Wiki Posts
Search

Back-to-Back to JER?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 1, 2018, 4:24 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by bisonrav
On the other hand, a short visit to St Helier can be very pleasant at this time of year - the buses are all contactless payment now and £2 in each direction, St Helier is about 30 minute from the airport. Lunch at the Bohemian Bar and Grill is highly recommended.
i don’t think leaving the airport is a good idea what with the marauding chicken problem

https://jerseyeveningpost.com/news/2...eral-chickens/
Old Aug 1, 2018, 4:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, Delta Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, AMEX Platinum (US)
I've not been to Jersey as much in the last couple of years as I usually have but all of my flights since 2016 seem to have been into/out of Gate 10 as opposed to Gate 2 (or sometimes Gate 3) as had been the case for all but one of my 50 odd visits to Jersey since 2005. Is this a new(ish) development? Not that it would make a huge amount of difference but for a B2B if you arrive on Gate 10 there's no way to accidentally be routed through the unmanned passport control check.
Old Aug 2, 2018, 12:16 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CR; Hilton Diamond; Mucci des Puccis
Originally Posted by KARFA

i don’t think leaving the airport is a good idea what with the marauding chicken problem

Yeah, but there's a f**ing T-Rex in the baggage claim so I wouldn't be spending too much time there either
Old Aug 2, 2018, 1:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Once upon a time, BA invariably used Gate 2. Now, Gate 10 seems much more common, with the added bonus of a separate gate waiting room for CE and Status pax. Very civilised.

Photos at the beginning of this TR >>> Malta with BA in Club Europe
Old Aug 2, 2018, 7:08 am

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Platinum, HH Diamond, Hertz PC,

I thought they had been imported by T8191 so he could take his American visitors hunting
KARFA and T8191 like this.
Old Aug 2, 2018, 7:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, Delta Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, AMEX Platinum (US)
Ha! My brother lived in (the referenced) Vallee de Vaux until recently and his young daughter referred to one of the roads out of there as "Chicken Hill" because they were inevitably all over the road.
KARFA and T8191 like this.
Old Aug 2, 2018, 11:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Originally Posted by Physci
I thought they had been imported by T8191 so he could take his American visitors hunting
Originally Posted by Fraser
Ha! My brother lived in (the referenced) Vallee de Vaux until recently and his young daughter referred to one of the roads out of there as "Chicken Hill" because they were inevitably all over the road.
We popped in to the Vic in the Valley (St Peter’s Valley) wth the visitors at lunchtime. There were herds of feral chooks up the ‘German Road’, and one of the hens shouted at me as I carefully drove around them. They’re clearly more aggressive than the Vallee de Vaux flock!

Hey, Fraser, small world! I hope yur brother kept to the 15mph limit, unlike so many!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.