Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Short haul catering guide - Winter 2012/13 [Beta]

Short haul catering guide - Winter 2012/13 [Beta]

Old Nov 5, 2012, 1:31 pm

Programs: Mucci de la Cuisine Aérienne du Réseau Courte Durée de British Airways
Originally Posted by cme17
I think the afternoon tea is wrong for band 2 - it definately wasn't a wrap yesterday and today from TXL in Eurotraveller.

I do find the list really useful and thank you for taking the time/trouble in doing it.
Yes you are right. The afternoon tea for Band 2 should read, basket pass as on domestics and band 1. The same as it reads for Brunch time.

Band 2 only get the wrap at lunch or evening.

I expect Prospero will amend it shortly. Thanks.
Old Nov 5, 2012, 1:40 pm

Is afternoon tea now served on band 4 as well?
It doesn't say that there's any difference between the bands in CE
at that time.
Old Nov 5, 2012, 1:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Thanks for pulling this together! Very useful information. ^

I did like the old graphic presentation style used in the previous shorthaul catering guide, however.
Old Nov 5, 2012, 1:52 pm

Programs: Mucci de la Cuisine Aérienne du Réseau Courte Durée de British Airways
Originally Posted by Hannibal Lecter
Is afternoon tea now served on band 4 as well?
It doesn't say that there's any difference between the bands in CE
at that time.
Band 4 flights offer a full meal on all flights.
Breakfast prior to 9.30am
Full meal from 9.30am onwards.

I was asked to check it over by Prospero but I must have missed a few things. Apologies, I had had a long day!
Old Nov 5, 2012, 2:24 pm

Programs: BAEC, AA, Emirates, Hilton, Hyatt, Taj Hotels
Originally Posted by Littlegirl
Unfortunately if crew don't return the Lee and Perrins to it's original stowage on long-haul US flights in particular, they get off loaded and are then discarded due to US food laws.

I know that WW crew are very particular about stowing the Lee and Perrins where the next crew can find it because it is very annoying if you have none.

It sounds like you were unlucky with the inbound crew on your Chicago.
A little dig at there at the MF teens?

I do like the Spicy Bloody Mary Mix that AA serve in cans - well it's actually Virgin Mary, but add Vodka and you get a Bloody Mary. This would at least partially solve the problems of missing L&P and Tabasco.
Old Nov 5, 2012, 2:28 pm

Originally Posted by Betteronacamel
A little dig at there at the MF teens?

I do like the Spicy Bloody Mary Mix that AA serve in cans - well it's actually Virgin Mary, but add Vodka and you get a Bloody Mary. This would at least partially solve the problems of missing L&P and Tabasco.
I don't think so actually.
Old Nov 5, 2012, 2:39 pm

ALC is missing, band 3 no doubt
Old Nov 5, 2012, 3:08 pm

TUN and ALC band 3 missing.
BER band 2 missing.
Old Nov 5, 2012, 3:20 pm

Regarding lager in traveller, since the catering changes, I'm not seeing Grolsch loaded on the flights I've operated. Whether this is a stock issue, or it's been 'enhanced' away, I don't know. Also I'm finding a choice of Tanqueray and Gordon's in the Traveller bars (again, no idea whether this is a temporary stock issue or a permanent change.
Old Nov 6, 2012, 2:11 am

Originally Posted by bwaflyer
Regarding lager in traveller, since the catering changes, I'm not seeing Grolsch loaded on the flights I've operated. Whether this is a stock issue, or it's been 'enhanced' away, I don't know. Also I'm finding a choice of Tanqueray and Gordon's in the Traveller bars (again, no idea whether this is a temporary stock issue or a permanent change.
I think some of the bar contents are being altered but I think it is an ongoing situation and I will try and find out the latest version when I can for you all.
Old Nov 6, 2012, 5:34 am
Suspended

Programs: Mucci, BAEC (Silver), FlyBe
Thanks for the update, Prospero.

Had a Band 1 ET breakfast this morning: basically, the Actimel has has been replaced by orange juice (^ - I always had a big problem with a product that never made any actual claims in its TV advert, yet had to have the primary ingredient renamed because it was misleading, and anyway OJ is more refreshing) and the pastry has been replaced by the aforementioned croissant (no preference either way, although the cheese today had no chutney). The Moma yoghurt-cum-cereal remains.

Last edited by dark_horse; Nov 6, 2012 at 6:08 am
Old Nov 6, 2012, 5:41 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by Littlegirl

I was asked to check it over by Prospero but I must have missed a few things. Apologies, I had had a long day!
Considering that you are doing this out of the kindness of you heart, you have absolutely nothing for which to apologise my dear!
Old Nov 6, 2012, 5:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
I think she deserves a Mucci du short-haul Nourriture!
Old Nov 6, 2012, 5:16 pm

Programs: BAEC silver, MC platinum, AmEx gold
Originally Posted by orbitmic
Thanks for the great work Prospero, Littlegirl, LTN Phobia, Stez.

What I really don't like in the new concept is that the hours of the two CE 'bad' meals (newly disguised 'extended breakfast' parading as brunch, and 'afternoon tea') are further extended instead of disappearing as they should. Band 3 flight departing LHR at 11.45 to mainland Europe typically means arrival around 3pm including the 1 hour time difference and they want to serve a fruit bowl and lattice pastry or a small selection of cold cuts? And in the other direction, 2pm departure from a third party lounge and you get Dundee cake and the ghastly finger sandwiches? Come on this can't be serious!

As Littlegirl mentioned in another thread, the right thing to do would be to have breakfast till 9.30 and then an all day meal for the rest of the day. I will also admit that I preferred the choice of two hot meals (rather than a meal and a salad with hot element on top) that was there for band 3 flights dinners and winter lunches before.

So all in all, it looks to me like an improvement in ET but a downgrade in CE.
Indeed.

It looks the lunchtime flight from OSL to LHR, usually my CE flight of choice leaving a few work hours before heading to London during lunch hour (although a 2hr, 20 min flight) is now within the dreaded 'extended breakfast' hours ("enhanced" into brunch).

Unlucky, I guess, as the flight is scheduled for 4 mins before the new lunch hour on-board kicks in
Old Nov 7, 2012, 2:59 am

Programs: BA Blue, VS Silver
Great Guide!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.