Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

[Executive Club sale, 14-19 November] 25% off the Avios on direct longhaul flights

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 16, 2012, 11:22 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: BA6501

Celebrate with 25% off reward flights
One year ago we introduced Avios to the Executive Club. To celebrate our first year, we’re having a fantastic 25% off reward flights sale. This offer is an all cabin sale on British Airways to Zone 4 and beyond. All you have to do is book a reward flight between 14 and 19 November 2012, for travel before 31 May 2013, and you’ll need 25% fewer Avios.

If you don’t have enough Avios to book a flight to a Zone 4 or beyond you can always purchase more. You can also get 25% off an Avios & Money booking. Plus, if you book a reward flight with our partner airline, Iberia, you’ll get 25% off reward flights as well. It’s a fantastic way for all our Club Members to celebrate this occasion in style. So book now.

Terms and Conditions
This promotion is only open to Eligible Participants. An eligible participant is a person aged 18 or over and is a British Airways Executive Club (“BAEC”) Member (membership terms and conditions apply). By taking part in this promotion, Eligible Participants confirm they accept the terms and conditions below.

All Executive Club Members are eligible for this offer which is available via ba.com or by contacting your local Executive Club Service Centre. Booking surcharges may be applicable if you do not book via ba.com. No registration is required.

†Eligible Participants can receive a 25% discount on all full redemption bookings and Avios & Money bookings. For the avoidance of doubt, the 25% discount applies only to the Avios amount in an Avios & Money booking, and does not apply to the cash amount required, which is not discounted. Upgrades are not included in this offer and will not have the 25% discount applied.

25% discount applies to the Avios amount required for the reward flight only, and does not include taxes, fees and carrier charges, which are not discounted.

Taxes, fees and carrier charges will be charged in the local currency and will be higher for World Traveller Plus, Club Europe, Club World and First cabins.

The actual taxes, fees and carrier charges amount that will apply to your selected journey will be displayed during the booking process.

Flights are subject to availability and capacity control in redemption class, and are subject to BAEC Terms and Conditions.

Offer valid for redemption of reward flights between 14 and 19 November for travel between 14 November and 31 May 2013. British Airways does not accept any responsibility in the event that Eligible Participants are unable to book a Qualifying Flight. Some flights may be unavailable or have limited availability, particularly during periods of high demand such as national festivals or holidays.

The 25% Avios discount on reward flights is only available on British Airways operated flights and selected Iberia operated flights.

25% Avios discount applies only to flights in zones 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 and 9, (to and from the UK) and will not apply to connecting flights which are not into or out of zone 4 and above. Flights to and from zones 1, 2 and 3 are not included in this offer, even if the Eligible Participant is connecting onto a zone 4 and above flight.

All cabins are included in this offer. Destinations included in this offer are the following: Abuja, Cairo, Jeddah, Kuwait, Tel Aviv, Abu Dhabi, Accra, Bahrain, Baltimore, Bermuda, Boston, Chicago, Doha, Dubai, Lagos, Montreal, Muscat, New York, Philadelphia, Riyadh, Toronto, Washington, Antigua, Atlanta, Barbados, Beijing, Bangalore, Calgary, Cancun, Cape Town, Chennai, Dallas, Dar Es Salaam, Delhi, Denver, Entebbe, Grand Cayman, Grenada, Houston, Hyderabad, Johannesburg, Kingston, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Luanda, Lusaka, Male, Mexico City, Miami, Montego Bay, Mumbai, Nairobi, Nassau, Orlando, Phoenix, Port Of Spain, Providenciales, Punta Cana, San Diego, San Francisco, Seattle, St Kitts, St Lucia, Tampa, Tobago, Trinidad, Vancouver, Bangkok, Hong Kong, Mauritius, Rio De Janeiro, Sao Paulo, Shanghai, Tokyo, Buenos Aires, Singapore, Sydney, Beirut.

This promotion cannot be used in conjunction with any other British Airways offer or promotion.

The promoter reserves the right to withdraw the promotion or amend these terms and conditions without prior notice at any time, for whatever reason, and without any liability to customers for doing so.

Promotional materials form part of these terms and conditions. This promotion shall be governed by the laws of England & Wales and the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.

You may be able to change the flight after booking (in MMB at least, if your booking allows that) to a flight/flights after 31 May 2013.
Print Wikipost

[Executive Club sale, 14-19 November] 25% off the Avios on direct longhaul flights

Search this Thread

Old Nov 14, 2012, 12:58 am

Programs: BA Gold, Virgin Gold, Starwood Gold
Originally Posted by kitbag1984
I am able to get to the one that says "do you have consent of all the passengers"

Having never cancelled online before, does this mean that I Can go ahead?!

How long does it take to recredit miles?
I just cancelled my existing flight to PHX, my miles & 2-4-1 were re-credited straight away but I did have to log out & log in again for them to show in my account. Immediately booked same day, same flights as before. 25K miles saved.......thank you BA.

Last edited by Oilrig fella; Nov 14, 2012 at 1:08 am Reason: Spelling
Old Nov 14, 2012, 1:05 am

Thanks all but its showing no availability for my original dates. Or any other for that matter!!

Will leave it alone thanks.
Old Nov 14, 2012, 1:07 am

Great deal. Sadly I cannot cancel and rebook a 241 booking BUT it comes in very handy for a load of other flights I have next year but haven't yet booked. One question, can I booked and pay a change few to change dates or will I get hit for the extra 25% avios when I make the change closer to the flight times?
Old Nov 14, 2012, 1:11 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by COOLIO
Great deal. Sadly I cannot cancel and rebook a 241 booking BUT it comes in very handy for a load of other flights I have next year but haven't yet booked. One question, can I booked and pay a change few to change dates or will I get hit for the extra 25% avios when I make the change closer to the flight times?
I doubt you will - my initial thought was to change my JFK-LHR flight to an earlier one and see if it refunded the Avios difference - it didn't, hence the cancel/rebook I'm trying to do
Old Nov 14, 2012, 2:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by darthlemsip
Rang Gold line, they said you can't cancel cash+Avios bookings automatically online anymore
I wonder what the reason is for this "enhancement"...
Old Nov 14, 2012, 2:07 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by clubman
I wonder what the reason is for this "enhancement"...
It's certainly an odd one, but I'll take it with a pinch of salt as I have a long-haul flight that I know is Avios only, that's within the time scales of the 25% off offer, and it's doing the same thing for that - whereas the short haul flights are behaving as normal if I try to cancel.

Anyway, I'm re-booked now - £150 cheaper and 18k Avios back, same flight, same seats. Just took an hour for the Avios to recredit to my account
Old Nov 14, 2012, 2:09 am

Programs: Various
I'm assuming there's no way of cancelling and rebooking just the inbound of 2-4-1 where the outbound has been flown...
Old Nov 14, 2012, 3:21 am

Boom! 30K miles back in the account thanks to a cancel and rebook. although £50 poorer. still a win in my eyes
Old Nov 14, 2012, 3:22 am

Programs: BA Silver, IHG Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
Typical :-)

My inlaws and their friends are on 4 x F return to MAN-LHR-JFK leaving on 28th Nov using my Avios (i'm a very good son-in-law).

As this was 480k Avios - I could have saved 120k !!!

Or maybe not as sadly no availability showing to rebook in parallel and as it's their 65th birthdays and everything else is booked I am not going to take the risk of cancelling and seeing if they become available again as i'm sure that would not go down very well.

Hey ho, such is the benefit of grabbing seats so long ago - at least you get what you want.
Old Nov 14, 2012, 3:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Originally Posted by donkeyk
I'm assuming there's no way of cancelling and rebooking just the inbound of 2-4-1 where the outbound has been flown...
You could call up and try, in theory you should be able to do it. However, paying the offline fee may negate the miles refund. If you can't rebook the same flights, call and move your return back or forward by a day.
Old Nov 14, 2012, 3:36 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
Where is this anyway? Had a look and can see no mention of it and tried some dummy bookings and zro difference in the Avios needed.
Old Nov 14, 2012, 3:44 am

Just cancelled the LHR-LAS for April and rebooked, had to call as i was using a 2 for 1 outside the HH account, they wanted to charge me £15 booking fee which was waved on the previous booking. Then I added an extra leg to jer in Y on the return and the fee was then waved as its a mixed class booking so can't be done on-line. Another fee saving tip!!
Thanks FT, saved a bunch of Avios and still have my original seats, luckily the reward seat went straight back into the pool as they were the last 2 on that flight. It was a very nervous few mins on hold after I cancelled on-line as I could see then but not book due to the 2 for 1, felt like waiting for an exam!!, there was a backup plan though as there was availability 2 days before but really wanted the same dated and got them. Makes up for lasts nights mistake when at 11.45 my wife told me to book flights for her in the sale and just as it processed the amex card it past midnight so failed after I had done the card safe bit, Oh well that only cost me £100 extra... some you win and some you loose.
Old Nov 14, 2012, 3:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by xenole
Where is this anyway? Had a look and can see no mention of it and tried some dummy bookings and zro difference in the Avios needed.
What dates did you try?
Old Nov 14, 2012, 3:50 am

Originally Posted by darthlemsip
I doubt you will - my initial thought was to change my JFK-LHR flight to an earlier one and see if it refunded the Avios difference - it didn't, hence the cancel/rebook I'm trying to do
I did just do this, and the seats went straight back into inventory. Hang up and call again. I did my cancellation online though!
Old Nov 14, 2012, 3:55 am

Programs: BAEC, HHonors Gold, Amex
This is really quite annoying. I would cancel and rebook my JFK-MAN one way flight that I have booked for next May and save myself 10,000 Avios but just last week I reserved my seat. I assume that I would lose that money if I cancelled, so it isn't worth doing.

If only I'd waited another week. Still, such is life.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.