Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 30, 2015, 3:57 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: S_W_S
European BA destinations without lounge access.
As investigated by FlyerTalk's very own c-w-s. (See post.)

No lounge, and no other lounge in airport: Typically these airports also have very limited facilities airside
BGO, BIA, BIQ, CFU, CHQ, CMF, EFL, EGC, FDH, FSC, FUE, GNB, GRX, JSI, JTR, KGS, KLX, LEI, LIG, MAH, MJV, NTE, OVD, PUY (their VIP lounge isn't available to passengers), PVK, UIP, ZTH (LCY has an external lounge in a separate building, so in the CIP category).

No lounge, but vouchers provided
LPA perhaps temporarily as of 1 May 2019

No lounge for BA, but there is for other airlines / Priority Pass
ACE, CAG (see this post), CGN (route suspended), FNC, HER (lounge opening times restricted), HUY (route suspended), KRK, OLB (BA charter CE can use lounge however), OPO, NUE (lounge is airside but register landside) Lounge at NUE now available to BA PAX (see this post), PMO (lounge closed until end of 2022), SKG , SPU, STR, SVQ. For RHO (see this post), TLL (route suspended).

No lounge for BA, but airport CIP lounge available
BDS (but very limited in scope, €25 online), BJV (€25 walk up fee), JMK (also PP), LCY (separate building), MPL (€18),

New routes with lounge
AAL, BIO, FLR, INV, KRK, VLC.

Print Wikipost

BA Lounge Database | Europe

Search this Thread

Old Nov 23, 2018, 3:13 pm

Programs: Mucci de Guardian des Celliers des Grands Crus 1e Classé, plus BAEC.
Any recent reports on the Prague Menzies Lounge? I’m off to Prague in Jan to brush away the post-Christmas blues. I’m expecting a standard European contract lounge and sure it will be a come down after CX in T3!
Old Nov 24, 2018, 1:09 am

Programs: Hilton/Diamond, BA/Gold
Sure this has been mentioned, but the old BA lounge at MUC T1 has now closed. BA travellers can use the "Airport Lounge World" which is in Module B, go through security and turn left, lift or stairs to access.

Initial reactions are it's much more modern and open than the old BA lounge, better food selection (at least yesterday evening)
Old Dec 29, 2018, 8:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
My review of the LIN lounge here:

Lounge Review: LIN British Airways Galleries Lounge
Old Jan 2, 2019, 4:22 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
I used the Almost@Home Lounge at HEL this week because they still have a shower which the AY Lounges do not until they're finished being refurbished.

I actually found the place very comfortable to hang out at especially as it was quieter than AY's Lounge which is really small due to the refurbishment. They had some decent breads, cold cuts and cheese out as well as porridge. All alcohol is for pay.

Ahh that shower. After arriving from SIN I needed it badly.
Prospero likes this.
Old Jan 3, 2019, 5:09 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Sixt Platinum, HHons Diamond
Originally Posted by melanddave
in the lounge today, usual fare but it seems there are improvements being made from September, about time
Upstairs extended by 170m2
new workspace, relaxation and catering areas
natural light and a view of the departure lounge
I had missed your post so a visit to the TLS lounge in early December was a pleasant surprise. While downstairs is still pretty much the same, the toilets have been refurbished and upstairs has been totally transformed into a very large airy and light space with views. Catering is still the same offering as before although there were (unused) facilities for a hot buffet at the time of my visit (4pm on a Thursday). Definitely a huge and welcome improvement.
Old Feb 19, 2019, 12:14 am

Programs: BA GGL - maybe only briefly!
Currently in the Cathay lounge at CDG. Very similar to the AA Lounge next door with only minor food variations but more pleasant in here as it is almost empty due to flight timings. Might be worth noting in the info that the noodle bar only operates between 10:00 and 20:30.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 11:13 am

Programs: BA Gold, AF/KL Gold, Hilton Gold, Nordic Choice Gold
Originally Posted by Prospero
TLL Tallinn

No lounge arrangement at TLL for BA passengers. Access to the airport operated Business Lounge is currently €30 per person (€7 for children aged 2 to 7). Note: BA Gold and Silver card holders travelling on AY flights are granted access to this lounge (plus 1 guest)
Just refused access to the TLL lounge. BA Gold on an AY flight number (not a BA codeshare fight) but on a 125 ticket. The AY boarding pass says that lounge access is available.

Lounge Dragon struggled to explain but clearly the "computer said no". Got in with my Priority Pass anyhow so no great issue.

A big plus for the private telephone conference rooms here - this would be a welcome addition for LHR Galleries (the worst culprits are found here in my experience).
Old Mar 6, 2019, 11:25 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by tigertanaka
Just refused access to the TLL lounge. BA Gold on an AY flight number (not a BA codeshare fight) but on a 125 ticket. The AY boarding pass says that lounge access is available.

Lounge Dragon struggled to explain but clearly the "computer said no". Got in with my Priority Pass anyhow so no great issue.

A big plus for the private telephone conference rooms here - this would be a welcome addition for LHR Galleries (the worst culprits are found here in my experience).
Didn’t you just have a standard AY bp showing you as an emerald? I really don’t understand why you would be denied access at TLL tbh.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 11:36 am

Originally Posted by KARFA

Didn’t you just have a standard AY bp showing you as an emerald? I really don’t understand why you would be denied access at TLL tbh.
Yes, on the details page on my digital BP it says "Frequent Flyer BA????????-EMERALD and underneath "Lounge Invitation WELCOME TO AIRPORT BUSINESS LOUNGE 2 PASSENGER TERMINAL SECOND FLOOR. The invitation is for 2 person(s)".

I guess it was the 125 ticket number that must have done it. It is a multi city NCL-LHR-ARN (flying in Y, BA flight numbers, BA metal) / TLL-HEL (flying in Y - no J on this flight, AY flight number, AY metal) / HEL-LHR-NCL (flying in J, both BA flight numbers, AY metal on HEL-LHR & BA metal on LHR-NCL).

The lounge is dead so no reason to refuse me (apart from dragon logic).
Old Mar 6, 2019, 11:38 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by tigertanaka
Yes, on the details page on my digital BP it says "Frequent Flyer BA????????-EMERALD and underneath "Lounge Invitation WELCOME TO AIRPORT BUSINESS LOUNGE 2 PASSENGER TERMINAL SECOND FLOOR. The invitation is for 2 person(s)".

I guess it was the 125 ticket number that must have done it. It is a multi city NCL-LHR-ARN (BA flight number, BA metal) / TLL-HEL (AY flight number, AY metal) / HEL-LHR-NCL (BA flight number, AY metal on HEL-LHR & BA metal on LHR-NCL).

The lounge is dead so no reason to refuse me (apart from dragon logic).
I fail to see why the lounge agent would think ticket number has something to do with lounge access. Sounds like a particularly stupid agent which is a shame.
tigertanaka likes this.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 7:22 am

Originally Posted by KARFA

I fail to see why the lounge agent would think ticket number has something to do with lounge access. Sounds like a particularly stupid agent which is a shame.
Just to give some follow up on the lounge access at TLL above. I emailed AY to feedback that I had been refused access (more so that they were aware of what is going on) and I got a nice response today:

Originally Posted by Finnair Customer Relations
"I apologise that you could not access to lounge at the Tallinn airport on 6th March 2019. You should have had access to Tallinn Airport International Business Lounge at the Lennart Meri Airport. I sincerely apologise that access was denied from you....In recognition of the difficulties you encountered during your journey I would want to send you 2 x 20 Eur tax free vouchers. You can use the vouchers for Onboard and Pre-Order Shopping cataloques and Sky Bistro menu purchases on all Finnair flights when sales onboard, as well as the Finnair Travel Outlet Shop ( Helsinki Airport, Lentäjäntie 1, Helsinki, next to terminal 2). The voucher is valid for one year."
I was not expecting that at all, thumbs up to AY.
Old Mar 23, 2019, 5:20 am

Which OTP Lounge?

OK, so I might be missing something or lack some understanding here. This excellent guide mentions 2 lounges at OTP and implies BA/OW access to both, whereas the OW site only mentions the Mastercard Lounge. Are they both actually available for BA pax and/or which one is recommended?
Old Mar 23, 2019, 5:23 am

Programs: Mucci, BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Stena Gold
You can access both.

There is no real difference between them, and you can see one from the other
Old Mar 23, 2019, 7:07 am

Programs: BA, U2+, SK, AF/KL, IHG, Hilton, others gathering dust...
PMI Sala Valldemossa closing for refurbishment

The Sala Valldemossa Lounge in PMI, which is closest to the A gates where BA (and all non-Schengen) flights arrive/depart, is closing for refurbishment from 01 April 2019. Reopening date not yet advertised, but would expect a couple of months closure.

Alternatives are the Sala Formentor near the D gates and Sala Mediterraneo in the C gates. Catering provision is pretty much the same in all three lounges. The alternative lounges are 5-7 mins walk further from the A gates than Valldemossa, total walk 8-12 mins from these lounges to A gates passport control (all lounges are after security but before passport control).

@Prospero - FYI
Prospero likes this.

Last edited by Oaxaca; Mar 23, 2019 at 7:29 am
Old Mar 23, 2019, 9:26 am

Originally Posted by Gastrocnemius
You can access both.

There is no real difference between them, and you can see one from the other
Thanks - still not sure I understand the new OW lounge pages though.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.