Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Special Seoul launch offer | BA Board excursion

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 16, 2012, 11:10 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Stez

i Preface
This wikipost (and thread) exist because BA introduced a new route in Dec. 2012 from London Heathrow (LHR) Terminal 5 (T5) to Incheon International Airport (ICN), Seoul, Korea. This wikipost links to the latest, most relevant information we have collected for FTers flying or considering this route. The extensive nature of the thread is due to 80 FTers having taken up the special fare conditions during the first month.

Currently there is a glitch and the wikipost can only be edited by a moderator or ambassador - to update this thread, please send a PM to a moderator or ambassador. This wikipost can be edited by anyone, and therefore is superior to a traditional 'first post' as anyone can post new, corrected or updated information and link to that post in this wikipost thereby ensuring no single person has to maintain the first post and that information is always up to date. The suggested procedure is to go to the existing linked post and quote that post (if correcting or updating information) and then make the corrections / updates and remove the [QUOTE] tags. Then come back to this wikipost and link to the post you have just made. For new information, simply post the new information and link to it here. Please check that the information you post is indeed new or correct before posting. Thanks, we hope you find this thread of use and interest.

How to Edit this Wikipost Guide

If you have any issues please contact a moderator for assistance.

Date our next group is underway:

Our first few groups have now made their way across to Seoul, hopefully after enjoying some of this on the flight:

(admittedly not Dom but you get the idea)

ii Contents
01 The original post along with the fare conditions during the sale
02 The 80 FTers that are "launching this route"
03 The lounge and Enroute DO's in Dec 2012
04 The Dates People are Meeting in Seoul
05 The Route Details (aircraft type, cabins fitted, timings)
06 Information for those not familiar with BA or Heathrow
07 Making of an FT legend 80 fliers little bit of crazy whole lot of Seoul Trip Report
08 Publicity of this event
09 Returning to the UK (ICN airport info)
10 Hotels FTers have chosen and recommendations
11Things to do in Seoul
12 An Example itinerary for the overnighters
13 Food / Drink in Seoul
14 Transport while in Seoul
15 Weather
16 Links to FT Trip Reports and other sources of info
17 Language
18 Cultural Points
19 Money Matters (VAT, TIps, Cash or Card, ATMs)
20 Shopping
21 Health / Insurance
22 Electricity / Time
23 Legal Points to consider
24 Disabled/Gay/Smokers/Women travellers/Safety and Security
25 Internet / (mobile) Phones / Apps
26 Hazards (we may not be aware of)
27 The city never sleeps (opening times, holidays)
28 Police / Fighting / Taekwando
29 Public Toilets
30 Current offers (any sales we know of)
31 Following the launch antics via twitter
32 Archived Info (to keep the first post relevant)
iii Acknowledgments
This thread (guide) is an ongoing collaborative effort and could not have been produced without everyone here first being informed about the new route and incredible sale conditions by BApilotinsider, who started this thread originally, the resultant large interest from the FT community, and finally the kind contributions of many throughout this thread, with a special nod to itsmeitisss and UTA_flyinghigh. We hope it is of use not only to those going during the introductory month but also evolves later on when the route is mature.
wikipost updated to post 849
Print Wikipost

Special Seoul launch offer | BA Board excursion

Search this Thread

Old Dec 23, 2012, 10:54 am

Programs: BA GGL (for now) and Lifetime Gold, Marriott fan thanks to Bonvoy Moments
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
Not sure you are correct, the bolded portion clearly excludes any offer, promotion, or deal ... of which the ICN £777 fare was.
Agree that the £777 offer may have been excluded (I did say "unless they're claiming this fell within a general promotion exclusion, as I booking class was valid..."), but given they were quoted as saying ICN was excluded may just be another after the fact decision a la DUB and JER (but a whole other thread for that!)
Old Dec 23, 2012, 12:16 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by father_ted
Many contracts use 'including but not limited to' in this situation... there must be a reason for those four extra words...
Clarity, where the context requires it.
Old Jan 4, 2013, 10:59 pm

Programs: BA Gold, A3 White, HH Gold, Accor Plat.
I beleive I am the last man back from our £777 jolly!

Just a quick update to report that my First First was outstanding!

Korea was amazing and if you have not been, go! (i have booked again for the F1)

As expected the Conrad was great, shame it was only one night on the way home.

As a totally unexpected bonus my J flight on the return was upgraded to F! could not believe it! a first first followed by a second first and first first upgrade!

Anyway Happy New Year all, look forward to catching up with the trip report, can anyone point me to it?
Old Jan 5, 2013, 1:52 am

apologies if this has been mentioned before, have not caught up fully with the whole thred, but

has anyone else had this flight post with no avios and tp's?

is it an error caused by uua on the outbound and or opup inbound?

or was there some exclusion that i am not aware of?
Old Jan 5, 2013, 2:26 am

Originally Posted by jonboy73
apologies if this has been mentioned before, have not caught up fully with the whole thred, but

has anyone else had this flight post with no avios and tp's?

is it an error caused by uua on the outbound and or opup inbound?

or was there some exclusion that i am not aware of?
It's a well known error, call the BAEC and they'll get the TPs sorted for you.
Old Jan 5, 2013, 2:57 am

Programs: BA GGL (for now) and Lifetime Gold, Marriott fan thanks to Bonvoy Moments

Korea was amazing and if you have not been, go! (i have booked again for the F1)

As a totally unexpected bonus my J flight on the return was upgraded to F! could not believe it! a first first followed by a second first and first first upgrade!

Anyway Happy New Year all, look forward to catching up with the trip report, can anyone point me to it?
Best book your hotel for F1 quick - seem to recall commentators mentioning a massive lack of rooms near the track so lots of people resort to love motels...
Old Jan 5, 2013, 3:19 am

Originally Posted by lorcancoyle
Best book your hotel for F1 quick - seem to recall commentators mentioning a massive lack of rooms near the track so lots of people resort to love motels...
sounds like a great excuse
Old Jan 5, 2013, 3:20 am

Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
It's a well known error, call the BAEC and they'll get the TPs sorted for you.
Cheers Tobias, I thought i had read that on here, is it when you UUA? I guess the system must turn it into a miles flight..
Old Jan 5, 2013, 3:24 am
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH D, Rad Plat

Great to hear the last of us made it back okay and in style...well done on the Op-Up. ^

Here is the link to the TR...(It is also linked in the wikipost above on 07..for others wondering)...Still some to come...I have been very, very delinquent and will correct that this week as I am now away on business so no longer acting as tour guide and home base for family visit over Christmas...sorry to everyone for the delay...

Anyway...the link to the TR:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trip-...lot-seoul.html
Old Jan 5, 2013, 3:44 am

Cheers Tobias, I thought i had read that on here, is it when you UUA? I guess the system must turn it into a miles flight..
Yes. Most of my TATL flights are J to F UuA and 7 times out of 10 I need to contact BAEC to have the TPs credited.
Old Jan 5, 2013, 10:45 am

Programs: Iberia, BAEC GOLD/ Priority Club : ROYAL Amb / Miles and More: SEN
He got home !!! :-)
Old Jan 5, 2013, 11:44 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Welcome back home jonboy73.^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.