Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 30, 2015, 3:57 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: S_W_S
European BA destinations without lounge access.
As investigated by FlyerTalk's very own c-w-s. (See post.)

No lounge, and no other lounge in airport: Typically these airports also have very limited facilities airside
BGO, BIA, BIQ, CFU, CHQ, CMF, EFL, EGC, FDH, FSC, FUE, GNB, GRX, JSI, JTR, KGS, KLX, LEI, LIG, MAH, MJV, NTE, OVD, PUY (their VIP lounge isn't available to passengers), PVK, UIP, ZTH (LCY has an external lounge in a separate building, so in the CIP category).

No lounge, but vouchers provided
LPA perhaps temporarily as of 1 May 2019

No lounge for BA, but there is for other airlines / Priority Pass
ACE, CAG (see this post), CGN (route suspended), FNC, HER (lounge opening times restricted), HUY (route suspended), KRK, OLB (BA charter CE can use lounge however), OPO, NUE (lounge is airside but register landside) Lounge at NUE now available to BA PAX (see this post), PMO (lounge closed until end of 2022), SKG , SPU, STR, SVQ. For RHO (see this post), TLL (route suspended).

No lounge for BA, but airport CIP lounge available
BDS (but very limited in scope, €25 online), BJV (€25 walk up fee), JMK (also PP), LCY (separate building), MPL (€18),

New routes with lounge
AAL, BIO, FLR, INV, KRK, VLC.

Print Wikipost

BA Lounge Database | Europe

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21, 2018, 9:27 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
And the LUX lounge us definitely open until the last flight
Old Jun 21, 2018, 10:24 pm

Originally Posted by KARFA
as a OWE and departing on a BA flight from LUX you would be entitled to use the LUX lounge. Once clear of security it is on the same floor beyond the escalators. Do not go down the escalator otherwise you'll miss the lounge.
Thank you KARFA
Old Jun 25, 2018, 2:39 am

Programs: LH SEN; BA Gold
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
And the LUX lounge us definitely open until the last flight
The lounge is open but don't expect them to be particularly welcoming. I was booked on BA419 a month ago and you could hear sighs of relief when the lounge receptionist went to the back room and told the present staff that the BA plane had landed. Overall, the lounge had a "we're about to close. Please leave" feel to it.
Old Jul 14, 2018, 9:56 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
LUX lounge, Findel Airport

From this thread it appear that some FTers are struggling to find the LUX lounge on their possibly rather brief visits to Luxembourg Findel.
LUX Airport Lounge

So here is a map that I have annoted. The absolutely key thing to do is stay on the same level after security: there is a clear route downstairs that most passengers follow, if you have taken this route and find yourself in an extended duty free shop you have gone too far and will need to retrace your steps back upstairs. Hence the lounge is on the same level as security and the check in desks, one level above the departure lounge and duty free shops. The lounge is kept open for the late BA service.

The corridor, looking from the stairs down to duty free, following the green arrow above, looks like this, there is a small Lounge sign near the ceiling:

Last edited by corporate-wage-slave; Nov 20, 2018 at 10:22 am
Old Jul 14, 2018, 10:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
A new review of the MAD lounge used by BA passengers here:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...velazquez.html
Old Jul 14, 2018, 10:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Here are some images of a visit last weekend to the ZRH Aspire Lounge at Gates E (the midfield terminal). Operated by Swissport, you'll use this third party lounge if departing on BA from the midfield terminal. There is an alternative Aspire lounge for other gates.

It's a perfectly standard third party affair located one level up from the gates, the only notable feature being the outdoor terrace with good views of the runway and Alps beyond.

The design is inoffensive, although the lack of working USB ports is not. Some of the fixed armchairs feature pull-out tables.

Washrooms are located just outside the lounge.

There is a First Class section to the left of reception, but this is only open to F/Emerald passengers travelling with CX.

Old Jul 15, 2018, 7:00 am

Programs: British Airways Gold, IHG Spire Elite
Hi

i will I'll be flying from BHX and ZRH in next few weeks with my partner. I am BAEC silver and wondering if the lounges in BHX and ZRH (which I think are non BA owned or OW lounges) will allow me my one guest to enter with me like the BA lounges do ?
Old Jul 15, 2018, 9:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by nshep

i will I'll be flying from BHX and ZRH in next few weeks with my partner. I am BAEC silver and wondering if the lounges in BHX and ZRH (which I think are non BA owned or OW lounges) will allow me my one guest to enter with me like the BA lounges do ?
Yes.
nshep likes this.
Old Jul 31, 2018, 12:59 pm

What Business lounge in Vienna airport would most people recommend? Thanks
Old Aug 13, 2018, 8:47 am

Programs: BA Silver
Toulouse improvements

in the lounge today, usual fare but it seems there are improvements being made from September, about time
Upstairs extended by 170m2
new workspace, relaxation and catering areas
natural light and a view of the departure lounge
Old Aug 22, 2018, 11:57 am

Programs: BAEC
Sorry if someone has asked this before but... does Mykonos have a lounge with BA access? it appears on the OneWorld website, but this wiki says there is no lounge. I'm trying to decide between ET or CE for this route Thanks
Old Aug 22, 2018, 1:44 pm

Originally Posted by slayers_88
Sorry if someone has asked this before but... does Mykonos have a lounge with BA access? it appears on the OneWorld website, but this wiki says there is no lounge. I'm trying to decide between ET or CE for this route Thanks
The small Goldair lounge is landside (which is particularly unhelpful in the Mykonos context) and open to Priority Pass cardholders, as well as Qatar passengers. Qatar has 4 services a week until 30 September. The lounge then closes until April next year, and it's not open to BA passengers in any event. It's a very small room, I think 10 people would fill the lounge which consists of one long table with chairs around it, and separately a few chairs around a couple of sofas. The wiki above lists those places without lounges, and indeed that unfortunately includes JMK.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 10:08 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
The small Goldair lounge is landside (which is particularly unhelpful in the Mykonos context) and open to Priority Pass cardholders, as well as Qatar passengers. Qatar has 4 services a week until 30 September. The lounge then closes until April next year, and it's not open to BA passengers in any event. It's a very small room, I think 10 people would fill the lounge which consists of one long table with chairs around it, and separately a few chairs around a couple of sofas. The wiki above lists those places without lounges, and indeed that unfortunately includes JMK.
Thanks for the reply!
Old Aug 26, 2018, 10:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Here are some photos of the VCE Marco Polo lounge. Full details in my latest trip reports: A Five Star Journey Through Japan: Qatar Airways and Japan Airlines First Class and Views of Venice with British Airways

Prospero likes this.
Old Sep 3, 2018, 11:43 am

Which business lounge in Vienna is recommended ? Thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.