Old Jun 30, 2015, 3:57 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: S_W_S
European BA destinations without lounge access.
As investigated by FlyerTalk's very own c-w-s. (See post.)

No lounge, and no other lounge in airport: Typically these airports also have very limited facilities airside
BGO, BIA, BIQ, CFU, CHQ, CMF, EFL, EGC, FDH, FSC, FUE, GNB, GRX, JSI, JTR, KGS, KLX, LEI, LIG, MAH, MJV, NTE, OVD, PUY (their VIP lounge isn't available to passengers), PVK, UIP, ZTH (LCY has an external lounge in a separate building, so in the CIP category).

No lounge, but vouchers provided
LPA perhaps temporarily as of 1 May 2019

No lounge for BA, but there is for other airlines / Priority Pass
ACE, CAG (see this post), CGN (route suspended), FNC, HER (lounge opening times restricted), HUY (route suspended), KRK, OLB (BA charter CE can use lounge however), OPO, NUE (lounge is airside but register landside) Lounge at NUE now available to BA PAX (see this post), PMO (lounge closed until end of 2022), SKG , SPU, STR, SVQ. For RHO (see this post), TLL (route suspended).

No lounge for BA, but airport CIP lounge available
BDS (but very limited in scope, 25 online), BJV (25 walk up fee), JMK (also PP), LCY (separate building), MPL (18),

New routes with lounge
AAL, BIO, FLR, INV, KRK, VLC.

Print Wikipost

BA Lounge Database | Europe

Old May 19, 2013, 1:05 pm

Programs: BA Gold,Aeroplan, Miles&More (Silver), United Gold
Yes, I enjoyed Zurich lounge recently, good food selection, simple but tasty spag Bol and i remember the desserts being good. One the better Euro lounges I've visited.
Old Jun 3, 2013, 1:22 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Prospero
Yesterday BA announced a new lounge at ZRH for BA (and oneworld) passengers
  • Wine Corner serving fine wines
  • Latest-generation Sony with complimentary Wi-Fi connection
  • Work facilities including printer, scanner and copier
  • Comfortable seating for 100 customers
  • Top design furnishings in the finest new fabrics
  • Three large walls of art to create an inspiring atmosphere
[/INDENT]
Couple of photos of the new lounge. They are only Iphone ones so I won't be offended if you don't use them.

One observation - even in this new lounge there's only 1 hour of free wifi on offer by way of a voucher from the front desk. They will not give you a second voucher even if your flight is delayed. There is no warning on the voucher that it is only for an hour (nor any warning that I could see whilst online) so make sure you save any work you are doing online. A very disappointing policy for a new lounge.

Even more bizarre is that the Sony tablets give you unlimited online time but only, it would seem, for browsing. I couldn't get it to bring up a keyboard for entering text on a web page (such as Flyertalk) or entering data on the BA website (to make a complaint about the lack of wifi without limits in the ZRH lounge).

Old Jun 3, 2013, 1:47 pm

Originally Posted by Genius1
The CPH Apartment lounge is only for oneworld Emeralds, I believe.

CE and oneworld Sapphire definitely doesn't grant access - I am currently in the really rather poor Novia lounge. There's a reasonable view of the taxiway, but food selection looks Baxter-Storey like (), and it's rather crowded.
Always last year being AB*G and BA*S was sent to CPH Apartment...
Old Jun 3, 2013, 1:55 pm

Hello white_russian guy (In Swenglish), or is it Belarus_guy?

While this is extremely OT, I am curious to know how come a member based in Sweden chose this user name?! You can PM me in Swedish if you like.

/Petrus
Old Jun 3, 2013, 2:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by vitrysk_kille
Always last year being AB*G and BA*S was sent to CPH Apartment...
Are you saying BA Silver gets access to the Apartment lounge? I was refused, even after showing my Silver card.

(I'm not clear what the * means in your post, considering we're not talking about Star Alliance, but oneworld.)
Old Jun 3, 2013, 2:12 pm

Originally Posted by Genius1
Are you saying BA Silver gets access to the Apartment lounge? I was refused, even after showing my Silver card.

(I'm not clear what the * means in your post, considering we're not talking about Star Alliance, but oneworld.)
Yes, exactly. Can confirm that being BA Silver and flying mostly AirBerlin was always at CPH Apartment since it got agreement with OneWorld. Your experience seems as summer-employee who not learned yet all variety of cards... Like last time I was told that "Silver cards do not grant access to lounges!" at the same place. Luckily supervisor was not so far...
Old Jun 6, 2013, 12:05 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel
Original Poster

RTM added
Old Jun 10, 2013, 1:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
One update and one non-update, not in that order: I'm currently sat in GOT where the lounge is precisely as described above (except that the dishwasher is packed up so it's all disposables today).

DUB needs to be updated as the temporary lounge in pier B is finished and it's back to where the old BD lounge used to be, except with DAA's service standards.
Old Aug 17, 2013, 3:42 pm

Programs: BA Gold; HH Gold; M&M; PS Classic; VV Silver (deceased); BD Silver (deceased).
KBP Kiev
BA now departs from terminal D. Airport lounge, airside on mezzanine floor up stairs either side of passport control. Facilities as per old lounge in terminal F.
Old Aug 17, 2013, 4:14 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel
Original Poster

Originally Posted by heartybob
BA now departs from terminal D. Airport lounge, airside on mezzanine floor up stairs either side of passport control. Facilities as per old lounge in terminal F.
Thanks for that. The KBP slide has now been updated
Old Aug 28, 2013, 5:00 pm

HEL Helsinki

Champagne is now free at Finnair non-Schengen lounge. Sparkling wine is offered at the Schengen and non-Schengen lounges (N.B. Schengen-lounge is now used by some BA customers after introducing many BA-coded flights after introducing the joint North America flights to Europe AY/IB/AA/BA.)
Old Sep 5, 2013, 6:25 am

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by jackowilkinson
Just a quick update on FRA:

My 915 flight back tonight is delayed, so I've gone on a tour of the lounges and the Cathay pacific lounge is open still at 8pm local time.

The CX lounge is much quieter (only 4 people here) and has slightly better food. JL was packed because their Tokyo flight is just about to leave.
I'm happily sitting in the CX lounge at FRA. Very busy at 2.25pm so it looks like the 2pm closing time in the guide (as also mentioned by jackowilkinson) might now be out of date. Also have looked and looked and cannot see a First Class area unless of course I am looking in the wrong place!

Have to say I was quite underwhelmed by the JAL F lounge here in FRA.
Old Oct 30, 2013, 3:07 am

Programs: MyWaitrose, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond & BAEC Gold
Refused access at CPH Apartment this week, told it's got Golds and business class only. I was in CE and Silver.

It's also not a Priority Pass lounge, so can this be updated on the lounge page?
Old Oct 30, 2013, 11:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
Indeed, Silvers use the overcrowded adjacent Movia lounge.
Old Oct 30, 2013, 11:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by stifle
Indeed, Silvers use the overcrowded adjacent Movia lounge.
As Silver in CE I was also refused access to the Apartment lounge and had to make do with the rubbish Novia lounge.

So is it just Gold that gets access to Apartment?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.