Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 30, 2015, 3:57 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: S_W_S
European BA destinations without lounge access.
As investigated by FlyerTalk's very own c-w-s. (See post.)

No lounge, and no other lounge in airport: Typically these airports also have very limited facilities airside
BGO, BIA, BIQ, CFU, CHQ, CMF, EFL, EGC, FDH, FSC, FUE, GNB, GRX, JSI, JTR, KGS, KLX, LEI, LIG, MAH, MJV, NTE, OVD, PUY (their VIP lounge isn't available to passengers), PVK, UIP, ZTH (LCY has an external lounge in a separate building, so in the CIP category).

No lounge, but vouchers provided
LPA perhaps temporarily as of 1 May 2019

No lounge for BA, but there is for other airlines / Priority Pass
ACE, CAG (see this post), CGN (route suspended), FNC, HER (lounge opening times restricted), HUY (route suspended), KRK, OLB (BA charter CE can use lounge however), OPO, NUE (lounge is airside but register landside) Lounge at NUE now available to BA PAX (see this post), PMO (lounge closed until end of 2022), SKG , SPU, STR, SVQ. For RHO (see this post), TLL (route suspended).

No lounge for BA, but airport CIP lounge available
BDS (but very limited in scope, €25 online), BJV (€25 walk up fee), JMK (also PP), LCY (separate building), MPL (€18),

New routes with lounge
AAL, BIO, FLR, INV, KRK, VLC.

Print Wikipost

BA Lounge Database | Europe

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2017, 4:02 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by avon75
Travelling to Athens in a few weeks in CE. From the looks of it, there's no lounge access there for BA customers
Yes, there is lounge access at the Skyserv lounge, and that is by the gates used by BA services from Athens.
Old Apr 27, 2017, 4:05 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Yes, there is lounge access at the Skyserv lounge, and that is by the gates used by BA services from Athens.
Thanks for the reply - but using the Oneworld lounge lookup site doesn't mention BA travellers can use that lounge just Finnair and Iberia.

EDIT: In MMB it tells me that the Aristotle Onassis Lounge is available to use.

Last edited by avon75; Apr 27, 2017 at 4:19 am
Old Apr 27, 2017, 4:45 am

Programs: BAEC Bronze
I was in the LED lounge recently. It was pretty rubbish, especially as a veggie. Cringe factor of the stay? Observing a child get their nappy changed on one of the tables.

For those of you who are interested:
- on the booze front, cheap red and white, and Baltika beer
- other beverages, water, pop, juice, water
- food, all the carbs! Some cheese slices, ham

Shower in the toilet, no towels
Old May 8, 2017, 4:12 am
sgm

Programs: BA Gold
Dublin Terminal 1 DAA Lounge

Some (much needed) 'redecorating' going on in the lounge and toilets. The large side is closed off, leaving a very crowded right-hand side. Lots of drilling. Perhaps worth minimising time here at the moment.
Old May 8, 2017, 4:51 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by sgm
Dublin Terminal 1 DAA Lounge

Some (much needed) 'redecorating' going on in the lounge and toilets. The large side is closed off, leaving a very crowded right-hand side. Lots of drilling. Perhaps worth minimising time here at the moment.
Refurbished lounge due to open at the end of May (though I suspect they will then do up the currently open right hand side, the side nearest the T1 gates). Passengers are able to use DAA in T2 if they wish, just a bit of a walk for 200 gate users.
Old May 8, 2017, 10:27 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
I had the misfortune to visit the VRN (Verona) lounge last month. I thought the BOD (Bordeaux) lounge was comfortably the worst in the network, but VRN is giving it a run for its money, at least BOD has tarmac views.
VRN has better refreshments, but it is about as far from the gate as you can get (although thankfully it doesn't take too long as the airport isn't large), seating is limited and it got very hot during my visit.
My main complaint about the VRN lounge is that it doesn't have its own wifi, just the main airport WIFI, which requires you to provide personal data and join a mailing list to access. Very poor show!
Old May 8, 2017, 10:58 am

Programs: BA Gold; LH FTL; IHG Diamond; Marriott Gold; ALL Gold
Refurbished lounge due to open at the end of May (though I suspect they will then do up the currently open right hand side, the side nearest the T1 gates). Passengers are able to use DAA in T2 if they wish, just a bit of a walk for 200 gate users.
Haven't they already done the right-hand side? I was there about 3 weeks ago, and the right-hand side (as you walk in from the stairs) was boarded off, so I went to the left-hand side. Did they board off half of it without doing any work?
Old May 8, 2017, 10:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
Originally Posted by britbronco22
I had the misfortune to visit the VRN (Verona) lounge last month. I thought the BOD (Bordeaux) lounge was comfortably the worst in the network, but VRN is giving it a run for its money, at least BOD has tarmac views.
VRN has better refreshments, but it is about as far from the gate as you can get (although thankfully it doesn't take too long as the airport isn't large), seating is limited and it got very hot during my visit.
My main complaint about the VRN lounge is that it doesn't have its own wifi, just the main airport WIFI, which requires you to provide personal data and join a mailing list to access. Very poor show!
Well, BOD doesn't have a lounge (for BA) anymore
Old May 8, 2017, 11:08 am

Originally Posted by Deltus
Haven't they already done the right-hand side? I was there about 3 weeks ago, and the right-hand side (as you walk in from the stairs) was boarded off, so I went to the left-hand side. Did they board off half of it without doing any work?
The stairs at the top or the bottom? There is a half floor in between. The way I was seeing this from the desk perspective. As I see it the currently boarded up section is the area nearest T2, so the south east end. The area currently rather busy and with a somewhat rough and ready appearance is the end nearest the 200 gates, the north west end.
Old May 8, 2017, 4:14 pm

Programs: BA Gold; LH FTL; IHG Diamond; Marriott Gold; ALL Gold
The stairs at the top or the bottom? There is a half floor in between. The way I was seeing this from the desk perspective. As I see it the currently boarded up section is the area nearest T2, so the south east end. The area currently rather busy and with a somewhat rough and ready appearance is the end nearest the 200 gates, the north west end.
Ok, sounds like it's definitely changed from 3 weeks ago then!

For reference, here's a map of the main floor:

The black escalator sign to the left of the screening area is the lounge entrance (although it's actually stairs and a lift, not an escalator...). If I'd taken the lift, I'd have walked out of the lift and turned left and ended up in the bit in the direction of the "To Terminal 2" arrow. The other side was closed off by construction boards.

The seating area I sat in looked like this:

Is that the bit that's now closed off? If so, sounds like a disappointing job done on the other side then, based on your description!
Old May 8, 2017, 4:41 pm

Originally Posted by Deltus
Is that the bit that's now closed off? If so, sounds like a disappointing job done on the other side then, based on your description!
Yes, it seems they have swapped over sides, since I used the side nearest to the 300 gates. I am not jumping to conclusions: when it's fully ready, any furniture is brought of storage and the lounge isn't packed then I can see it would be a good update. It's possible the closure is for something more boring like shifting the air conditioning units or some such.
Old May 12, 2017, 4:09 am

Programs: BAEC - Silver
Have tried searching, but am only on a phone so apologies if have missed a previous answer to this. Does anyone know what time the Luxembourg lounge closes? According to the OW website it's only open till 1845, but not sure if this is correct as there is a later BA departure (though aware it's a third party lounge so not necessarily open for a BA flight). I'm flying back on BA419 (LUX to LHR departing at 2120), and am with my parents who are rather more cautious and prefer to be at the airport 3 hours in advance. If the lounge will be closed I will try an encourage them to spend longer mooching around the city before heading to the airport, otherwise will opt for the quiet life and head over early to stop them fretting. Not fussed if the lounge isn't too great, would just rather have a quiet place to sit and have a cup of tea if we are at the airport for a long while.
Thanks,
Hodders
Old May 12, 2017, 10:55 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL, Lounge Key, Accor basic, AY basic, HHonors Diamond
I have found OW website unreliable with this kind of information.

Prioritypass (and first page of this thread) says:
04:00 to last scheduled flight departure.
Old May 13, 2017, 5:35 am

Programs: BAEC - Silver
Thank you jp_fin. Given the speed and punctuality we've seen of public transport here, my parents are seeming more willing to spend longer in the city (and blame me if it goes wrong), but I'll update on here to confirm whether it is open as we pass through.
Hodders

Update :
Having passed through this evening, the lounge was indeed open and, as post #22 suggested, the sign on the door gives the opening times as 0400 till after the last flight departs. For anyone passing through in the next few weeks, the signed route to reach the lounge (down 1 level from security, through the shop and then back up 1 level) is closed - the escalator and lift are blocked and while the signs still direct you this way for the lounge there's no clue whether this is temporary or permanent. The route at the moment (and the better route if the layout at security doesn't change) is to ignore the directions, stay at the security level and head to the corridor opposite the escalator down, then the lounge is on the right about a third of the way along the corridor.

For those that are interested I did manage to persuade my parents to spend a bit longer in the city, but the lounge was a lovely space to sit in with a view over the runway once at the airport. We rather over ate in the lounge, not expecting much from the CE catering, and are now rather full after a Duck and Waldorf salad on board. Champagne in the lounge was very pleasant (but I must admit that after a couple I've forgotten what it actually was). Overall my relatively infrequent flyer parents we very impressed with CE, and for me, I enjoyed it enough to think it was definitely worth the premium, though I rate the empty middle seat far more than the extra leg room (and as a lowly silver can't rely on TS to block the middle seat next to me) so your opinion may vary.

Last edited by Hodders; May 14, 2017 at 2:50 pm
Old May 30, 2017, 5:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Prospero
TLL Tallinn
No lounge arrangement at TLL for BA passengers. Access to the airport operated Business Lounge is currently €30 per person (€7 for children aged 2 to 7)
Do you need a picture of the TLL lounge? I have a few but I suspect someone else may have high quality ones. Or do you only have pictures for lounges BA isn't too tight to pay for?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.