Old Jun 30, 2015, 3:57 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: S_W_S
European BA destinations without lounge access.
As investigated by FlyerTalk's very own c-w-s. (See post.)

No lounge, and no other lounge in airport: Typically these airports also have very limited facilities airside
BGO, BIA, BIQ, CFU, CHQ, CMF, EFL, EGC, FDH, FSC, FUE, GNB, GRX, JSI, JTR, KGS, KLX, LEI, LIG, MAH, MJV, NTE, OVD, PUY (their VIP lounge isn't available to passengers), PVK, UIP, ZTH (LCY has an external lounge in a separate building, so in the CIP category).

No lounge, but vouchers provided
LPA perhaps temporarily as of 1 May 2019

No lounge for BA, but there is for other airlines / Priority Pass
ACE, CAG (see this post), CGN (route suspended), FNC, HER (lounge opening times restricted), HUY (route suspended), KRK, OLB (BA charter CE can use lounge however), OPO, NUE (lounge is airside but register landside) Lounge at NUE now available to BA PAX (see this post), PMO (lounge closed until end of 2022), SKG , SPU, STR, SVQ. For RHO (see this post), TLL (route suspended).

No lounge for BA, but airport CIP lounge available
BDS (but very limited in scope, €25 online), BJV (€25 walk up fee), JMK (also PP), LCY (separate building), MPL (€18),

New routes with lounge
AAL, BIO, FLR, INV, KRK, VLC.

Print Wikipost

BA Lounge Database | Europe

Old Nov 28, 2012, 1:48 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel
Original Poster

Spain

ALC Alicante

LEI Almería
There is no lounge at this airport. There is an expansive roof top terrace and bar.

ACE Arrecife

OVD Asturias
There is no lounge at this airport

BCN Barcelona

BIO Bilbao

FUE Fuerteventura
No lounge available to BA passengers

GRX Granada

LPA Gran Canaria

April 2019 update: lounge contract expired. Eligible passengers receive a €10 voucher at check-in

IBZ Ibiza

MAD Madrid

Pictorial Lounge Review: MAD Iberia Premium Lounge Velázquez

If accessing from the main gate area, this lounge is adjacent to gate J49 on the upper (security) level.

AGP Malaga

MAH Menorca

PMI Palma de Mallorca

Please note, Sala Llevant is closed during the winter season

EAS San Sebastián
New route starting 10 July 2020. Lounge provision TBC

SVQ Seville

TFS Tenerife South

VLC Valencia

Last edited by Prospero; Oct 24, 2020 at 3:59 am Reason: ALC BCN BIO PMI TFS and VLC updated (thank you PG, volar, flatlander, marconess, TheOldMan and Oaxaca);
Old Nov 28, 2012, 1:48 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel
Original Poster

Sweden

GOT Gothenburg

ARN Stockholm Arlanda

BMA Stockholm Bromma

Last edited by Prospero; Oct 24, 2020 at 3:59 am Reason: add BMA (for Sun-Air passengers)
Old Nov 28, 2012, 1:49 pm
Original Poster

Switzerland

BSL Basel

GVA Geneva

ZRH Zurich

Last edited by Prospero; Oct 24, 2020 at 3:59 am Reason: update GVA
Old Nov 28, 2012, 1:49 pm
Original Poster

Turkey

AYT Antalya
New route starts 30 April 2020. Lounge provision TBC

BJV Bodrum
Seasonal route, operating summer only. No lounge available to BA passengers

DLM Dalaman

IST Istanbul

Last edited by Prospero; Oct 24, 2020 at 3:59 am Reason: Update IST; add DLM
Old Dec 2, 2012, 8:55 am
Original Poster

Thank-you to all who have assisted with this project over the past months and years even. While the re-construction of the lounge database continues, I am pleased to be able to launch this section, which as you can see synchronises nicely with the new routes BA is launching in December.

While this is largely intended as a reference thread, I'd like to encourage the discussion, joy, and criticism of particular lounges, so please do feel free to join the existing thread discussions or start a new thread if none currently exist. The images are brighter than before and the text is larger. Also the lounge cards are a fraction of their previous size and now much less demanding on bandwidth, which I know many of us will appreciate especially when accessing the information on the move.

If you have any comments relating to the information displayed in the lounge cards within this section, please add your comments here.
Old Dec 2, 2012, 10:05 am

Programs: Mucci, BAEC Silver, Scandic 3rd Floor, PC Pleb, FB Off White, Tufty Club
Hi Prospero, a great resource

As I think I pointed out on another thread, the OSL lounge does have PCs available. And there is also a room that can be booked for meetings/conference calls etc.
Old Dec 2, 2012, 10:24 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Silver, HHonors Gold
Hi Prospero, These and the other lounge threads are superb.

One small pernickety point. LIN is Milan Linate (not Linati)
Old Dec 2, 2012, 10:44 am

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
As of August, there was no champagne or sparkling wine in the third party DUS lounge, despite the availability of flute glasses.
Old Dec 2, 2012, 11:00 am

Excellent guide!

Just a short note on SZG; despite there not being a lounge, you should get a €10 voucher to spend airside. I believe Prosecco is €4 a glass.
Old Dec 2, 2012, 11:07 am
formerly rxfleming

Programs: BA GGL, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Plat Elite
I thought BSL was local sparking wine - available to pour by the glass yourselves instead of ' on request ' champagne - though I haven't been there since August so may be wrong!
Old Dec 2, 2012, 12:25 pm

ALC is missing from Spain

Originally Posted by Hannibal Lecter
The ALC lounge is used by all alliances.
There's not a lot to eat, some tapas, croissants, chips(if you are American, crisps if you are British), peanuts, toast for breakfast.
Plenty of soft drinks but If you want something stronger than San Miguel you'll have to ask for it.

Old Dec 3, 2012, 6:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, BA, Mucci: Sir Roger des Directions Routičres, PCR
Originally Posted by rxfleming
... BSL ... though I haven't been there since August so may be wrong!
Not saying you're wrong as I haven't been there since before you, but there has been a management change.

AIUI (from posts in the SWISS forum), the BSL lounge is no longer a SWISS lounge but is operated on behalf of the airport with different access rules.

I just hope they still have delicious Mövenpick ice cream and fresh orange juice next time.
Old Dec 3, 2012, 11:00 am
formerly rxfleming

Programs: BA GGL, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Plat Elite
Originally Posted by Roger
Not saying you're wrong as I haven't been there since before you, but there has been a management change.

AIUI (from posts in the SWISS forum), the BSL lounge is no longer a SWISS lounge but is operated on behalf of the airport with different access rules.

I just hope they still have delicious Mövenpick ice cream and fresh orange juice next time.
Well that's crap! That lounge was a haven for those of us who liked the local sparkling wine. Was a haven of tranquility and taking a full bottle of that beautiful stuff to your 'lounger seat' was the highlight of my travel to BSL.
Drat. Certainly hope this is not the case!
Old Dec 3, 2012, 2:29 pm

Programs: BA Gold (OWE), SAS Diamond (*G)
If I'm not mistaken, the spa at HEL has been enhanced into oblivion: see here.
Old Dec 4, 2012, 12:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Do we have confirmation that the BA lounges at MXP, GVA and IST are Galleries Club lounges, and not Terraces lounges still?

The pictures for these three lounges show the Terraces concept, and I have not read any reports that they have been refurbished yet.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.