Old Jun 30, 2015, 3:57 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: S_W_S
European BA destinations without lounge access.
As investigated by FlyerTalk's very own c-w-s. (See post.)

No lounge, and no other lounge in airport: Typically these airports also have very limited facilities airside
BGO, BIA, BIQ, CFU, CHQ, CMF, EFL, EGC, FDH, FSC, FUE, GNB, GRX, JSI, JTR, KGS, KLX, LEI, LIG, MAH, MJV, NTE, OVD, PUY (their VIP lounge isn't available to passengers), PVK, UIP, ZTH (LCY has an external lounge in a separate building, so in the CIP category).

No lounge, but vouchers provided
LPA perhaps temporarily as of 1 May 2019

No lounge for BA, but there is for other airlines / Priority Pass
ACE, CAG (see this post), CGN (route suspended), FNC, HER (lounge opening times restricted), HUY (route suspended), KRK, OLB (BA charter CE can use lounge however), OPO, NUE (lounge is airside but register landside) Lounge at NUE now available to BA PAX (see this post), PMO (lounge closed until end of 2022), SKG , SPU, STR, SVQ. For RHO (see this post), TLL (route suspended).

No lounge for BA, but airport CIP lounge available
BDS (but very limited in scope, €25 online), BJV (€25 walk up fee), JMK (also PP), LCY (separate building), MPL (€18),

New routes with lounge
AAL, BIO, FLR, INV, KRK, VLC.

Print Wikipost

BA Lounge Database | Europe

Old Dec 19, 2020, 5:01 am

Programs: BAEC
Has anyone been through DUB lately and used the T1 DAA lounge? From what I can see it is open but just wondering whether BA are allowing customers access these days
Old Dec 19, 2020, 9:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by MrPrice16
Has anyone been through DUB lately and used the T1 DAA lounge? From what I can see it is open but just wondering whether BA are allowing customers access these days
BA are not currently paying for access at the DUB lounge: https://www.oneworld.com/airport-lounges?location=DUB

More details in the COVID lounge thread: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...-november.html

Last edited by Genius1; Dec 19, 2020 at 9:35 am
Old Mar 26, 2021, 7:51 am

Programs: BA Gold , Mucci recipient. Coffee Drinker, Blue Sky Thinker
Gibraltar Lounge 26th March 2021

Gibraltar's Calpe lounge is still closed to BA business and status card holders. Priority pass entry only and very quiet. Usual drinks , ham/cheese rolls and snacks.

The staff here have no idea if and when normal service will resume.
Old Mar 28, 2021, 5:53 am

Programs: BA Gold, Star Alliance Gold, United Platinum
HAM lounge 28th March

Hamburg Airport Lounge open today but was turned away with BA card; staff said that they have no contract with BA since two months. But it is still listed on the OW lounge site. Anyone know what is going on?
Old Mar 28, 2021, 11:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by hdr.partridge
Hamburg Airport Lounge open today but was turned away with BA card; staff said that they have no contract with BA since two months. But it is still listed on the OW lounge site. Anyone know what is going on?
The oneworld lounge listing shows that AY and IB are currently the only oneworld airlines paying for access to the lounge. BA have suspended most third party lounge contracts during the current period of low demand.
SxMan and hdr.partridge like this.
Old Mar 28, 2021, 12:47 pm

Programs: BA Exec Club, Accor Diamond, other airline programmes very basic
Might be on the BA FRA-LCY flight next Friday but looking at the OW website looks like I'm going to have to pay a few euros for my G&T..........
Old Jun 26, 2021, 3:13 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Any word on lounge access at MME with the recent announcement for a BA codeshare with Loganair to LHR?
Old Jun 26, 2021, 3:18 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by UTFB
Any word on lounge access at MME with the recent announcement for a BA codeshare with Loganair to LHR?
based on ba status? It’s basically zero chance I would expect.

there is lounge access for a ba gold when booked on a ba codeshare and with a ba issued 125-… ticket, but this only applies for entrance to a ba lounge.
Old Jun 26, 2021, 3:21 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by KARFA
based on ba status? It’s basically zero chance I would expect.

there is lounge access for a ba gold when booked on a ba codeshare and with a ba issued 125-… ticket, but this only applies for entrance to a ba lounge.
Either based on status or class. I'm BA Gold and on a BA-booked 125 ticket in J (well, J, for the LHR-MAD legs at least). I note MME has had a refurb of late and there's now the "Middleton Lounge."

I previously recall being granted access to its predecessor via Priority Pass and when flying in J (or with status) on KLM from there.
Old Jul 2, 2021, 4:03 am

Programs: DL FO, BA Bronze, Avis Preferred
IBZ lounge

I've just showed up to IBZ. I asked at Club Europe check-in if there was a lounge and was kindly told "yes, upstairs next to gate 1." I was not informed that BA hasn't paid for lounge access since last December, so was denied entry at the door.
Old Jul 3, 2021, 12:14 pm

Programs: BA Gold, BMI, ANA, HH Blue, SPG Gold
PMI Valdemossa

Please note that this lounge at the beginning of the B gates no longer accepts BA passengers, but it does accept priority pass.

I visited today and they told me that many airlines haven’t been able to use the lounge for at least 12 months and so currently there is no lounge available to BA passengers. No voucher was offered, but maybe this is a thing of the past.

Prior to travelling I researched where we could relax at PMI and the Valdemosa lounge was still listed.
Old Jul 6, 2021, 2:42 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Accor Plat, IHG Diamond
Guess who's logo is hidden on the Lisbon airport Lounge entrance?
The main airport lounge opened on the 1st of July (not the smaller blue room lounge, that is still closed), BA is no longer providing access so we entered with Priority Pass.

The lounge is split into 2: mandatory face mask and no food or drink in the larger "resting" area.
Food and drinks haven't changed from before covid (sandwiches, pastries, fruit and biscuits to eat. Wines including sparkling, beers, soft drinks and spirits to drink), but are now mostly to order, there are self serve soft drinks, beers and fruit only. Custard tarts and coffee makes for a good breakfast, so all good here.

Old Jul 12, 2021, 5:34 pm

Programs: QR Platinum, ITA Executive, HH Silver, IHG Silver
Does anyone know if WRO lounge is accessible to BA passengers?
Old Jul 13, 2021, 12:22 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by XmaX
Does anyone know if WRO lounge is accessible to BA passengers?
Not according to the oneworld and WRO airport websites.
Old Jul 13, 2021, 5:46 am

Programs: QR Platinum, ITA Executive, HH Silver, IHG Silver
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
Not according to the oneworld and WRO airport websites.
Yep, I saw that as well, but I also discovered that flights to WRO aren't operating yet - even though they were supposed to start on 1st of July so there is a chance this gets updated once they actually start in August. Either way, my expectations are quite low - after all it's a twice weekly destination, and I doubt BA will bother contracting a lounge for that.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.