Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Partyweekend Seoul part2, Around Saturday 15/12

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13, 2012, 5:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Have fun, folks, and travel safe.

Not sure that 13 FTers flying on the same a/c on the 13th isn't tempting fate, though
Old Dec 13, 2012, 5:47 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, BAEC Silver, Thai Silver, Bangkok Air, Krisflyer Blue

We're off on the plane 10E&F. Very busy. One of my party of 6 was opuped to F..

Last edited by qwest01; Dec 13, 2012 at 5:56 am
Old Dec 13, 2012, 6:39 pm

Programs: BA Gold, A3 White, HH Gold, Accor Plat.

Arrived safe and sound! First was great! I'm doing that again :-)
Old Dec 14, 2012, 2:08 am
Suspended

Programs: BA gold card, TH
Originally Posted by qwest01
We're off on the plane 10E&F. Very busy. One of my party of 6 was opuped to F..
Yep, indeed. Much to one of the party being slightly bemused at this as she spent a significant amount of time in the FIRST cabin prior to take off!
Old Dec 14, 2012, 3:12 am

Programs: BA Gold, MilesandSmiles Elite, IHG Spire, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold
Made it to HKG safe & sound... The BA flight arriving into ICN over an hour late meant I only had 30 minutes to transfer to my CX flight, but ICN is a remarkable airport, so I made the transfer with plenty of time to spare.

Enjoyed seat 10A in club world and thought food & service was of a reasonable standard. Especially impressed that despite falling asleep before the first meal service commenced, that the cabin crew didn't disturb me. When I woke up the meal service was in full swing with mains being served, but the cabin crew quickly noticed that I was awake & sorted me out with a starter. Big thumbs up...

Regional business class on the very full CX flight to HKG was sublime. Seat 15C was old, but very comfortable. Service & food was phenomenal. I don't know what CX do when training their cabin crew, but they seem to create perfection. Enjoyed every bite, drink and minute on the flight & didn't want it to end.

HKG was very busy on arrival, but as efficient as ever. From landing at 1pm, I was checked into the Crowne Plaza in Causeway bay by 2.15pm.

Have had a little snooze and now ready to hit the town...

Christickler
Old Dec 14, 2012, 3:26 am

Programs: BA Gold, MilesandSmiles Elite, IHG Spire, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold
Forgot to add the following;

*Thanks to Karfa for guesting me into CCR lounge. Enjoyed whatever Pink champagne we were consuming very much.

*Due to the above, I needed a couple of pain killers mid flight. Cabin crew were happy to oblige, but I felt the whole process took far too long including completing a form! Minor moan, but I could see the tablets in his hands and had to wait what seemed like a good ten minutes to be given them.... Not good with a pounding self induced headache!
Old Dec 14, 2012, 3:39 am
Suspended

Programs: BA gold card, TH
Originally Posted by Christickler
I needed a couple of pain killers mid flight. Cabin crew were happy to oblige, but I felt the whole process took far too long including completing a form!
Interesting!! I think the fact that the crew only recived 1 hr 55 minutes break on a circa 11 hour flight clearly demonstrates their slowness (or should I say greenness)

Word is, WWF would have recieved a circa 3 hour crew rest on such a long sector
Old Dec 14, 2012, 11:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Iberia, BAEC GOLD/ Priority Club : ROYAL Amb / Miles and More: SEN
Forgot to add the following;

*Thanks to Karfa for guesting me into CCR lounge. Enjoyed whatever Pink champagne we were consuming very much.

*Due to the above, I needed a couple of pain killers mid flight. Cabin crew were happy to oblige, but I felt the whole process took far too long including completing a form! Minor moan, but I could see the tablets in his hands and had to wait what seemed like a good ten minutes to be given them.... Not good with a pounding self induced headache!
P*ssy ;-) The pink delight was Bollinger Rose, the James Bond champagne In fact the normal is 007 Champagne. In your case the 007 stands for the reason of headache.

Glad you made the flight!

Here all fine. Finally got into the Intercontinental ! How I missed this Royal Ambassador feeling in a normal room in the Hilton ;-)

Tonight heading for the legendary NME7-bbq + walk in the town ;-)
Old Dec 16, 2012, 5:38 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Heading back to the UK today and in the Asiana lounge (concourse A) near the bookcase. Say hi if you are around.
Old Dec 17, 2012, 4:31 am

just for future reference, if you ask for painkillers by name just a name is needed, crew can just hand them over (obviously monitoring how many you are given). If you just complain of a headache or any other minor complaints, a full medical incident form needs to be filled in, its a bore but its because technically the crew are having to assess your complaint and administer a drug based on your symptoms. legalities!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.