Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 30, 2015, 3:57 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: S_W_S
European BA destinations without lounge access.
As investigated by FlyerTalk's very own c-w-s. (See post.)

No lounge, and no other lounge in airport: Typically these airports also have very limited facilities airside
BGO, BIA, BIQ, CFU, CHQ, CMF, EFL, EGC, FDH, FSC, FUE, GNB, GRX, JSI, JTR, KGS, KLX, LEI, LIG, MAH, MJV, NTE, OVD, PUY (their VIP lounge isn't available to passengers), PVK, UIP, ZTH (LCY has an external lounge in a separate building, so in the CIP category).

No lounge, but vouchers provided
LPA perhaps temporarily as of 1 May 2019

No lounge for BA, but there is for other airlines / Priority Pass
ACE, CAG (see this post), CGN (route suspended), FNC, HER (lounge opening times restricted), HUY (route suspended), KRK, OLB (BA charter CE can use lounge however), OPO, NUE (lounge is airside but register landside) Lounge at NUE now available to BA PAX (see this post), PMO (lounge closed until end of 2022), SKG , SPU, STR, SVQ. For RHO (see this post), TLL (route suspended).

No lounge for BA, but airport CIP lounge available
BDS (but very limited in scope, €25 online), BJV (€25 walk up fee), JMK (also PP), LCY (separate building), MPL (€18),

New routes with lounge
AAL, BIO, FLR, INV, KRK, VLC.

Print Wikipost

BA Lounge Database | Europe

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20, 2019, 3:26 am

Programs: BA Gold
BCN Joan Miro lounge

I’ve not seen it reported on here already, so just to note that the BCN lounge has now fully reopened following a complete refurbishment.

It’s a big improvement. As well as the extra space created there are now two separate buffet / drinks areas and two sets of toilets. There is a choice of seating types including tables to eat at, a variety of easy chairs as well as desks. There are also some enclosed pods to rest in and a couple of meeting rooms.

I’m not taking pictures as the lounge is very busy and I don’t like to capture people unawares, but in style it now looks like the PMI lounge posted above - wood, marble and grey. I just hope they’ve increased staffing levels to keep it clean and tidy, which was always a problem with the old lounge.
Old Oct 20, 2019, 5:37 am

Programs: BA GGL - maybe only briefly!
Not sure what happened there - supposed to be an update to OSL premium lounge - not Cava but french sparkling wine Blanc de Blanc.

Last edited by vintagepilot; Nov 4, 2019 at 6:16 am
Old Oct 24, 2019, 3:36 pm

Programs: BA, U2+, SK, AF/KL, IHG, Hilton, others gathering dust...
Small update for BLQ, since I haven’t seen the timings mentioned. There is a sign in the lounge stating that fast track security (accessible from the back of the lounge) is open daily from 05:30-19:00.

This should catch all the BA flights based on current schedules, except perhaps in the event of IRROPS causing material delay on the last flight of the day, and for those who like to cut it fine on the days the last flight goes around 19:30.
Old Oct 24, 2019, 3:47 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Oaxaca
Small update for BLQ, since I haven’t seen the timings mentioned. There is a sign in the lounge stating that fast track security (accessible from the back of the lounge) is open daily from 05:30-19:00.

This should catch all the BA flights based on current schedules, except perhaps in the event of IRROPS causing material delay on the last flight of the day, and for those who like to cut it fine on the days the last flight goes around 19:30.
I think that’s a change - I am sure on Sunday’s it didn’t open until around midday so didn’t catch some BA flights.
Old Oct 30, 2019, 1:39 pm

Programs: SK EBS / BA Silver / BMI Gold / KLM Silver
Originally Posted by ohms12
Has FLR been refurbished..?
Flew out of Florence earlier this week for the first time. As such I am not aware of the previous arrangements. But the current lounge seemed very permanent and could quote possibly have been refurbished. I found it surprisingly pleasant to be honest - particularly compared to other Italian lounge offerings. Food options distinctly limited in line with the guide though.

There's an enclosed boardroom for calls if you nab it.
Old Nov 4, 2019, 2:46 am

Programs: ASLEF
CGN Cologne

Originally Posted by Prospero
CGN Cologne
New route from LGW launches 16 November 2018. No lounge information at present
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
No, there isn't a lounge provided for BA customers, the route is probably being tested out for viability at this stage. There is a lounge for Priority Pass customers, I'll put this in the Lounges thread in due course. This is the only lounge in Terminal 2 CGN (and there isn't any provision in Terminal 1). It's comfortable but the food and drink provision is at the basic end of the Europe's shorthaul lounges. It's on the level above the main airside concourse, immediately to the left of security and clearly signposted.
I'm travelling to Cologne early next year. It looks like there isn't any lounge provision. Are vouchers handed out at check-in like at Rotterdam (RTM) or has the lounge situation improved since the route launched?
Old Nov 15, 2019, 6:03 am

Programs: Skywards Gold, Amex Plat, SkyTeam Silver
Palma PMI Sala Valldemossa is now open again. I was in on Tuesday and can visit again Monday and take some pictures if this is helpful for an update?
Let me know and what extra info anyone requires.
Prospero likes this.
Old Nov 15, 2019, 6:16 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by marconess
Palma PMI Sala Valldemossa is now open again. I was in on Tuesday and can visit again Monday and take some pictures if this is helpful for an update?
Let me know and what extra info anyone requires.
I don't know of a set of lounges which gets more updates than PMI! But when I take photos of lounges my general approach is to take one of the seating, one of the food area and one of the drink area, whilst trying to avoid having too many people in the photo. Easier said than done!
Old Nov 16, 2019, 2:16 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
I don't know of a set of lounges which gets more updates than PMI! But when I take photos of lounges my general approach is to take one of the seating, one of the food area and one of the drink area, whilst trying to avoid having too many people in the photo. Easier said than done!
This is true. Especially this year.

The new Valldemossa is now similar decor to Moudle C and D so a big improvement looks wise.

Also noticed Valencia lounge is near the new Gate 12 now.
Old Nov 19, 2019, 1:27 am

Programs: AS; BA Silver; UA; HH Gold; Sprüngli Connaisseur
ZRH Aspire Lounge construction in main terminal (still open)

I'm sitting in the main terminal Aspire lounge, and about a third of it is cordoned off. Otherwise it's completely normal. Well, apart from the fact there are way fewer people in here.
Old Nov 19, 2019, 3:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
FRA - CX lounge temporary closure

Cathay Pacific has announced that its FRA lounge is closing temporarily from 20 November 2019 for maintenance.

CX is directing its own passengers to the Priority Lounge opposite E9 (first class passengers and OWE and OWS) or the Sky Lounge opposite D8. However, that may have little or no bearing on what BA passengers will be able to access.
Old Nov 25, 2019, 10:00 am
Ambassador: Oneworld Alliance

Programs: BA Gold (GGL), Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, Marriott Gold
Just a quick update on Sofia. The Preslav lounge was intolerable because of the smoke - we did not even bother to sign in. The Pliska lounge was pleasant, there was Bulgarian sparkling wine. The snacks were poor - pre-wrapped sarnies and a few pastries.
Old Nov 28, 2019, 3:47 pm

Programs: Gold Actually
Originally Posted by darthlemsip
Strange one at ACE (Lanzarote) just now. Wasn’t expecting access as Gold or in CE and handed over Lounge Key card. When the lady took my boarding pass she said “Ah, Club and Gold, you can come in’

Mrs Lem could not get in as CE and Silver and I could not guest her, so she used Lounge Key card.

The lady behind us also got in as Gold and CE
At ACE today and got into the lounge with Mrs Castle. We were flying down the back but she is Gold and i'm only blue. On boarding we noticed that most of those flying in CE were in the lounge also
Old Dec 10, 2019, 2:04 am

corporate-wage-slave
Updated photo of the new lounge at VLC ( Valencia VLC Airport. https://imgur.com/a/4eqNFnE ) as the background to the old one is outdated. Also the lounge is near Gate 12 now (not A3 as currently stated).
Old Dec 10, 2019, 6:55 am

Originally Posted by marconess
corporate-wage-slave
Updated photo of the new lounge at VLC ( Valencia VLC Airport. https://imgur.com/a/4eqNFnE ) as the background to the old one is outdated. Also the lounge is near Gate 12 now (not A3 as currently stated).
Wow, that was fast!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.