Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

[Executive Club sale, 14-19 November] 25% off the Avios on direct longhaul flights

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 16, 2012, 11:22 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: BA6501

Celebrate with 25% off reward flights
One year ago we introduced Avios to the Executive Club. To celebrate our first year, we’re having a fantastic 25% off reward flights sale. This offer is an all cabin sale on British Airways to Zone 4 and beyond. All you have to do is book a reward flight between 14 and 19 November 2012, for travel before 31 May 2013, and you’ll need 25% fewer Avios.

If you don’t have enough Avios to book a flight to a Zone 4 or beyond you can always purchase more. You can also get 25% off an Avios & Money booking. Plus, if you book a reward flight with our partner airline, Iberia, you’ll get 25% off reward flights as well. It’s a fantastic way for all our Club Members to celebrate this occasion in style. So book now.

Terms and Conditions
This promotion is only open to Eligible Participants. An eligible participant is a person aged 18 or over and is a British Airways Executive Club (“BAEC”) Member (membership terms and conditions apply). By taking part in this promotion, Eligible Participants confirm they accept the terms and conditions below.

All Executive Club Members are eligible for this offer which is available via ba.com or by contacting your local Executive Club Service Centre. Booking surcharges may be applicable if you do not book via ba.com. No registration is required.

†Eligible Participants can receive a 25% discount on all full redemption bookings and Avios & Money bookings. For the avoidance of doubt, the 25% discount applies only to the Avios amount in an Avios & Money booking, and does not apply to the cash amount required, which is not discounted. Upgrades are not included in this offer and will not have the 25% discount applied.

25% discount applies to the Avios amount required for the reward flight only, and does not include taxes, fees and carrier charges, which are not discounted.

Taxes, fees and carrier charges will be charged in the local currency and will be higher for World Traveller Plus, Club Europe, Club World and First cabins.

The actual taxes, fees and carrier charges amount that will apply to your selected journey will be displayed during the booking process.

Flights are subject to availability and capacity control in redemption class, and are subject to BAEC Terms and Conditions.

Offer valid for redemption of reward flights between 14 and 19 November for travel between 14 November and 31 May 2013. British Airways does not accept any responsibility in the event that Eligible Participants are unable to book a Qualifying Flight. Some flights may be unavailable or have limited availability, particularly during periods of high demand such as national festivals or holidays.

The 25% Avios discount on reward flights is only available on British Airways operated flights and selected Iberia operated flights.

25% Avios discount applies only to flights in zones 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 and 9, (to and from the UK) and will not apply to connecting flights which are not into or out of zone 4 and above. Flights to and from zones 1, 2 and 3 are not included in this offer, even if the Eligible Participant is connecting onto a zone 4 and above flight.

All cabins are included in this offer. Destinations included in this offer are the following: Abuja, Cairo, Jeddah, Kuwait, Tel Aviv, Abu Dhabi, Accra, Bahrain, Baltimore, Bermuda, Boston, Chicago, Doha, Dubai, Lagos, Montreal, Muscat, New York, Philadelphia, Riyadh, Toronto, Washington, Antigua, Atlanta, Barbados, Beijing, Bangalore, Calgary, Cancun, Cape Town, Chennai, Dallas, Dar Es Salaam, Delhi, Denver, Entebbe, Grand Cayman, Grenada, Houston, Hyderabad, Johannesburg, Kingston, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Luanda, Lusaka, Male, Mexico City, Miami, Montego Bay, Mumbai, Nairobi, Nassau, Orlando, Phoenix, Port Of Spain, Providenciales, Punta Cana, San Diego, San Francisco, Seattle, St Kitts, St Lucia, Tampa, Tobago, Trinidad, Vancouver, Bangkok, Hong Kong, Mauritius, Rio De Janeiro, Sao Paulo, Shanghai, Tokyo, Buenos Aires, Singapore, Sydney, Beirut.

This promotion cannot be used in conjunction with any other British Airways offer or promotion.

The promoter reserves the right to withdraw the promotion or amend these terms and conditions without prior notice at any time, for whatever reason, and without any liability to customers for doing so.

Promotional materials form part of these terms and conditions. This promotion shall be governed by the laws of England & Wales and the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.

You may be able to change the flight after booking (in MMB at least, if your booking allows that) to a flight/flights after 31 May 2013.
Print Wikipost

[Executive Club sale, 14-19 November] 25% off the Avios on direct longhaul flights

Search this Thread

Old Nov 13, 2012, 5:59 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by JimEddie
Distinct lack of award seats time
Last night was I dong my pre booking research for LHR-EDI seats to connect on to from MAD and there were loads for my day in May. Tonight I went to book not caring about the sale as it doesn't concern me only to find they've all gone.

Holiday plans will now be put on hold till this malarkey is over.
Old Nov 13, 2012, 6:11 pm

Last edited by angatol; Feb 28, 2015 at 10:09 pm
Old Nov 13, 2012, 6:32 pm

Joy cometh in the morning. Or late afternoon Pacific Standard Time.

This is all hugely pleasing.

Have just helped myself to two F one-ways to and from LAX for the new year, should I need them. The fact that it's come up on ba.com and not just avios.com is also lovely; no d!cking around transferring avios and easy-peasy changes to dates as a BAEC Gold, inventory permitting.

I shall now proceed to celebrate in the traditionally recognised BA FT Board manner by heading off to LAX in an hour so, drinking my body weight in gin in a roomful of Australians prior to catching the (delayed) 268 back to the old country. It is my intention to be comatose from Reno, NV to Portishead. If you're anywhere near row 2 come and draw a moustache on my face (NB I already have a moustache for work; how you get round this is your affair)

Like others here, I'm going to bet my car that a drop in YQ or the introduction of some form of long-haul Reward Saver is announced this instant this 25% deal is through.
Old Nov 13, 2012, 6:34 pm

Originally Posted by Private Pyle
My excuse for going is http://www.defleppard.com/tours . I'm not really that bothered about them but like Vegas in April

Just turn on the radio when in Los Angeles. The radio stations here play the Leppard more frequently than a 47 year old man called Gary who lives with his Mum in Rotherham.
Old Nov 13, 2012, 6:35 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by knifeandfork
(NB I already have a moustache for work;
So the German language course came in useful then?
Old Nov 13, 2012, 9:16 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA Gold, BA Lounge Rats, BA Audit Survivors, CW Kitchen Defender, CX Noodle Connoisseurs Club
After 4 hours of contemplating, I just booked a week in Dubai for January for 180K Avios, a 241 and £1500.

Our first F

The system also kindly selected 1A for me in both directions with Mrs P and Little Miss in E/F seats, couldn't have picked better myself

Lord knows what I'm going to do about a hotel, it's super peak season so the prices are through the roof!! Oh well, you only live once!!!
Old Nov 13, 2012, 11:04 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Has anyone else tried to cancel an existing booking that falls within that timeframe so they can rebook at the lower Avios?

Every long haul redemption booking I have before 31/05/2013 requires me to fill in the manual form, which can take up to 7 days to refund, while every short haul booking, or ones outside of the valid time frame has the normal auto cancel.

What's the odds this will be 'fixed' once this particular sale is over?
Old Nov 13, 2012, 11:17 pm

Programs: BA GGL (but soon to lose the GL :-(), IHG Spire Amb, Hilton Dmnd (and pleb/pleb-plus in 1001 others)
Originally Posted by knifeandfork
Like others here, I'm going to bet my car that a drop in YQ or the introduction of some form of long-haul Reward Saver is announced this instant this 25% deal is through.
To continue with the speculation...

Might BA be about to lower the YQ or introduce a l/h reward saver at the same time as increasing the cost of avios to external companies, such that Tesco et al will have to pay more for them, thus reducing the number earned by non-flying activity, and hence improving the offer to frequent flyers whilst maintaining a similar total cost (after balancing lower earn with lower "fees") for other avios collectors?

(Of course if I'm right, anyone holding a large Tesco balance waiting for an exchange bonus would lose out when the exchange ratio falls!)

Last edited by flibbly; Nov 13, 2012 at 11:21 pm Reason: Add final thought about Tesco point hoarders
Old Nov 13, 2012, 11:47 pm

Can anyone help?: if I was to cancel and rebook an f trio previously booked on a 2 4 1. Is it only e £30 fee that I need to worry about!?
Old Nov 13, 2012, 11:49 pm

Originally Posted by kitbag1984
Can anyone help?: if I was to cancel and rebook an f trio previously booked on a 2 4 1. Is it only e £30 fee that I need to worry about!?
See my post above - everything I have that's suitable to be cancelled and rebooked suddenly has a manual cancellation process that can take up to 7 days.

I'll be ringing the gold line when it opens at 7.30 to see what they can do
Old Nov 14, 2012, 12:03 am

Programs: WestJet Dollars, BAEC, Aeroplan, AirMiles, IHG, BW and others
LOL @ the comments about increasing the cost to 3rd parties for non-flight Avios!

This isn't going to happen any time soon, because this is a good revenue stream.

Redemption availability is higher at the moment on some popular routes than I have EVER seen it.

This implies less paid-for ticket demand.

A filled Redemption seat is better for BA than an empty seat.

As for comments about domestic feeder flights disappearing when this offer started - I've just tried a couple of random dummy bookings and MAN-LHR/LHR-MAN was fully available for both random sets of dates.
Old Nov 14, 2012, 12:03 am

I am able to get to the one that says "do you have consent of all the passengers"

Having never cancelled online before, does this mean that I Can go ahead?!

How long does it take to recredit miles?
Old Nov 14, 2012, 12:09 am

Originally Posted by kitbag1984
I am able to get to the one that says "do you have consent of all the passengers"

Having never cancelled online before, does this mean that I Can go ahead?!

How long does it take to recredit miles?
Does it ask you that first? If so, it should then go through to a screen that details what you will be refunded. If you have that then you're fine and the miles will re-credit straight away (you may have to log out and back in to your BAEC account)
Old Nov 14, 2012, 12:25 am

hi is the sale started on avios because when i go the sal website it just says sale starts on wednesday please be gentle i'm a noob lol
Old Nov 14, 2012, 12:57 am

Rang Gold line, they said you can't cancel cash+Avios bookings automatically online anymore (which must be a new change as I did this on such a booking last month) and he dd it over the phone for me saying the Avios would be back straight away.

Booking has now been cancelled and appears in MMB with a notification saying the cancellation is being processed, but as yet Avios have not re-appeared. Got a horrible feeling this is all going to end rather badly

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.