Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Special Seoul launch offer | BA Board excursion

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 16, 2012, 11:10 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Stez

i Preface
This wikipost (and thread) exist because BA introduced a new route in Dec. 2012 from London Heathrow (LHR) Terminal 5 (T5) to Incheon International Airport (ICN), Seoul, Korea. This wikipost links to the latest, most relevant information we have collected for FTers flying or considering this route. The extensive nature of the thread is due to 80 FTers having taken up the special fare conditions during the first month.

Currently there is a glitch and the wikipost can only be edited by a moderator or ambassador - to update this thread, please send a PM to a moderator or ambassador. This wikipost can be edited by anyone, and therefore is superior to a traditional 'first post' as anyone can post new, corrected or updated information and link to that post in this wikipost thereby ensuring no single person has to maintain the first post and that information is always up to date. The suggested procedure is to go to the existing linked post and quote that post (if correcting or updating information) and then make the corrections / updates and remove the [QUOTE] tags. Then come back to this wikipost and link to the post you have just made. For new information, simply post the new information and link to it here. Please check that the information you post is indeed new or correct before posting. Thanks, we hope you find this thread of use and interest.

How to Edit this Wikipost Guide

If you have any issues please contact a moderator for assistance.

Date our next group is underway:

Our first few groups have now made their way across to Seoul, hopefully after enjoying some of this on the flight:

(admittedly not Dom but you get the idea)

ii Contents
01 The original post along with the fare conditions during the sale
02 The 80 FTers that are "launching this route"
03 The lounge and Enroute DO's in Dec 2012
04 The Dates People are Meeting in Seoul
05 The Route Details (aircraft type, cabins fitted, timings)
06 Information for those not familiar with BA or Heathrow
07 Making of an FT legend 80 fliers little bit of crazy whole lot of Seoul Trip Report
08 Publicity of this event
09 Returning to the UK (ICN airport info)
10 Hotels FTers have chosen and recommendations
11Things to do in Seoul
12 An Example itinerary for the overnighters
13 Food / Drink in Seoul
14 Transport while in Seoul
15 Weather
16 Links to FT Trip Reports and other sources of info
17 Language
18 Cultural Points
19 Money Matters (VAT, TIps, Cash or Card, ATMs)
20 Shopping
21 Health / Insurance
22 Electricity / Time
23 Legal Points to consider
24 Disabled/Gay/Smokers/Women travellers/Safety and Security
25 Internet / (mobile) Phones / Apps
26 Hazards (we may not be aware of)
27 The city never sleeps (opening times, holidays)
28 Police / Fighting / Taekwando
29 Public Toilets
30 Current offers (any sales we know of)
31 Following the launch antics via twitter
32 Archived Info (to keep the first post relevant)
iii Acknowledgments
This thread (guide) is an ongoing collaborative effort and could not have been produced without everyone here first being informed about the new route and incredible sale conditions by BApilotinsider, who started this thread originally, the resultant large interest from the FT community, and finally the kind contributions of many throughout this thread, with a special nod to itsmeitisss and UTA_flyinghigh. We hope it is of use not only to those going during the introductory month but also evolves later on when the route is mature.
wikipost updated to post 849
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Nov 26, 2012, 4:54 pm

Programs: BA GGL (for now) and Lifetime Gold, Marriott fan thanks to Bonvoy Moments

Is there a FT record for most co-authors of a trip report? If there is, can we break it? If not, let's set something that will last!
Old Nov 27, 2012, 3:31 am

Let me take the time to point out the obvious....

Absolutely amazing thread ladies and gents!
Every time I check back a wealth of useful information has been added, thanks to everyone who has contributed however big or small.

Can't wait!
Old Nov 27, 2012, 4:20 am

Lightbulb Twitter tag #fticn

For an instant communication when we're in Seoul, how about we use Twitter to stay in touch and share information. It's quick and makes sure information is easily spread. It would also remove some of the chatter from the FT forum.

Using hashtag #fticn to microblog from the trip.

- Share plans
- Share recommendations
- Share ideas and tips
- Share impressions
- Share pictures
- Stay in touch

Is the FT Seoul-gang on Twitter?
Old Nov 27, 2012, 5:42 am

Programs: BAEC at last back to Gold, Flying Blue, Red with the Bearded One, Accor, Finnair Plus Blue
Originally Posted by papabear
For an instant communication when we're in Seoul, how about we use Twitter to stay in touch and share information. It's quick and makes sure information is easily spread. It would also remove some of the chatter from the FT forum.

- Share plans
- Share recommendations
- Share ideas and tips
- Share impressions
- Share pictures
- Stay in touch

^ Our own twitter feed, fantastic idea, I might have to subscribe to twitter
Old Nov 27, 2012, 10:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
@SgtSlingsby will be trying to follow proceedings, if someone would kindly follow him, or whatever it is you're supposed to do. Or I'll try and work out what this #fticn achieves.

First time I've ever found potential utility for Twitter, TBH.
Old Nov 27, 2012, 11:53 am

Just returned from a trip to the USA,great flight.Chatting to the very slick CSD,who it would seem is part of the management team,the topic of the Number of FT'ers on the upcoming Seoul trip arose.I was tipped off,that this thread has been spotted and the subject of provisioning has been placed on the agenda for the regular weekly meeting.
I hope that means what I think it does.^
Old Nov 27, 2012, 12:00 pm

Programs: BA Gold, A3 White, HH Gold, Accor Plat.
Originally Posted by rapidex
lets hope it is not bag searches on leaving the lounge and a dry flight!

taking from another thread on here, wonder if we will see an "ft" prefix on the bp?
Old Nov 27, 2012, 12:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Good input, rapidex ... That will be a great comfort to concerned alcoholics.
Old Nov 27, 2012, 12:13 pm

Programs: BA Gold, A3 White, HH Gold, Accor Plat.
@jonboy73ft
Old Nov 27, 2012, 12:40 pm

Programs: BAEC at last back to Gold, Flying Blue, Red with the Bearded One, Accor, Finnair Plus Blue
Originally Posted by T8191
@SgtSlingsby will be trying to follow proceedings, if someone would kindly follow him, or whatever it is you're supposed to do. Or I'll try and work out what this #fticn achieves.

First time I've ever found potential utility for Twitter, TBH.
Noted @SgtSlingsby

@adsthundercat
Old Nov 27, 2012, 12:47 pm

Add twitter user names?

Originally Posted by papabear

- Share plans
- Share recommendations
- Share ideas and tips
- Share impressions
- Share pictures
- Stay in touch

We will have to ask BotB to add our twitter user names to the list as well, as if BotB does not have enough to do

@adsthundercat
Old Nov 27, 2012, 12:49 pm

Originally Posted by rapidex
Just returned from a trip to the USA,great flight.Chatting to the very slick CSD,who it would seem is part of the management team,the topic of the Number of FT'ers on the upcoming Seoul trip arose.I was tipped off,that this thread has been spotted and the subject of provisioning has been placed on the agenda for the regular weekly meeting.
Glad to read that they are taking us seriously. I would suggest that they "forget" to load some of the WT PAX luggage to allow more room for champers for us FTers, obviously not if the WT PAX is an FTer though.
Old Nov 27, 2012, 12:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by thundercat
Noted @SgtSlingsby

@adsthundercat
"Follow the Bear" ... Now to discover how to use Twitter!
Old Nov 27, 2012, 1:52 pm
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH D, Rad Plat
Excellent ideas everyone, I will add them to the wikipost shortly.

@FTBotB for twitter

Great teaser for the TR CreativeBill ^

Really glad to hear that BA are listening and hopefully will do something special or at least come and say hi!

I have heard from a few channels that they have now been made aware of the FT interest and groups...let's see what occurs.

I have been out of the loop for a day or two really so will update things and answer PM's soon!

Can't wait...Cant't wait....
Old Nov 27, 2012, 2:00 pm

Programs: BA gold
I'm starting to wish I'd booked mine earler in December and forego the trip to New Caledonia.

Especially if BA is already making a special FT contingency plan for the masses of FTers in early December.

Surprised today's Talkmail doesn't have any mention of this, it did have a BAEC thread in the hot threads, but one for two years ago.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.