Wiki Posts
Search

LGW - Tampa on a 777 - AVOD?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 13, 2012, 7:26 am
Original Poster

LGW - Tampa on a 777 - AVOD?

Hi all

Sorry if this question has already been answered, I have had a look around but there are just so many threads! It's obviously a hugely active forum!

In April next year we will be flying to Tampa from London Gatwick (and back again) and all the flight info we've been given is that it will be a 777. I was just wondering if this was likely to have AVOD entertainment onboard? I've tried reading loads of information on which of BA's aircrafts have AVOD onboard and which don't and on which routes those planes are used for and...to be honest I think I have completely confused myself.

If anyone can help that would be great, or if the answer is wait and see, I'll take that too!

Thanks

Lorelai
Old Nov 13, 2012, 7:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
All LGW aircraft have AVOD.
Old Nov 13, 2012, 7:38 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Tampa is a 3-class 777 route (WT, WT+ and CW) so unless there is an AC change you should definitely have AVOD as all 3-class 777 have AVOD.
Old Nov 13, 2012, 8:34 am
Original Poster

Thanks for your responses.

One little thing I'm confused about though is that we are travelling in Club World and we have seats on rows 13 and 14, but on the three class 777 config, it doesn't seem to go up that far. Does that mean we will be on a four-class aircraft?
Old Nov 13, 2012, 8:44 am

Programs: BA Silver, HHonours Gold, Mucci of Pucci, Oyster Card, Nectar Card, Father's Day Card
Originally Posted by lorelai
Thanks for your responses.

One little thing I'm confused about though is that we are travelling in Club World and we have seats on rows 13 and 14, but on the three class 777 config, it doesn't seem to go up that far. Does that mean we will be on a four-class aircraft?
Yeah - CW goes to row 11 on a 3 class - so it looks like you are on a 4 class. Some times if CW is over sold some lucky people will find themselves in an F seat with CW service.
Old Nov 13, 2012, 9:16 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
If that is the case then there is a chance that there won't be AVOD as some of the 4 class 777 do not yet have AVOD (and they are often punting those backwards and forwards between LHR and LGW at the moment). By April most should have been converted to AVOD though so you probably still have a very good chance for AVOD.
Old Nov 13, 2012, 10:49 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA Lifetime Gold 1.8mm, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold et al
Originally Posted by edi-traveller
Yeah - CW goes to row 11 on a 3 class - so it looks like you are on a 4 class. Some times if CW is over sold some lucky people will find themselves in an F seat with CW service.
How are those allocated then?
Old Nov 13, 2012, 10:51 am

Originally Posted by oxmatt
If that is the case then there is a chance that there won't be AVOD as some of the 4 class 777 do not yet have AVOD (and they are often punting those backwards and forwards between LHR and LGW at the moment). By April most should have been converted to AVOD though so you probably still have a very good chance for AVOD.
all gatwick aircraft now have avod including the 4 class
Old Nov 13, 2012, 12:49 pm

Since when? Do the 4 class have the Thales system?
Old Nov 13, 2012, 12:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by DG55
Since when? Do the 4 class have the Thales system?
There is no Thales aircraft at LGW, they all have the Rockwell AVOD system.
Old Nov 13, 2012, 12:59 pm

Thought so, I only asked because it seems suprising that the 'old' system would have been retro-fitted to the 4 class aircraft quite recently.
Old Nov 13, 2012, 1:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The only aircraft to get the Rockwell AVOD were the ones delivered with the Rockwell tape system.
The -300s come with Thales and the GMIS aircraft are refitted and rewired for Thales.

Last edited by Can I help you; Nov 14, 2012 at 7:29 am
Old Nov 14, 2012, 7:26 am
Original Poster

Thank you very much for all your answers. Can't wait!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.