Community
Wiki Posts
Search

772 with 773 fit out - correct?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 12, 2012, 3:55 am

Originally Posted by darthlemsip
They may refit them with NWT and NWT+ in the future of course - as you say, doesn't make sense to have them without
They might do them half way through there flying lives at 15 years - they should have done this with the 744's but its catch 22 now -they didnt have the money todo it a few years ago and now theres no point almost as man will be going
Old Nov 12, 2012, 4:05 am

Programs: BA Gold
Agreed.

Also, it could just have been something remarkably simple like not having the seats available when they did the NF upgrades?
Old Nov 12, 2012, 4:23 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA Plat
Originally Posted by Speedbirdjclass
They might do them half way through there flying lives at 15 years - they should have done this with the 744's but its catch 22 now -they didnt have the money todo it a few years ago and now theres no point almost as man will be going
I would suspect they will do it eventually.
Another 10 years for the current WT is pushing limits of reality.
Old Nov 12, 2012, 4:26 am

Programs: BA Silver, AF Ivory
Originally Posted by DWFI
I would suspect they will do it eventually.
Another 10 years for the current WT is pushing limits of reality.
Much as I would like to believe this will be the case, the 767s got pretty rank before something was done!
Old Nov 12, 2012, 5:04 am

Programs: BA Gold (OW Emerald) & Jet Airways - Thank goodness i never got started.......most awful FF program
I must say, I am a huge fan of the new WT+, it makes it worth paying the couple of hundred pound premium over WT. in addition, I f you cannot POUG or UUA, you do not feel too disheartened compared to the current seats.

The new IFE is excellent. It has enough movies and shows to keep me going for about 10 hours.
Old Nov 12, 2012, 5:32 am

Programs: BAEC
There's hope. Qantas are currently refurbishing 9 747s with a380 style seating, and they're due to retire in 2018. It'll probably happen with the remaining 777s and a number of 747s.

Originally Posted by dnajockey
Much as I would like to believe this will be the case, the 767s got pretty rank before something was done!
I don't think the various 787 delays helped the situation. I wouldn't expect refurbishing aircraft is a quick decision for both procurement and operational reasons. BA probably didn't know what to do for quite a long time.
Old Nov 12, 2012, 5:34 am

Programs: BA Silver, AF Ivory
Originally Posted by destere
I don't think the various 787 delays helped the situation. I wouldn't expect refurbishing aircraft is a quick decision for both procurement and operational reasons. BA probably didn't know what to do for quite a long time.
Fair point ..... I know that the delayed 787s coming in at the same time as the first 380s is causing some headaches too
Old Nov 12, 2012, 6:18 am

Seat comfort is an interesting topic:

Economy seat width - 747 - 17"
A380 = 18.5" - have flown on EK loads of space
787 in 333 = 16.9"........ not good really

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.