Old Jun 30, 2015, 3:57 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: S_W_S
European BA destinations without lounge access.
As investigated by FlyerTalk's very own c-w-s. (See post.)

No lounge, and no other lounge in airport: Typically these airports also have very limited facilities airside
BGO, BIA, BIQ, CFU, CHQ, CMF, EFL, EGC, FDH, FSC, FUE, GNB, GRX, JSI, JTR, KGS, KLX, LEI, LIG, MAH, MJV, NTE, OVD, PUY (their VIP lounge isn't available to passengers), PVK, UIP, ZTH (LCY has an external lounge in a separate building, so in the CIP category).

No lounge, but vouchers provided
LPA perhaps temporarily as of 1 May 2019

No lounge for BA, but there is for other airlines / Priority Pass
ACE, CAG (see this post), CGN (route suspended), FNC, HER (lounge opening times restricted), HUY (route suspended), KRK, OLB (BA charter CE can use lounge however), OPO, NUE (lounge is airside but register landside) Lounge at NUE now available to BA PAX (see this post), PMO (lounge closed until end of 2022), SKG , SPU, STR, SVQ. For RHO (see this post), TLL (route suspended).

No lounge for BA, but airport CIP lounge available
BDS (but very limited in scope, 25 online), BJV (25 walk up fee), JMK (also PP), LCY (separate building), MPL (18),

New routes with lounge
AAL, BIO, FLR, INV, KRK, VLC.

Print Wikipost

BA Lounge Database | Europe

Old Jul 23, 2022, 8:38 am

Programs: BA Silver, SAS Diamond and LTG, Marriott Titanium and LT Plat, Radisson Premium
Has anyone recently travelled through Nice Cote d’Azur and can verify whether the Canopy lounge is currently open? I’m asking because the OneWorld lounge finder says “closed all day” under opening hours for all seven days; but both the PriorityPass website and the Nice airport website indicate that it’s open (albeit with slightly different opening hours).

If yes, is it any good? What are the food/snack options like?
Old Jul 23, 2022, 10:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by AverageHighFlyer
Has anyone recently travelled through Nice Cote dAzur and can verify whether the Canopy lounge is currently open? Im asking because the OneWorld lounge finder says closed all day under opening hours for all seven days; but both the PriorityPass website and the Nice airport website indicate that its open (albeit with slightly different opening hours).

I don't know whether it's currently open, but my review of the Canopy lounge from 2019 is here: In the Footsteps of Film Stars: The InterContinental Carlton Cannes and the Riviera
AverageHighFlyer likes this.
Old Jul 23, 2022, 10:28 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
It has been open over the last few months since the terminal re-opened, so unless something has happened I can't see why it would now be closed.
Old Jul 23, 2022, 12:36 pm

Programs: BA Blue, A12 Cars Gold, Harmonicande Vintners Platinum!
Originally Posted by JohnnyCarmello
Forgot how grim the offering at Athens airport is in the Skyserv lounge. It's quite similar to the Schengen lounge we got for free as part of our Olympic Air prop plane flight to one of the islands. At least they now have some alcohol whereas there was none last September.

Next year I might get PP to get into the nicer looking lounge next door...
+1. It really is hilariously bad for a destination with up to 5-7 flights per day to London. Incredibly dark and even the loos are now outside. Madly, the reception area uses about 30% of the total lounge footprint. Oh for the days of the BA Terraces Lounge...
Old Jul 23, 2022, 12:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by AverageHighFlyer
Has anyone recently travelled through Nice Cote dAzur and can verify whether the Canopy lounge is currently open? Im asking because the OneWorld lounge finder says closed all day under opening hours for all seven days; but both the PriorityPass website and the Nice airport website indicate that its open (albeit with slightly different opening hours).

it is open, and every bit as mediocre as the pre-Covid version. Snacks are very limited to some cheese, ham, bread, sandwiches and a couple of random unidentified things.
Old Jul 23, 2022, 1:35 pm

Originally Posted by rtaylore
+1. It really is hilariously bad for a destination with up to 5-7 flights per day to London. Incredibly dark and even the loos are now outside. Madly, the reception area uses about 30% of the total lounge footprint. Oh for the days of the BA Terraces Lounge...
Count yourself lucky it's open, I emailed the skyserv lounge in Rhodes and they told me it's closed due to Covid until the start of the season next year, ridiculous !
lcylocal likes this.
Old Jul 23, 2022, 1:36 pm

Programs: BA Silver, SAS Diamond and LTG, Marriott Titanium and LT Plat, Radisson Premium
Originally Posted by Swanhunter
it is open, and every bit as mediocre as the pre-Covid version. Snacks are very limited to some cheese, ham, bread, sandwiches and a couple of random unidentified things.
Thank you all. I can confirm it (the NCE lounge) is indeed open, and with very limited snacks (and no proper cutlery). Also, the priority check-in queue was absolutely atrocious; I ended up ditching out left-over sun lotion so we could go HBO, after the queue hadn’t moved for half an our.
Old Jul 24, 2022, 10:57 am

Programs: BAEC - Gold
Originally Posted by Genius1
The oneworld website is generally more up to date than airport websites.
Just to note that the Ljubljana lounge accepts BA pax and is a rather lovely and modern space with salads, rolls, bean to cup coffee, gin, whiskey, bubbles, wine and draught lager. Its a touch warm by the windows but I like it. Theres also an outdoor terrace which is now open (and has a great view) but hilariously under-furnished with 5 metal stools.

Old Jul 24, 2022, 11:57 am

Oneworld states that the TFS lounge closes at 1900 on Wednesday. The wiki indicates it's open until 2100 which I'm hoping is the case as the BA flight departs 2015. Anyone been recently?
Old Jul 25, 2022, 1:40 am

Programs: BA Silver, AF Ivory
PEG lounge update

Perugia airport has a lounge. Although marked on the airport map as for general aviation, it seems to be assessable for eligible one world card holders / CE travellers. At least I think so ... Passing though at the weekend, PEG has a cafe landslide, check-in / security and 3 gates. Passport control is in from of A and B gates. If you wander to the bar by the C gate and resist the temptation to rush through passport control there is a door on the left marked "Business lounge" but with no indication for eligibility. When I arrived it was locked so I went to the bar. Coming back towards the A/B gates later the door was open ... BA passengers were inside (no other flights that evening) but no lounge attendant and door wedged open with a chair. Facilities include 3 tables, a few chairs, a fridge with water and a view of the runway.
Old Jul 25, 2022, 2:00 am

What's the lounge like at Stuttgart?
Old Aug 2, 2022, 5:41 am

Programs: BA GGL - maybe only briefly!
Update from FCO for anyone bold enough to be doing an ex-EU. The QR Prima Vista is closed for an unknown period, and QR dont appear to be offering any alternative lounge or vouchers. Fortunately, the BA lounge is available for status holders and is excellent.
Old Aug 12, 2022, 8:11 am

Programs: BA Exec Club, Flying Blue
The lounge that BA used to use at BUD (Budapest, Hungary) is now open again.
Same format as before, run by BUD airport service company CELEBI, I think.
*Note that the Oneworld lounge database is not up to date and says this lounge its closed.*
The lounge is in the non-schengen area - after passport control , near to gate B9 . Up a short flight of stairs.
Old Aug 12, 2022, 3:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by Crubber
What's the lounge like at Stuttgart?
There isn't one. There used to be a BA Executive Club lounge, which was taken over by a third party a number of years ago (and still sported the old BA interior complete with phone booths), but closed permanently during COVID.
Old Aug 28, 2022, 3:07 am

Programs: BA Silver, AF Ivory
TLS downgrades

Originally Posted by Prospero
ANE Angers
With a seating capacity of just six, the Clubs Room at ANE is quite possibly the smallest lounge to be found in BAs network

BIA Bastia
Lounge provision TBC

EGC Bergerac
There is no lounge at this airport

BIQ Biarritz

BOD Bordeaux

CMF Chambery
No lounge available to BA passengers

FSC Figari
Lounge provision TBC

GNB Grenoble
No lounge, no voucher and very limited facilities airside (medium sized bar without its own seating, duty free shop, a few power points on the apron side, Wifi, and WCs).

LIG Limoges

LYS Lyon

MRS Marseille

MPL Montpellier

NTE Nantes Atlantique

NCE Nice

CDG Paris Charles de Gaulle

UIP QuimperCornouaille

TLS Toulouse
I have been through a few times recently , there have been a few downgrades - no spirits, no saucisson, no fruit salad. Only imported beer and one local red and white, no champagne. I know it sounds a bit petty but it does feel like the lounge is far less well,stocked than it used to be.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.