Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 30, 2015, 3:57 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: S_W_S
European BA destinations without lounge access.
As investigated by FlyerTalk's very own c-w-s. (See post.)

No lounge, and no other lounge in airport: Typically these airports also have very limited facilities airside
BGO, BIA, BIQ, CFU, CHQ, CMF, EFL, EGC, FDH, FSC, FUE, GNB, GRX, JSI, JTR, KGS, KLX, LEI, LIG, MAH, MJV, NTE, OVD, PUY (their VIP lounge isn't available to passengers), PVK, UIP, ZTH (LCY has an external lounge in a separate building, so in the CIP category).

No lounge, but vouchers provided
LPA perhaps temporarily as of 1 May 2019

No lounge for BA, but there is for other airlines / Priority Pass
ACE, CAG (see this post), CGN (route suspended), FNC, HER (lounge opening times restricted), HUY (route suspended), KRK, OLB (BA charter CE can use lounge however), OPO, NUE (lounge is airside but register landside) Lounge at NUE now available to BA PAX (see this post), PMO (lounge closed until end of 2022), SKG , SPU, STR, SVQ. For RHO (see this post), TLL (route suspended).

No lounge for BA, but airport CIP lounge available
BDS (but very limited in scope, €25 online), BJV (€25 walk up fee), JMK (also PP), LCY (separate building), MPL (€18),

New routes with lounge
AAL, BIO, FLR, INV, KRK, VLC.

Print Wikipost

BA Lounge Database | Europe

Search this Thread

Old May 18, 2016, 2:52 pm

Programs: BA GGLfL, WoH Lifetime Globalist, HH Diamond, SPG Gold
There is now a pay lounge at SVQ, Sala VIP - I believe it opened on 14 April 2016. Cost is EUR 27.30 per person (MasterCard or Visa, no cash, Priority Pass not accepted). There is currently an opening promotion with a 2 for 1 offer. Price includes free WiFi, snacks, soft drinks and alcoholic drinks on request. The aircon works and the lounge is a haven of peace. BA pax - either status or those travelling CE are required to pay; there is as yet no free access. The receptionist hopes that in due course eligible BA pax will have free access to the lounge and its facilities. Doc Copper
Old May 19, 2016, 4:07 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
New BA lounge: AAL - Aalborg / Denmark.

AAL
Airport Lounge
Airside, upstairs between gates 1 and 2. Signposted by gate 2. Before nearby passport control.

Opening hours
Daily 05:00 hrs to last flight (currently 20:00 hrs).

Access options
Standard BA rules including guesting for Silver/Gold
Priority Pass
Pay on entry DKK 149
(Note: they want to see and scan your card)
Food and beverages
Rolls, toasted bagels, croissants, sliced cold meats, cheese, cream cheese, gherkin and very limited range of salad items, nuts, nacho crisps, mini Mars range of chocolates, yoghurts, fruit basket, and Danish romkugler (rum chocolate balls).

Soft drinks: comprehensive range of still, sparkling and flavoured waters, fruit juices, Pepsi range of soft drinks. Coffee machine, Lipton tea bags.

Royal brand of bottled beer, including Stout and Pilsner, Heineken, red and white carafe wine, limited range of spirits including Beefeater gin, and local brandies from Brćnderiet and Aalborg Spritfabrik.

Champagne: nil.

For entertainment and business
Free wifi from The Cloud
Local newspapers and magazines
Big screen TV
Variety of seating arrangements
Note limited power supply, Euro plug only

Other facilities
WC male/female in the lounge
No disabled WC. Lounge is connected by lift from main floor, step free on that floor.

http://www.aal.dk/en/airport/services/airport-lounge/

And after TXL's egg mountain, AAL has the chocolate ball mountain, I think they are supposed to be rum flavoured but it just seemed like pure chocolate to me. One is enough for anyone.

Last edited by corporate-wage-slave; May 19, 2016 at 5:35 am
Old May 19, 2016, 7:01 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
I've been to some strange lounges in my time, but this is something else!

New BA lounge: AAR - Aarhus / Denmark. Formerly known as Ĺrhus.

AAR
British Airways Executive Lounge
Airside, upstairs by gate 3.

Opening hours
Officially 1 hour before the BA flights, but open to negotiation. Key is held at the café if locked, as for the manageress.

Access options
Standard BA rules including guesting for Silver/Gold
Also BA Y and B fares. On Finnair codeshares you can be in C, D or I class, alternatively a Silver cardholder or above. Other oneworld status is unspecified.

Food and beverages
Water (tap and mini-tub). Orange juice in tubs, Carlsberg bottled larger. Coca-Cola, Coke light, Tuborg Orange Squash (fizzy). Dornier red and white wine. Coffee/chocolate machine (no tea provision). Food: pears, apples, mini Mars and twix. That's it.

Champagne: nil.

For entertainment and business
Wifi (BA-Lounge), password on small plastic sign opposite drinks cooler
Good power supply, Euro plug only

Other facilities
No toilets.
Only steep step access, no lift.

Amazingly this is a BA branded lounge, see the eaves for the Speedmarque motif.

This picture shows the entire food and drink provision, though there is tap water just past the coffee machine.

This is the entrance, note the DYKWIA potential of the rope:

It was swelteringly hot inside it when I visited, opening the door only helped slightly. Great views over the apron and runway, not that there was much going on while I was there.

The branding is just so whacky, the coffee cups are the EuroTraveller Twinnings paper cups. The red and white wines comes from Dornier, in the Western Cape. Same family as the aircraft manufacturer, and SUN-AIR's main aircraft is the Dornier 328.
Old May 19, 2016, 9:53 am

Programs: BA Gold
No surprises, but just to report there's still no provision at SPU this year
Old May 20, 2016, 2:27 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
which lounge do people recommend if flying from Helsinki to LHR?
Old May 20, 2016, 2:49 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, Lounge Key, Accor basic, AY basic, HHonors Diamond
AY Premium Lounge
Old May 22, 2016, 1:29 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by Prospero

OSL Oslo
Name:  NO_OSL.png
Views: 3293
Size:  372.6 KB
OSL now has sparking wine (cava) in bottles in the roped off section.

The salad bar (in both sections) has ben improved, with pasta, crisps and dips. Hot soup in kettles.

Gluten free bread and snacks are also available.

Last edited by GadgetGal; May 22, 2016 at 1:44 am
Old May 22, 2016, 4:52 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel
Original Poster

Housekeeping notice

I have now caught up with all the recent updates (thanks everyone, couldn't possibly keep this thread going without your help).

Also added is a section for Iceland (perhaps in the vain hope that a lounge might be offered to BA passengers sometime in the near future)
Old May 22, 2016, 6:46 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Honors Diamond, Mucci de buveur de gin
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
I've been to some strange lounges in my time, but this is something else!

New BA lounge: AAR - Aarhus / Denmark. Formerly known as Ĺrhus.
Thanks for the update. I'll be passing through there in August on my way to GOT. I had wondered if there was a lounge so it's nice to see there is one!
Old May 23, 2016, 5:47 am

Programs: BA
Just a short update - there is no lounge available for BA passengers at CHQ.
Old May 24, 2016, 11:44 am

CWS minor updates posting area.

LYS Hegoa no longer Priority Pass. Cash entry 28€. Open from 05 hrs to the last flight.

BIQ and EGC, confirmed no lounges.

Prospero: a number of TBC's need to be changed to "no access", eg. the Greek ones.

Last edited by corporate-wage-slave; Jun 12, 2016 at 6:22 am
Old May 25, 2016, 4:34 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Kernow
Hello,

Small update on DME Navigator Lounge.

Definitely no Champagne or spirits available.
Can confirm - was laughed at when I asked for Champagne, looked at blankly when I asked for Gin / Whisky.
Old May 28, 2016, 4:16 pm

On the Wiki page it mentions KLX is tbc. Just done the flight and to confirm there is no lounge access (there is no lounge of any sort at the airport). Some other pointers:

- Airport has four stands, each walking from the stairs to the terminal.
- No Priority security
- Technically a Club Europe check in desk, but non status passengers were in the queue (some 50 persons deep) so you would need to jump to the front to the chorus of tuttering behind you.
- 1 baggage belt.
- Check in desks open 2 hours before flight
- Airport has a grand total of four check in desks
- Four gates, although, not sure whether 2 x 2 double doors counts as four gates really.
- Small bar both landside and airside plus a very small duty free area.
- Sixt, Enterprise, Avis, Budget, Hertz all have a presence at the airport.
- Didnt see an ATM, though might just have missed it.
- Saw what I think was the load sheet as it was left on my seat. J was under catered outbound which explained why there was a particularly grumpy passenger on the back row of Club Europe but interestingly Y had 6 spares. Y catering was the usual sandwich and bun.

Hope that helps.
Old May 28, 2016, 4:38 pm

Originally Posted by hillwalker2004
On the Wiki page it mentions KLX is tbc. Just done the flight and to confirm there is no lounge access (there is no lounge of any sort at the airport). Some other pointers:
Thanks for that, I won't be going there for a few more weeks. It sounds quite like the standard for many Greek airports in terms of arrangements and facilities Did you notice whether OLCI worked departing KLX? It typically doesn't at this sort of airport.
Old May 31, 2016, 12:43 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold (GGL/CCR), HHonors Diamond
<deleted>

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.