Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Dubrovnik - why no online check-in?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 27, 2018, 3:53 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Theredboxx
Today I m trying to check in for my business class flight from DBV to LGW and OLCI is not available even today so no real progress
Many thanks for this update, I'm not surprised, I believe DBV uses a local interface to FLY, BA's dispatch system, which forces everyone to check in locally. Welcome to Flyetalk and welcome to the BA forum Theredboxx, I hope you had a good time there, and I also hope we will see more of you in this resource.
Old Oct 27, 2018, 4:05 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Many thanks for this update, I'm not surprised, I believe DBV uses a local interface to FLY, BA's dispatch system, which forces everyone to check in locally. Welcome to Flyetalk and welcome to the BA forum Theredboxx, I hope you had a good time there, and I also hope we will see more of you in this resource.
DBV is not BA's fault/choice. The airport has a strict condition that all airlines must use the airport's system and not their own - the alternative is not to fly there.
Old Oct 27, 2018, 5:11 am

Programs: BAEC Gold! Thanks to FT
I am pretty sure as well that due to this you can check in before the BA desks open. When I travelled through there a couple of years ago I used the allow an hour before check in opens for issues getting to the airport and was there 3 hours before. When I asked where BA would check in, a lady took me to a generic assistance/information check in desk at the side where BA boarding cards and bag tags printed and luggage accepted and off to the lounge.

Not wanting to take this off off topic but at Malaga you can check in online but you only get access to fast track security with an airport check in desk boarding pass. Mobile and print at home ones don’t allow fast track.
Old Oct 27, 2018, 5:13 am

If it is any consolation, it is the same on LX and OU.
Old Oct 27, 2018, 5:21 am

A number of carriers (Lufthansa amongst those) will allow web check-in through the airport’s own web page (via iport.travelport), same goes for other airports in the region (e.g. Sarajevo, Pristina & even Belgrade).

http://www.airport-dubrovnik.hr/inde...s/web-check-in

G
Old Oct 27, 2018, 6:35 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by KeaneJohn
Not wanting to take this off off topic but at Malaga you can check in online but you only get access to fast track security with an airport check in desk boarding pass. Mobile and print at home ones don’t allow fast track.
The App does allow access to the Fast Lane if flying Club Europe from AGP.
Old Oct 27, 2018, 6:42 am

Originally Posted by AlicorporateUK
A number of carriers (Lufthansa amongst those) will allow web check-in through the airport’s own web page (via iport.travelport), same goes for other airports in the region (e.g. Sarajevo, Pristina & even Belgrade).

Web check-in

G
Interesting. The direct link is here, I wonder if it works with a BA 125 ticket number or PNR locator?

https://niko.hr/webcheckin/Default.a...port=DBV&self=
Old Oct 27, 2018, 8:15 am
Suspended

Programs: SQ LPPS, A3 *G, BA Silver aiming for Bronze
Originally Posted by AlicorporateUK

Web check-in

G
I tried this four weeks ago on OS and it didn't work, just kept throwing me out or round in circles. Check in at the airport was fine.
Old Oct 27, 2018, 10:34 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
The direct link is here, I wonder if it works with a BA 125 ticket number or PNR locator?
It should do, yes (I have been using it on a regular basis with various airlines and from a number of airports within the region — mostly Sarajevo, Belgrade, Pristina and indeed Dubrovnik).

That said, here are a few things to bear in mind [should the system recognise either the 125 ticket or the BA’s PNR locator]:

1. The frequent flyer number cannot be amended during web check-in and will not appear on the boarding pass either (lounge access, if applicable, not a problem, at least in my own experience — lounge staff should be able to see status in their own systems if, needless to say, the correct frequent flyer number was entered at the time of booking);

2. Seat selection not available in most cases (you get a random seat assigned, unless you had previously selected one during the booking process);

3. Checking-in for connecting flights could get a bit tricky — the system should allow check-in for the first leg however web check-in for the second flight should be done directly through the airline’s website (I recently did Sarajevo-Belgrade-Rome on Air Serbia/Alitalia and had to check-in via the Sarajevo’s airport website for the first leg and the last segment through BEG’s web page!).

G

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.