2018, 5:05 am
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by Globaliser
FWIW, an email just received from CX says:-I can't actually see any difference between these "new" hours and those in the individual lounge entries in the lounge post for HKG. But if present lounge hours are actually different from what's stated in the HKG lounge post, they're changing back.
For a while CX tried to close their large lounges at 12.30am and leave the Deck open only. If you’ve been to the Deck you would have known this was a bad idea, but apparently CX wasn’t able to foresee problems. They are now closing all lounges at 12.30am except for The Wing.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cath...tead-wing.html

Also, The Cabin which is listed in this thread has now closed
permanently.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 7:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by 1010101
The new CX lounge in Singapore T4 opens tomorrow, press preview taken place already:

https://www.ausbt.com.au/cathay-paci...s-class-lounge

I am not sure if it counts as BA eligible for the purposes of this guide as you cannot access T4 without a boarding pass for a flight from that terminal.
I wonder whether this might nevertheless be a good place to put some notes about connecting from T1 (eg a BA arrival) to a CX flight at T4.

The airside bus from the T1/T2/T3 complex departs from gate F51 in T2. Without using either the Skytrain or any travelators, it took me about 15 minutes to walk from gate D46 (T1) where my A380 had arrived. If arriving at C25 (T1) or thereabouts, which is where many BA arrivals end up, the walking time to F51 would probably be about 5-ish minutes more than that.

T4 has centralised security, so the system is that you are security-cleared at F51 before boarding the airside bus. Your boarding pass for T4 needs to be checked at a desk immediately outside the gate before security will allow you to proceed.

When the bus arrives at T4, your boarding pass is checked again before you're allowed into the terminal proper, but there is no further security check either here or at the gate. From here, there are escalators up to departures/gate level.

However, if you're heading for the CX lounge, that is on a mezzanine floor above departures/gate level. The most efficient way to get there would seem to be to take the lift directly to that floor. When you emerge from the lift, you will be looking across the landing at the entrance to the CX lounge (the first photo below).

The _Banking_Scot likes this.
Old Mar 14, 2019, 4:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

After the gate renumbering at HKG that takes effect on 28 March 2019 (Hong Kong gate renumbering - effective 28 March 2019), The Deck will be near gate 6. This is not a change of physical location, just a change of the gate number.

I see that our slide for the Qantas lounge describes the entrance as "reception near Gate 15". Strictly speaking this is true, and so for the same reason it will be near gate 5 from 28 March 2019 (again with no change of physical location). However, the entrance is actually on L7 in any event, just after north security and one level above the gates (L6).

As far as I can see, the renumbering affects none of the other HKG lounges listed in the relevant post in this thread (BA Lounge Database | Far East).
The _Banking_Scot likes this.
Old Apr 28, 2019, 7:59 am

Are there any Landside Lounge facilities in BKK (two passengers arriving on different flights and want to meet in BKK before going into the City)

Alternatively any thoughts on the best place to wait landside after International Arrivals ?

Thanks

Last edited by petez; Apr 28, 2019 at 8:03 am Reason: .
Old Apr 28, 2019, 9:49 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by petez
Are there any Landside Lounge facilities in BKK (two passengers arriving on different flights and want to meet in BKK before going into the City)

Alternatively any thoughts on the best place to wait landside after International Arrivals ?

Thanks
There are no 'lounges' landside but if you head to the ground floor (follow signs for taxi and bus) there is a cafeteria at the far left (as you come down the stairs, taxis are to the right) where you will be able to purchase refreshments.
Old Apr 28, 2019, 10:26 am

Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
There are no 'lounges' landside but if you head to the ground floor (follow signs for taxi and bus) there is a cafeteria at the far left (as you come down the stairs, taxis are to the right) where you will be able to purchase refreshments.
Great - thanks for that
Old May 12, 2019, 2:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Osaka

Hi,

Is there any news on which lounge BA pax can use at Osaka Kansai following the new route launch please?

Regards

TBS
Old May 20, 2019, 10:29 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Osaka Kansai KIX
Sakura Lounge

Some notes about the lounge facility for BA new route to Osaka Kansai (KIX), Japan.

The Sakura lounge is provided by JAL and is to be found between gates 37 and 38. BA uses gate 36 so it’s just a minute or two away from the departure gate. It’s not well signposted, so it is worth memorising those gate numbers. The photo below shows is gate 38 in the background. There is a BA Speedmarque on sign outside the lounge.

Most of Kansai’s European flights depart from the South concourse of Terminal 1. This is linked by a pair of short transits that ply the route from the main terminal building. So long as the destination is South it doesn’t matter which transit you use, though one does terminate at gate 37. International departures are based on floor 4, domestic is segregated by being based on floor 2.

App and self printed boarding passes work so if HBO you can do straight to the lounge via any International security point, passport control and the South bound transit. My experience was that this process was swift and efficient as one perhaps would expect. If checking in hold luggage you are given a lounge invitation card, but the lounge agents can manage without it.

The lounge, while perfectly pleasant, comfortable and calm, probably isn’t worth a long visit. The food and drink options are fairly restricted, though generous by JAL’s domestic standards. Certainly less than Heathrow’s Galleries Club lounges. It’s not particularly large either, I would guess Edinburgh has a bigger (and better) lounge. There’s no extra provision for Golds/Emeralds.

The photo below shows the full alcohol provision, though there were 3 lagers in self serve machines (Asai Super Dry, Premium and Suntory Premium). There are also coffee and tea machines, water and juices in large jugs and another machine dispensing soda, Coke Cola and Canada Dry products off the pump.

The food offering is also fairly limited, sandwiches and yoghurt in the fridge, bread rolls, two soups, rice and a pair of Japanese salad snacks (marinated horse mackerel, simmered pumpkin).

The main lounge seating area overlooks the apron / ramp, though BA’s 787 was out of sight, so we had to admire an Air France 777-200 instead. At the back is a quieter area away from daylight, and a fairly large room for smokers connected via sliding glass doors. There are a few work desks and chairs in a corner, but the lounge is generously provided with power points (USA style 110v 2 pins only, no USB).

The smokers' room

BA’s flight was announced in the lounge.

======

The following is to help Prospero prepare a lounge flashcard.

Terminal 1 Airside between gates 37 and 38 South Concourse

07:00 to 22:00 hrs

Standard oneworld access rules

Food
Self service buffet with a limited selection of Asian and Western snacks and sandwiches. Soup, rice, Japanese salad items also available.

Beers, wines, spirits, juices, soft drinks, water, tea and coffee.

Free hi-speed wifi, a few PC workstations, local Japanese and English language newspapers.

WCs inside lounge.
Old May 20, 2019, 1:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Hi,

Thanks very much for this c-w-s!

I will be probably be back in KIX in July ( flew out of KIX in April on Cathay but Cathay uses the Pacific ( third party lounge) lounge in the North wing and the lunch selection was ok ( no outdoor windows) flying BA ( probably inbound via TYO to ITM and then back on the 788)

Regards

TBS
Old Jul 17, 2019, 7:13 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel
Original Poster

Just a quick update to report Cathay Pacific's lounge at Shanghai Pu Dong is up and running again after quite a lengthy refurbishment. Recreated by London based Studioilse, I have high expectations.

For further details and discussion: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cath...ly-2019-a.html

Last edited by Prospero; Jul 17, 2019 at 7:24 am
Old Oct 15, 2019, 11:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

JAL F lounge at HND closing 29/10 to March 2020

Hi,

From this post ( from Post#6) , the JAL F lounge at HND will be closed for refurbishment from 29th October to end March 2020.

Other lounges will continue to be available

Personally, I hope the Red Suite section of the lounge is kept.

Regards

TBS
Old Jan 29, 2020, 1:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

As posted here by djsflynn - New SIN lounge option for BA12, BA15 & BA16: Qatar Airways 'Premium Lounge' - there is now a new option at SIN T1 in the form of a new QR lounge.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.