Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 30, 2015, 3:57 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: S_W_S
European BA destinations without lounge access.
As investigated by FlyerTalk's very own c-w-s. (See post.)

No lounge, and no other lounge in airport: Typically these airports also have very limited facilities airside
BGO, BIA, BIQ, CFU, CHQ, CMF, EFL, EGC, FDH, FSC, FUE, GNB, GRX, JSI, JTR, KGS, KLX, LEI, LIG, MAH, MJV, NTE, OVD, PUY (their VIP lounge isn't available to passengers), PVK, UIP, ZTH (LCY has an external lounge in a separate building, so in the CIP category).

No lounge, but vouchers provided
LPA perhaps temporarily as of 1 May 2019

No lounge for BA, but there is for other airlines / Priority Pass
ACE, CAG (see this post), CGN (route suspended), FNC, HER (lounge opening times restricted), HUY (route suspended), KRK, OLB (BA charter CE can use lounge however), OPO, NUE (lounge is airside but register landside) Lounge at NUE now available to BA PAX (see this post), PMO (lounge closed until end of 2022), SKG , SPU, STR, SVQ. For RHO (see this post), TLL (route suspended).

No lounge for BA, but airport CIP lounge available
BDS (but very limited in scope, €25 online), BJV (€25 walk up fee), JMK (also PP), LCY (separate building), MPL (€18),

New routes with lounge
AAL, BIO, FLR, INV, KRK, VLC.

Print Wikipost

BA Lounge Database | Europe

Search this Thread

Old Jun 6, 2015, 6:29 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by paul4040
Were you the only person in Club? No other status passengers either?
The status report was one bronze in ET and one CWS in CE. Eastern Airways turbo prop service, but standard BACF catering (chicken and scone). 18 passengers in all. Unusually we had captain, first officer and engineer today.

[And it's €50 for the taxi from Angers Mercure Centre hotel, to save us both looking for another thread].
Old Jun 6, 2015, 7:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
The status report was one bronze in ET and one CWS in CE. Eastern Airways turbo prop service, but standard BACF catering (chicken and scone). 18 passengers in all. Unusually we had captain, first officer and engineer today.

[And it's €50 for the taxi from Angers Mercure Centre hotel, to save us both looking for another thread].
BA are selling Club on a T3 service?

There's not even a curtain!

Also do the T3 props even have an oven?
Old Jun 6, 2015, 7:53 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Calchas
Also do the T3 props even have an oven?
I don't know how she did it, but both chicken and scone were warm, possibly she used her cigarette lighter to good effect.
Old Jun 6, 2015, 11:11 am

Programs: I go wherever the content takes me.

BA do sell Club on T3 services yes. I've got one to DUS coming up - though I'm sat down the back for that one.

PS: thanks for the taxi info, CWS.
Old Jun 6, 2015, 12:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by paul4040
BA do sell Club on T3 services yes. I've got one to DUS coming up - though I'm sat down the back for that one.

PS: thanks for the taxi info, CWS.
Do you get a blocked seat on the right-hand side? Or is it just a meal?
Old Jun 6, 2015, 12:25 pm

Programs: I go wherever the content takes me.

No blocked seat, same as the Embraers. In fact EF tells me nobody has picked a seat in CE on my flight next month; there are 5 CE seats available (1CD, 2CD and 2A. No 1A on these aircraft).

1845 departure from LCY on a Friday night, so it's surprising. There will no doubt be last minute bookings.
Old Jun 10, 2015, 2:17 pm

New lounge - Tirana

Tirana has a new lounge. The BA arrangements are a little uncertain, the staff think the contract hasn't been signed yet, but there was no actual difficulty in entering, other than that the lounge agent asked for my card. The boarding pass doesn't have the whole FF number, so that was understandable. I suspect access will be regularised fairly soon, I wasn't the only BA admission this evening, so I'm confident about adding it here. The new lounge is visually attractive with a countryside theme, and very practical in terms of the variety of working and seating arrangements, but not brilliant on the food front. The other main improvement is toilets inside the lounge. It opened 3 weeks ago.

TIA - Tirana
TIA Air Business Lounge
Contract lounge
Tirana International Airport Nënë Tereza

Airside, after passport control, to the left and upstairs from the main duty free shop.

Opening hours
04:00 to 23:00 hrs

Access
Standard BA rules
Priority Pass
Lounge Angel

Food and beverages
Cereals, croissants, jam, boiled eggs in the morning, green and stuffed olives, pickled beet, cucumber (gherkin), red peppers, feta, tomato soup, wrapped sandwiches, tinned peaches and plums, apples and oranges, biscuits, cakes. No crisps or nuts.
Range of spirits, including Raki Rrushi and many vodka varieties, but no gin!
Soft drinks: juice, coca cola and zero, still and sparkling water
Coffee (Pascucci capsule) and kettle/tea sachets (local supplier).
Red wine: Shesh i zi
White wine: Shesh i bardhe (both Albanian)
No champagne.
Microwave

Entertainment
3 Apple Mac PCs
Free wifi
Wifi printer

Toilets but no showers in lounge
No smoking.
Recorded bird tweets rather than muzak.

Old Jun 10, 2015, 2:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The boarding pass doesn't have the whole FF number, so that was understandable.
Have you actually been granted a personalized FF number like 01?

Are they projecting an image of outdoor scenery onto the walls?

Certainly some stylish décor
Old Jun 10, 2015, 2:43 pm

Originally Posted by Calchas
Have you actually been granted a personalized FF number like 01?
No, there's no online or App check in at TIA, so it's old fashioned cards here, but the FF number comes out as xxxxx001, which wasn't much help at the lounge. Good security though.
Old Jun 11, 2015, 10:06 am

Programs: BA Silver, AClub Platinum, Hilton & Marriott Silver, SPG, others
The DUB executive lounge:

Now open until 21:00
Soup is available
€19.95 paid access
Old Jun 16, 2015, 2:41 am

New lounge entry for Spain

BIO - Bilbao
BIO Sala VIP
Contract lounge
Bilbao Airport

Airside, after security in front of gate 2, so before passport control (which is done by the flight's gate shortly before departure).

Opening hours
05:30 (06:30 at weekends) to 21:30 hrs

Access
Standard BA rules
No PriorityPass or Lounge Angel access
Paid entrance is available at the door €26.50

Food and beverages
Yoghurt, salad, fruit salad, fruit, sandwiches biscuits (sweet and savoury), rusks with jam, crisps, croissants.
Limited range of spirits, Beefeater gin.
Soft drinks: Good range of fruit juice, Fanta, iced tea, energy drinks, Coke cola and Diet Coke, still water in mini bottles. Water cooler dispenses sparkling water.
Coffee: Nespresso capsules including de-caffeinated
Wine: Montelciego rioja, Camino de Castilla Ribera del Duero, Seńora Rosa, and Verdejo
No champagne.
Beer: Carlsberg and Mahou Original lagers.
Microwave

Entertainment
2 shared access PCs and 1 work station place
Free wifi (code from front desk)

No smoking.

More photos in this post, courtesy of rxfleming.

Further discussion on BIO lounge access is here, however now that access has been agreed the contents are now largely redundant.

Last edited by corporate-wage-slave; Jun 18, 2015 at 3:04 pm Reason: Additional info courtesy of pauldb
Old Jun 18, 2015, 2:57 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold/GGL, IHG Diamond AMB
The old TIA lounge was great - I wonder why they opened the new one? Must head back there soon - I love Albania
Old Jun 18, 2015, 3:52 pm

Italy - probably a new entry for Olbia. There is a lounge, it even has a BA sign on the door, however in the lounge book it says that the lounge is for Club Europe passengers on BA charter flights only, not the new regular service to Terminal 5! Now as daft entrance rules go, that's the daftest one I've come across yet (albeit in an extensive litany), so I'll see if I can get BA management to look at it.

It is quite a good lounge, with a lot of food and drink originating from Sardinia.

OLB - Olbia
OLB Club Lounge
Contract Lounge
Olbia Costa Smeralda Airport, Sardinia

Airside, after security before gate 1, entrance in the duty free shop next to Chanel display (easy to miss)

Opening hours
06 to 22 hrs

Access
Club Europe on BA charter flights (awaiting confirmation)
No PriorityPass or Lounge Angel access
Paid entrance is available at the door €25

Food and beverages
Yoghurt, foccacia bread, fresh fruit, biscuits, chocolates, sweets, savoury snacks, cakes, mooncakes, nut mix, croissants, honey, chocolate bread. Almost all of this appears to be Sardinian sourced.
Soft drinks: Good range of fruit juice, Fanta, iced tea, energy drinks, Crodino bitters, lemon soda, Coca cola and Diet Coke, local still and sparkling water in mini bottles.
Coffee: Nespresso capsules including de-caffeinated. Twinings tea. Milk hidden in back of fridge
Range of spirits including Sardinian Mirlo di Domu (Myrtle liquor), limoncello and a myrtle equivalent at 32% ABV! But no gin.
Wine: Vermentino di Gallura "Funtanaliras" and "Piras", Cannonau di Sardegna, Cantina Tani Serranu Isola dei Nuraghi, Tenute Olbios 'Nessuno' Rosso dei Colli del Limbara.
No champagne.
Beer: Ichnusa (Cagliari larger)

Entertainment
Front desk keeps a stack of iPads for guest use
Free wifi - airport has free and open access connectivity
Power points, Italian 3 pin and USB.

No smoking.
Views over apron and runway.

The BA logo is in the 2nd column towards the top.
Old Jun 19, 2015, 4:25 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, then a handful of points on everything else.
Hi, I was flying out of OPO yesterday (post #25). The couple in front of me at the bag drop were told there was no lounge for BAEC members, but after reading this thread I thought I'd check at the lounge itself. I was told the same and shown the folder with the list of eligibility which had 'Brussels' but no 'British'.
Old Jun 19, 2015, 4:36 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by internetplumber
Hi, I was flying out of OPO yesterday (post #25). The couple in front of me at the bag drop were told there was no lounge for BAEC members, but after reading this thread I thought I'd check at the lounge itself. I was told the same and shown the folder with the list of eligibility which had 'Brussels' but no 'British'.
So yes OPO is listed in this thread here http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/19761515-post25.html

But on the oneworld lounge database http://www.oneworld.com/ffp/lounge-access/

Ana Lounge
Location details: In boarding area close to gate 31
Opening hours: from 5:00h to 23:00h
Operated by a third party. May be used only by eligible customers when travelling on: Iberia
So I am not sure whether it is available to BA customers. Do you remember what MMB said under lounges for your booking?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.